Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephon Gilmore
(03-22-2022, 05:59 PM)thegimp Wrote: Tariq Woolen is not getting enough pub,he played at UTSA, so maybe you can knock the competition, but how often have you ever seen a 6'4" corner with 4.2 speed? Might be a bit of a reach in the first, but a monumental steal in the second.

Yeah I really like Woolen myself. Would love for him to be the pick in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah I really like Woolen myself. Would love for him to be the pick in the 2nd round.

I really think he has a good chance to go in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
I would love to have Gilmore. We need another CB and he is the best one out there we could sign. Can we afford him? I dont know. I do know there will be times when we need to make a defensive adjustment and play man coverage. It would help to have a CB that is very good in man coverage.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:57 PM)jj22 Wrote:

Not if you cut Spain, that frees up some more $$
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not if you cut Spain, that frees up some more $$

Cutting Spain saves us absolutely no money, because.....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 05:59 PM)thegimp Wrote: Tariq Woolen is not getting enough pub,he played at UTSA, so maybe you can knock the competition, but how often have you ever seen a 6'4" corner with 4.2 speed? Might be a bit of a reach in the first, but a monumental steal in the second.

Because Tariq Woolen has a very good chance of ending up as a highly drafted Special Teams player.  Right now that 6'4 205 4.2 forty yard dash is all he is because he looks average at his best on the field.  You're buying high on traits and not his actual play... He is a very big gamble.

Watch the Western Kentucky vs UTSA C-USA conference game and that is exactly the player you're getting with Woolen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Watch the Western Kentucky vs UTSA C-USA conference game and that is exactly the player you're getting with Woolen.

it's the player you're getting but no where near to what he can become. Woolen has been playing CB for exactly 2 years. There's nothing in his game that is not coachable and most are rudimentary. No disrespect to the fine coaches at UTSA, but I'd like to think ours are a little better. 

The kid is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. 

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: it's the player you're getting but no where near to what he can become. Woolen has been playing CB for exactly 2 years. There's nothing in his game that is not coachable and most are rudimentary. No disrespect to the fine coaches at UTSA, but I'd like to think ours are a little better. 

The kid is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. 

I'm not saying the he couldnt develop just saying at this point your buying high on measurables because right now he is not a good corner. He is a big gamble.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 08:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not if you cut Spain, that frees up some more $$

You cant cut Spain because he is not on the team.  He is a free agent.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You cant cut Spain because he is not on the team.  He is a free agent.

Well we could sign him for $3 MIL for 1 year with $1 MIL guaranteed. Then we could cut him and save $2 MIL

Reply/Quote

What if we cut Spain AND Burfict?  $$$$$$$$$$$

Reply/Quote

We need to spend some money on Spain. Unless they want to sign Tretter. Even there I'd want to sign him still if he's willing to be the first guy off the bench.
Reply/Quote
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain...........

If Zac wants him back then so be it, but I'm not nearly as big on Spain as others or PFF.

But if they can get him on the cheap, ok. But would much rather have Reiff if healthy or just roll with what we have.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:41 AM)casear2727 Wrote: What if we cut Spain AND Burfict?  $$$$$$$$$$$

I personally think they should also cut Jerome Simpson. Guy has really been phoning it in ever since the flip play. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I personally think they should also cut Jerome Simpson. Guy has really been phoning it in ever since the flip play. Ninja

I think it's time to let go of AJ Green personally. He did almost nothing at the end of the season or the playoffs to warrant keeping him around.

Also lets get Clint Boling back at LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Adeniji isn't even an O-lineman until he can anchor. He sure better be working on his lower body big time.

Doesn't matter what length you have or how quick your feet are if you cannot stay low and hold your ground at least some of the
time. I do really like D'Ante Smith and he shown he CAN play LG last preseason, he was pretty damn dominant at LG till he got injured.

So D'Ante CAN play both Guard and Tackle which makes him valuable. Same with Carman.

Completely agree about Adeniji.  Maybe Smith can play better LG and can add more strength again....I know Pollack wants "glass eaters", but his scheme really calls for better athletes than just slugs. Smith is a really good athlete with prototypical length for a tackle.  

I would feel better with Carman and possibly Spain battling it out for LG and Smith being groomed as a tackle and would be the first tackle off the bench in the event of an injury.  

I know they love Smith, though, and maybe ZT will let folks out of the proverbial doghouse faster than Marv did, but I bet you are right and it is Smith and Carman fighting it out for LG.  

I know Smith will take the offseason program seriously and hopefully that pushes Carman to do the same.  Pollack gave some faint praise to Carman's "better approach" already.  
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Completely agree about Adeniji.  Maybe Smith can play better LG and can add more strength again....I know Pollack wants "glass eaters", but his scheme really calls for better athletes than just slugs. Smith is a really good athlete with prototypical length for a tackle.  

I would feel better with Carman and possibly Spain battling it out for LG and Smith being groomed as a tackle and would be the first tackle off the bench in the event of an injury.  

I know they love Smith, though, and maybe ZT will let folks out of the proverbial doghouse faster than Marv did, but I bet you are right and it is Smith and Carman fighting it out for LG.  

I know Smith will take the offseason program seriously and hopefully that pushes Carman to do the same.  Pollack gave some faint praise to Carman's "better approach" already.  

Agree with everything as usual. The thing about D'Ante is he was way ahead of schedule last preseason before the injury. He 
really worked his tail off and was pushing for a starting spot before he went down. I am not betting against him gaining a lot 
of muscle and becoming a guy that can push the starters at all the spots besides Center. His body type is perfect for grooming 
into a top OT though, like you said.

Would like Spain back as well for competition for the LG spot with Carman. Would be great depth regardless of who wins the 
job. Spain played hurt late last year, I truly believe that was the reason for his poor play.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You cant cut Spain because he is not on the team.  He is a free agent.

should have said don;t resign him, that would save some $$ if we want to look at a DB.. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 01:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: should have said don;t resign him, that would save some $$ if we want to look at a DB.. 

Forget Spain. They could save even more money by not signing all of the other guys that are free agents. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah I really like Woolen myself. Would love for him to be the pick in the 2nd round.

Woolen is fast but I do not think worth 2nd round in terms of skill
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote