Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephon Gilmore
Move the f along ser. Let's get Riley / Spain re-signed

Reply/Quote
Regardless if we sign Gilmore or not, I think we should jump on Elam or Booth at 31 if they are there (unless Linderbaum falls).

Gilmore will more than likely get a one year deal. A guy like Elam would be both a longterm developmental solution and an insurance policy/depth at the same time.
Reply/Quote
it would make no sense to grab Linderbaum at 31 since Cincy already has a center, and a 2nd round guard they drafted in 2021

drafting Linderbaum means Carman is a bench player until his contract is up

unless he beats out Karras, which ultimately means Karras was a dumb pick up
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it would make no sense to grab Linderbaum at 31 since Cincy already has a center, and a 2nd round guard they drafted in 2021

Collins, Cappa, and Karras being signed hints at the Bengals using more man-power run concepts, which Linderbaum doesn't fit at all.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Watson in no way is going to a Brown, then wait, he is a Brown.

The roller coasters of FA. Collins left town and we lost him, or did we?

This FA thing is an emotional roller coaster and the only ones having lots of fun are the agents. How would you like to be Watson's agent? What is 15% of 240 million dollars?

It’s been a wild FA so far. Only fitting after one of the best NFL Seasons/Post seasons in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:30 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Move the f along ser. Let's get Riley / Spain re-signed

Yes!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:30 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Move the f along ser. Let's get Riley / Spain re-signed

Maybe both players are hopeful they can start for other teams and don't want to return to the Bengals? Money matters, but I be they want to explore opportunities to play as starters.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it would make no sense to grab Linderbaum at 31 since Cincy already has a center, and a 2nd round guard they drafted in 2021

I agree. I don’t see the Bengals drafting a depth player at 31. They’re going to want someone who can contribute on the field. That means D line or CB.
Reply/Quote

I see zero chance they sign Reiff. No need to.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:22 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I see zero chance they sign Reiff. No need to.

So you're down with Fred Johnson and Isaiah Prince off the bench then?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So you're down with Fred Johnson and Isaiah Prince off the bench then?

Not at all. I’m saying he is not sticking around to be a backup.
Reply/Quote
[Image: threads.png]

This board in a nutshell.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:18 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: [Image: threads.png]

The key is getting 2 threads to 50 pages. It worked once....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:59 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Not at all. I’m saying he is not sticking around to be a backup.

Why wouldn't he? He's getting old and the game is taking a toll on his body. He's had a harder time of staying healthy. If I was him I would definitely settle for a backup deal at his age.

Reply/Quote

Does it help to land Gimore?  I think we need some positive energy.  Maybe someone should start a 3rd Gilmore thread if that would help.   
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it would make no sense to grab Linderbaum at 31 since Cincy already has a center, and a 2nd round guard they drafted in 2021

Nobody ever gets injured?

Talent is talent, so it always makes sense to draft talent.
Reply/Quote

To be fair that thread wasn't on the first page when I started this one. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:38 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Regardless if we sign Gilmore or not, I think we should jump on Elam or Booth at 31 if they are there (unless Linderbaum falls).

Gilmore will more than likely get a one year deal. A guy like Elam would be both a longterm developmental solution and an insurance policy/depth at the same time.

I’m hoping for Elam as well but if not then Kyler Gordon if he runs faster at a pro day if he decides to have one to improve on his 40 time. It would be even better if Mcduffie or Stingley slide down to us? After that it could be receiver and tackle to groom for the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:57 PM)Squintz Wrote: Nobody ever gets injured?

Talent is talent, so it always makes sense to draft talent.

I too don't understand not understanding that we need talented depth too at all positions.

Having a lot of good players is a great thing, not a bad thing.

Just cause we draft Linderbaum and he doesn't start right away doesn't mean it was a bad pick.

It could be at 31 or even in a trade back with his short arms.

Carman also could be great depth at all the Guard and Tackle spots and there is nothing wrong with that.

Need depth and great play in front of Burrow and a starter is bound to go down at some point in the season and is even likely.

Also agree with Harley and if Reiff wants to stick around as a backup it might be good for him as he thinks we can go back to 
the Superbowl anyways and needs to only have limited snaps with his injury history. Spain also could come back as quality depth
and this is good. Got some damn good starters besides LG, great competition will bring out the best.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I too don't understand not understanding that we need talented depth too at all positions.

Having a lot of good players is a great thing, not a bad thing.

Just cause we draft Linderbaum and he doesn't start right away doesn't mean it was a bad pick.

Exactly.

Honestly, it’s as if some people learned nothing after drafting Chase. Offensive line was unquestionably the greater need, but drafting BPA paid dividends immediately.

Higgins and Boyd are still valuable with Chase on the team. Had we drafted a linemen instead, we’d be tempted to reach on a lesser WR this year.

If you can draft a good player, you draft a good player. There’s nothing to gain from relying on false dilemmas to guide your strategy.
Reply/Quote