Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stevenson or Toney.?
(02-04-2021, 09:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t really work in the red zone either. He has 1 career TD in 3 years. I really fell for the hype with Tate because his catches always look so impressive since he’s never open, but I can admit when I was wrong. Tate is just not that good.

I agree Red Zone has been an issue for the Bengals, i was really disappointed in our production last year with adding to WR and getting AJ back and Burrow coming in.. The most important areas we have to improve on next season are:  Coaching, QB, and WRs.. Red Zone production can be make or break for winning games on Offensive and also on the other side of the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Callahan and Taylor really do a porous job of schemeing
The targets to get open. How many TD passes did this offense
Have over last year?
How often did the WRs have a oppurtunity to catch
Passes without DB attached to his hip?
I went back and watched a Bengals Colts 2005 game
Chad TJ Henry were open all night.
I watch ZTs offense and rarely do I see targets
Catch a ball a stride and get massive YAC.
ZT runs a very predictable offense.
Very little pre snap motion or rub routes
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree Red Zone has been an issue for the Bengals, i was really disappointed in our production last year with adding to WR and getting AJ back and Burrow coming in.. The most important areas we have to improve on next season are:  Coaching, QB, and WRs.. Red Zone production can be make or break for winning games  on Offensive and also on the other side of the ball.

TE can (and should) be a big factor in red zone too.
Having an elite pass-catching TE in the red zone is golden.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 05:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TE can (and should) be a big factor in red zone too.
Having an elite pass-catching TE in the red zone is golden.

most teams don;t have elite TEs but a good amount have productive ones in the red zone... also a WR that can put pressure on the defense with runs, short screens etc is very important.. we are lacking in both
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: most teams don;t have elite TEs but a good amount have productive ones in the red zone... also a WR that can put pressure on the defense with runs, short screens etc is very important.. we are lacking in both

That's WHY we need a WR like Toney or Darden  or even Schwartz. I think if we take Pitts in the 1st and address OL in FA and then take Darden or Schwartz in the 4th and fix the rest of the OL and DL in the draft we could be dangerous. I still think we need another starting calibur safety. Williams won't be back and B Wilson is average at best. Another ballhawking safety to go with Bates would be amazing. We could then use Bell in hybrid situations and close to the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
I want Stevenson so I can call him The Houston Rocket.

Also he's one of the few where you can just see his speed kills on tape. The dude fly from a stop. I'll be curious to see his 10 split. I saw a play where he had to stop to make a catch, A DB was closing in on him at full speed, by his 3rd step MS was faster
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I want Stevenson so I can call him The Houston Rocket.

Also he's one of the few where you can just see his speed kills on tape. The dude fly from a stop. I'll be curious to see his 10 split. I saw a play where he had to stop to make a catch, A DB was closing in on him at full speed, by his 3rd step MS was faster

The guy speeds by defenders after catch when they are closing in full stride.

Amazing blazing speed.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 09:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The guy speeds by defenders after catch when they are closing in full stride.

Amazing blazing speed.

I'd happily go Trenches the first 2 rounds and pick up MS in the 3rd; however, I doubt he'll be there. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote