Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Still having fans at games?
(08-11-2021, 03:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have an uncle who smoked for 40 years and never got heart or lung disease.

What does that say about all the scientific studies that claim to show smoking is bad for your health?

I lived in Chicago and was never a victim of, nor did I witness any gun violence.  Safest place on earth if you stop listening to the media BS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 02:04 PM)Tony Wrote: You realize herd immunity is never gonna happen right? Also people vacinnated are still getting it and passing it even dieing... My wife can't get because she has health issues,  and there thousands probably millions just like her. Herd immunity is a pipe dream. I been running around since this started, no mask, no sanitizing and I haven't even had so much as a cold this whole time.. 

The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health believes herd immunity is achievable if enough people will get vaccinated. Just like chicken pox, measles, mumps, rubella, polio, pertussis, smallpox, etcetera because vaccines provide immunity to most recipients which prevents disease, spread, and the chance for vaccine resistant mutations. But, we have to overcome people’s hesitancy to get vaccinated through education.

Pennsylvania is not publishing their data. But, in Georgia, breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people resulting in hospitalizations is 0.1% of total Covid hospitalizations. And the number is 0.2% for deaths. Which means over 99% of patients hospitalized or dying from Covid in Georgia are unvaccinated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox43.com/amp/article/news/local/covid-breakthrough-cases-pennsylvania/521-69794273-454a-4526-af38-3f9eabc9fe8d

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/10/us/covid-breakthrough-infections-vaccines.html

(08-11-2021, 02:20 PM)Tony Wrote: I still won't get it...

Not even to help protect your wife from getting Covid?

Is there anything your doctor could tell you which could change your mind?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 02:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fine by me.  The vaccine is like a condom...more effective than nothing but completely optional and completely demonized by certain people.

Getting vaccinated was more fun than using a condom...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 08:07 PM)jason Wrote: Getting vaccinated was more fun than using a condom...

Well I'd rather die than knock up any woman who'd stoop so low as to have sex with me, so we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I lived in Chicago and was never a victim of, nor did I witness any gun violence.  Safest place on earth if you stop listening to the media BS.

That's about as inaccurate a statement as I've seen. While most media is in fact BS, the number of homicides and shootings in Chicago are not made up. We lose more people in Chicago than we do the Middle East. As of August 1st. there have been 445 homicides for the year, and 461 shootings in July alone. Safest place on Earth? Not by a long shot..... just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's not going on.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 11:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's about as inaccurate a statement as I've seen. While most media is in fact BS, the number of homicides and shootings in Chicago are not made up. We lose more people in Chicago than we do the Middle East. As of August 1st. there have been 445 homicides for the year, and 461 shootings in July alone. Safest place on Earth? Not by a long shot..... just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's not going on.

[Image: thatsthejoke.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 03:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have an uncle who smoked for 40 years and never got heart or lung disease.

What does that say about all the scientific studies that claim to show smoking is bad for your health?

It doesn't say anything, it's an anecdote. My mother never smoked a cigarette in her life and died of Pulmonary Fibrosis. Another anecdote. The scientific studies cover large groups of people to determine relationships between smoking and health. 
Reply/Quote