Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still just sick over this...
(09-05-2015, 08:33 AM)jjvolt Wrote: We take fisher over tyler lockett in the 2nd rd! Lockett has absolutely ripped it up in the preseason, fisher, not so much.  (lockett has done alot of damage vs. the "ones) Lockett would have rid us of the agony of watching tate return kicks and would at least be the number 3 wr and a game changer. The fisher pick was typical bengals b.s. preparing for the financial future instead of win now. And dont tell me about alford, he couldnt even beat out tate
Awe poor baby we can't draft the perfect player all the time. I like how you're some kinda forum prophet who can predict everyone's career off a couple preseason games.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most experts and many "other fans" picked us to beat the Colts on the road in the playoffs last year.

"Bungles' is a term used by people who need to be negative about their own team.

A lot of experts are calling for us to fall to 3rd place in the division THIS year.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:55 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: Besides, if they take Lockett, how is that any less just preparing for the financial future? The top 3 WRs are all free agents after this year. If they were just drafting for financial future reasons, they WOULD have taken Lockett.

I liked Lockett a lot too, but will never complain about taking O-line high in the draft.

Plus, how do you know from one year to the next what position is going to be a need?

And I still don't understand your issues with Tate returning kicks.

Spot on Pong. Tate is not a terrible returner, he is just not a great one. He is reliable. I bet Alford
takes his job sooner than later but it is not terrible for Tate to be on this team, i think there is quite
an extreme on the Tater hater side.

My problems with Tate stem from him not being that good of a Receiver.

BTW Fisher should help this team THIS year, i don't know if Lockett would with Green and MLJ in
front of him. Nobody knows though for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:55 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: Besides, if they take Lockett, how is that any less just preparing for the financial future? The top 3 WRs are all free agents after this year. If they were just drafting for financial future reasons, they WOULD have taken Lockett.

I liked Lockett a lot too, but will never complain about taking O-line high in the draft. Taking lockett has nothing to do with re-signing green. Do you really think they will let him walk? Odds are far more in favor andre smith or whit walking away. That is the exact reason we drafted fisher.

Plus, how do you know from one year to the next what position is going to be a need?

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:06 AM)jjvolt Wrote: I can. Based on locketts credentials, production, and bloodline, yes i can. So teams dont evaluate players or make assumptions about them in the preseason?
I wanted lockett from jump, taking fisher, especially after taking ced in the 1st is not gonna move this team deeper into the post season.

You can. But there's also a reason you do not have a job in an NFL front office.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:12 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You would have gotten negative rep from me if we had it.  Fans don't use the "B" word.

+2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Taking lockett would have nothing to do with resigning a.j. green . 2 totally different players with totally different roles. Do u really think they will let green walk? Taking fisher has everything to do with letting andre walk next year. You dont draft depth in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:57 AM)Beaker Wrote: You can. But there's also a reason you do not have a job in an NFL front office.
Rolleyes how clever, yes, i dont believe thst any of in here are employed at an nfl front office.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:48 AM)jjvolt Wrote: A lot of experts are calling for us to fall to 3rd place in the division THIS year.

Recent history has shown 3rd place is a 10-6 record and a wild card.

Pipe down Francis
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:07 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Taking lockett would have nothing to do with resigning a.j. green . 2 totally different players with totally different roles. Do u really think they will let green walk? Taking fisher has everything to do with letting andre walk next year.  You dont draft depth in the 2nd round.

Yes you do. You do it in the first round, too. The Bengals have one of the most talented rosters in football so there are very very few rookies in any round that would start or be a major contributor outside of special teams.

Besides that, a small WR is not something that is a feature in the Bengals offense. That type of player is used as an outlet valve. Nor does it have to be featured with the personnel they have. There's just no need for that type of guy to be a featured high round pick. But, talent is talent so if they would have grabbed him... great.

Frankly, I didn't want a WR in this draft anyway. There are PLENTY of playmakers in their prime across the board for the Bengals. Offensive line youth & depth were much more important and I think Fisher is a great prospect.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:07 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Taking lockett would have nothing to do with resigning a.j. green . 2 totally different players with totally different roles. Do u really think they will let green walk? Taking fisher has everything to do with letting andre walk next year.  You dont draft depth in the 2nd round.

Sanu and Jones are also in the last year of their contracts.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sanu and Jones are also in the last year of their contracts.

Our top 3 wideouts, pretty crazy.

If MLJ can stay healthy we have to re-sign him, i think he is a special player.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:48 AM)jjvolt Wrote: A lot of experts are calling for us to fall to 3rd place in the division THIS year.

And not a single one of them is claiming it is because we don't have a better #4WR or another punt return man.

I actually like Lockett a lot.  I think he will be a good NFL player.  But he is not a game changers that would have made a big difference in our ability to "win now".  And I am fine with the guys we did take.
Reply/Quote

Isn't a 4th or 5th receiver also depth?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Experts call for a lot of things that don't favor the Bengals and  have been wrong consecutive years since 2011, right?

In this thread you have also discredited the franchise as less than top tier. That's your right to do so, but it's really off base. They turned the ship around years ago and are now viewed as a top tier organization by many NFL fan bases. I actually hear Bengals fans dogging the organization more than fans from other teams and that is a huge change!

Anyone that uses the term bungles when I'm talking football has been using the term as good natured ribbing. That is a much different attitude than the 90's through 2010.

They don't have the championships yet, but the Bengals organization as a whole can be mentioned with the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc. as a top run organization. I don't see anything that indicates that changing any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:19 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Recent history has shown 3rd place is a 10-6 record and a wild card.

Pipe down Francis

That is not the kind of record some writers and pundits are predicting, fyi.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:31 PM)jjvolt Wrote: That is not the kind of record some writers and pundits are predicting, fyi.

Who gives a shit what the pundits say.

We will be the only AFC North team 1-0 after the first week BTW.

My prediction...
Reply/Quote

I liked Lockett a lot too, but will never complain about taking O-line high in the draft.

I hate Tate as a punt returner, he doesn't do too bad on kicks, and actually, he is a better receiver than a returner. Returning punts takes visions, he has none. 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:48 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: I hate Tate as a punt returner, he doesn't do too bad on kicks, and actually, he is a better receiver than a returner. Returning punts takes visions, he has none. 

I think he has great vision. Always picks the right hole and does the right thing. Just maybe doesn't have quite the burst to make the huge play more often. I rarely see him make a mistake vision-wise though
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our top 3 wideouts, pretty crazy.

If MLJ can stay healthy we have to re-sign him, i think he is a special player.

I predict our top receiving weapons targets breaking down in this order...

Green
Eifert
MLJ
Burkhead (will start slow but will get Sanu's targets as season goes on)
Sanu (opposite of Burkhead's targets)
Bernard
Little
Hill
Tate
Kroft
Reply/Quote