• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A Smith goes off on Marvin Lewis
LOL this is comical

https://youtu.be/dsTQeozqD80
Reply/Quote
gee what a surprise....Smith's antics aren't worth the attention paid to them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That was hilarious. I dont like Steven Smith but cant say it aint true, but after the 90's and going from drafting the likes of Akili and Klingler to drafting Carson and Dalton, Mike Brown is afraid to potentially go back to the Dave Shula years. He wouldnt know a good coach if he was raised by one. He got lucky on Marvin being a little above average.
Reply/Quote
Lol, that was great.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I don’t know about you, but I would love to sit down and have a beer or two with Stephen A. Smith. He’s funny, he’s smart, he speaks his mind, and I admire that in any man who can do this whether I agree with him or not.

Right now I am not sure Stephen understands the dire straits in which we find the Cincinnati Bengals defense. It’s not just bad. It’s historically bad. However, on staff is already the coordinator who made a defense historically good, Marvin Lewis. Like it or not, Marvin is a known quantity in the world of defense. He runs a high pressure 4-3 with an aggressive secondary. I’m all for bringing in a new defensive coordinator for next season but right now we need somebody who knows the players as well as Marvin Lewis does.

Look, I feel for Marvin. He’s almost in a no-win situation. By making this move, Mike Brown has basically put Marvin on notice that the defense, indeed, the entire team is now totally his and his future depends on whether the Cincinnati Bengals sink or swim. Merely performing better than the defense Teryl Austin put on the field is not good enough either. Basically, Marvin has six short days to change the defensive culture in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t know about you, but I would love to sit down and have a beer or two with Stephen A. Smith. He’s funny, he’s smart, he speaks his mind, and I admire that any man who can do this whether I agree with him or not. 

I don't think he is funny or smart.  He is just loud and obnoxious. 

I don't hate on ESPN like some people here, but Stephen A. Smith is unwatchable for me.  He is absolutely the worst type of sports commentator around.  He does not care if he is right or wrong.  He just makes as much noise as possible.

And this has nothing to do with his position on Marvin Lewis.  There are plenty of commentators who rip Lewis that I can still listen to.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Look, I feel for Marvin. He’s almost in a no-win situation. By making this move, Mike Brown has basically put Marvin on notice that the defense, indeed, the entire team is now totally his and his future depends on whether the Cincinnati Bengals sink or swim.  Merely performing better than the defense Teryl Austin put on the field is not good enough either.  Basically, Marvin has six short days to change the defensive culture in Cincinnati.

The last shred of sympathy I had for Marven went out the window in the early hours of January 10, 2016.  He kept prattling on at the presser about how ultimate responsibility for this team rests with him.  If he really felt that way, and if he could step back and take an honest look at this shit-show, he'd type up his resignation and drop it on Scrooge McCkryptkeeper's desk on the way out the door.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The last shred of sympathy I had for Marven went out the window in the early hours of January 10, 2016.  He kept prattling on at the presser about how ultimate responsibility for this team rests with him. 

Every coach in the league says the same thing and none of them resign.  So basically you don't respect any NFL head coach, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: LOL this is comical

https://youtu.be/dsTQeozqD80
I can see why SAS(funny how his initials can also spell ASS) spends so much time screaming about Marvin.  They have that one really big thing in common--they both suck ass at what they do.  Kindred spirits.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: I can see why SAS(funny how his initials can also spell ASS) spends so much time screaming about Marvin.  They have that one really big thing in common--they both suck ass at what they do.  Kindred spirits.

Despite being handicapped by working for the worst owner in sports Marvin Lewis has beaten other NFL coaches more often than they have beaten him.

He definitely does not "suck ass".
Reply/Quote
That was funny.....gotta admit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every coach in the league says the same thing and none of them resign.  So basically you don't respect any NFL head coach, right?

The other coaches get held accountable (fired). Saying responsibility ultimately rests with them isn't a resignation, it's an understanding they're about to be fired. Except Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every coach in the league says the same thing and none of them resign.  So basically you don't respect any NFL head coach, right?

No, only the ones that can't win shit in 16 season, right?
Reply/Quote
Wait....Maybe Mr. Smith is on to something here. Maybe it's Mikey's master plan to break down Marvin to the point where he's too embarrassed to collect his pay check. Getting a head coach for free. Genius!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:14 PM)Benton Wrote: The other coaches get held accountable (fired). Saying responsibility ultimately rests with them isn't a resignation, it's an understanding they're about to be fired. Except Marvin.

Very few coaches get fired after a last second playoff loss with his back up QB starting.

I realize people around here are upset, but that is no excuse to just say batshit crazy stuff.  In January of 2016 Marvin was coach of a very talented team.  NO OTHER coach in the NFL would have quit at that point.  Don't you realize how stupid that claim sounds?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No, only the ones that can't win shit in 16 season, right?

He has won more games than his opponent coaches.

No coach in the league would have resigned with the team Marvin had in January 2016.  I understand you don't like Marvin, but that does not mean you can just spew something crazy and act like it is a legitimate opinion.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite being handicapped by working for the worst owner in sports Marvin Lewis has beaten other NFL coaches more often than they have beaten him.

Okay.  Let me amend.  SAS always sucks ass.  Marvin does not always suck ass, just at certain times,  like after byes, against the Steelers, on Sunday nights and playoff games.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Very few coaches get fired after a last second playoff loss with his back up QB starting.

I realize people around here are upset, but that is no excuse to just say batshit crazy stuff.  In January of 2016 Marvin was coach of a very talented team.  NO OTHER coach in the NFL would have quit at that point.  Don't you realize how stupid that claim sounds?

Andy's going to beat the Saints with his legs.  Do you realize how stupid that claim was?  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite being handicapped by working for the worst owner in sports Marvin Lewis has beaten other NFL coaches more often than they have beaten him.

So what you're saying , Fred, is that you're Marvin's lawyer not Mike Brown's like someone else mentioned. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Andy's going to beat the Saints with his legs.  Do you realize how stupid that claim was?  

Boy aren't you amazing.  You can actually tell what is going to happen in a game AFTER it happens.  Why aren't you getting rich in Vegas?

Oh wait....

(09-25-2018, 07:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bengals 21
Dirty Birds 38

They lick their wounds and get ready to (hopefully) squish the fish.

(09-10-2018, 07:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: 24-16 Ballamore.  Too many drives stall and get finished by Phat Randy.
Reply/Quote