Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers vs Redskins game chat
(09-13-2016, 08:53 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't understand how you can pay corners much at all if they can't cover the best receiver anywhere on the field. Brown is on an untouchable level in every aspect of his game, including lining up from anywhere on the field, but any half decent receiver can run routes just as well from either side.

Skins fans I know: why isn't Norman covering Brown!??!

It's the same thing Sherman gets criticized for. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 12:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Skins fans I know: why isn't Norman covering Brown!??!

It's the same thing Sherman gets criticized for. 

Giving the offense the power to dictate the match-ups for basically every single play is probably not the way a defense should plan to succeed. Getting exposed week 1 is probably bad as well.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 01:27 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Giving the offense the power to dictate the match-ups for basically every single play is probably not the way a defense should plan to succeed. Getting exposed week 1 is probably bad as well.

At least Norman held your #5 receiver to only 2 catches for 26 yards on plays that he covered him on...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
"So Todd, let me see the gameplan for this week."

AB lines up left.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Only saw a little of the game, listened to most of it on the radio, but I did see Norman throwing a YUGE hissy fit after an incompletion where he had held AB's the jersey the entire time (short crossing route...well within the 5 yards he could use his hands).

Brown moved to the other side for the rest of the quarter and burned the 'Skins repeatedly.

But let's remember that guys like Sherman were hailed as the best ever!  Ninja

I get the concept that if one guy shuts down one whole side you can stack the other side.  But if you are stacking it with guys who can cover it doesn't help a heck of a lot.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote