Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still just sick over this...
If you remember, gio was specifically drafted for his home run threat type ability. This comes directly from hobson and the official website after he was drafted. The organization wanted more plays over 20 yds. Do you remember that? Unless you are closer to the scene than hobson stop generalizing. And, once again, lockett has elite value as a KR,
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:06 AM)jjvolt Wrote: I can. Based on locketts credentials, production, and bloodline, yes i can. So teams dont evaluate players or make assumptions about them in the preseason?
I wanted lockett from jump, taking fisher, especially after taking ced in the 1st is not gonna move this team deeper into the post season.

well your last statement is an assumption... how do you know Fisher won;t contribute and help lead us to the post season... neither lockett or fisher would be a starter on opening day.. so you are assuming lockett will contribute more as a backup during the season.. i could assume fisher will contribute more as a backup.

Credentials and bloodline.. well I would say Fisher some some nice ones too.. let see how the season and next year play out to really have a fair debate...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:01 PM)jjvolt Wrote: If you remember, gio was specifically drafted for his home run threat type ability. This comes directly from hobson and the official website after he was drafted. The organization wanted more plays over 20 yds. Do you remember that? Unless you are closer to the scene than hobson stop generalizing. And, once again, lockett has elite value as a KR,

Who gives a shit about Lockett?

Nobody cares, just be quiet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:01 PM)jjvolt Wrote: If you remember, gio was specifically drafted for his home run threat type ability. This comes directly from hobson and the official website after he was drafted. The organization wanted more plays over 20 yds. Do you remember that? Unless you are closer to the scene than hobson stop generalizing. And, once again, lockett has elite value as a KR,

the value of a KR has dropped big time with moving the ball forward 5 yards.  I believe now almost 50 percent of kickoffs are touchbacks.

That is like being able to walk Votto 50 percent of the time but with him having no chance to score.... 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Who gives a shit about Lockett?

Nobody cares, just be quiet.

Then dont read it, bud. Its a discussion forum. I doubt you know much about him, thus the sophmoric language and attitude.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:20 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: the value of a KR has dropped big time with moving the ball forward 5 yards.  I believe now almost 50 percent of kickoffs are touchbacks.

That is like being able to walk Votto 50 percent of the time but with him having no chance to score.... 
nice thought but he returns punts too.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:22 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Then dont read it, bud. Its a discussion forum. I doubt you know much about him, thus the sophmoric language and attitude.

Oh God, another person who knows him personally...

First Cobi's buddy now this.

And I have an honours university degree in Communications and Italian, so yeah, I think I know how to speak/write correctly.

Lockett is not on our team and we don't need him; we don't give a shit. Period. Take it elsewhere.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:38 AM)Synric Wrote: Rex can play RB if needed too makes him more versatile.  The return thing would be nice because they are lacking a dynamic return guy. No idea why Alford and Gio didnt get more chances Thursday night.

Tiger Thursday night??!! The last 2 years all we hear in the off season is the Bengals want to get more dynamic in the return game. We get guys who have smoke coming off their shoes when they run and all we see in the pre-season is Tate returning kicks. We know what this clown can do. I'm really beginning to think the Bengals don't want anybody else returning kicks. Pisses me off...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote

Which is why we needed the upgrade at rb since Benson wasn't providing...and once again there was a need for Gio while there isn't a necessarily a need for drafting a player only for KR ability. You're upset because we didn't draft a supposedly "elite value" kick returner. You must be upset we didn't get Jarryd Hayne either then huh? Lol once again, it's an analysis from preseason and you're not even willing to see what Alford or Fisher can do in the regular season...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Most experts and many "other fans" picked us to beat the Colts on the road in the playoffs last year.

"Bungles' is a term used by people who need to be negative about their own team.

Or people who have a sense of humor.  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 06:34 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Tate iis no threat to break a big one.

Yes he is.  He has 3 career return TDs.  He has a dozen returns longer than 40 yards.

Last year we were losing to the Broncos in the fourth quarter when Tate returned a punt 50 yards to the Denver 12 to set up the go ahead score.

When we beat Buffalo in overtime in 2013 the winning score was set up by a long punt return by Tate
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:33 AM)jjvolt Wrote: We take fisher over tyler lockett in the 2nd rd! Lockett has absolutely ripped it up in the preseason, fisher, not so much.  (lockett has done alot of damage vs. the "ones) Lockett would have rid us of the agony of watching tate return kicks and would at least be the number 3 wr and a game changer. The fisher pick was typical bengals b.s. preparing for the financial future instead of win now. And dont tell me about alford, he couldnt even beat out tater tot.

We almost never draft straight best player available, and few teams do. Instead position needs factor heavily in the Bengals draft picks. We were going to draft two OTs this year regardless and one of them was going to be in the 1st round no matter what. That's just how this team drafts.

The team tries to fill a position of need (or a position it believes is going to be a near future need) with the best player it can draft. That's different than BPA.

In 2010 we needed a TE and we had Ocho and Owens for starting WRs. So we draft Gresham while Dez Bryant was still on the board. The fact is we were going to draft one of the top TEs that year no matter what and no dangling super star was going to stop us.

Hindsight is always better and no one really knows what Mikey B sees anyway.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he is.  He has 3 career return TDs.  He has a dozen returns longer than 40 yards.

Last year we were losing to the Broncos in the fourth quarter when Tate returned a punt 50 yards to the Denver 12 to set up the go ahead score.

When we beat Buffalo in overtime in 2013 the winning score was set up by a long punt return by Tate

Don't confuse people with facts. Once upon a time a long time ago, he fair caught a punt at the 10 and that's all some people care about. It's like they block out everything else.
Reply/Quote
Go donate some time to help homeless or do some work for an animal rescue. more productive

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Fisher is a pick for the future.

The Bengals just didn't see WR as a huge need this off season. Tyler Lockett being available wasn't going to change their priorities regardless.

Our WR corp is pretty good right now. I think having Fisher around next season or the season after that will really help out.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:42 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Well, I'd hope he could, because he is a RB. I'm excited to see him get lots of slot snaps, but Lockett would've had a great role here regardless.

You have a guy who you know what he can do and he still took those snaps away from them, no idea either.

+1
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 10:33 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Don't confuse people with facts. Once upon a time a long time ago, he fair caught a punt at the 10 and that's all some people care about. It's like they block out everything else.

I think people don't like Tate because he is a straight line runner. He doesn't make too many moves or try to be flashy, which is probably what the coaches like about him. While he may not make the big play, he rarely doesn't set you up with average field position. Guys who make spectacular returns often lose 5 on their other returns... So it's up to the coach to get a return guy that fits their style. Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll, they want big plays, the go for Barner and Lockette. Marvin Lewis, he plays field position, he goes Tate. Just a coaches preference if you ask me. AND if Marvin wants flash he just throws Adam Jones in there... its pretty smart actually.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our top 3 wideouts, pretty crazy.

If MLJ can stay healthy we have to re-sign him, i think he is a special player.
Ok, i give up...who is MLJ? Is that supposed to be marvin jones or sanu?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 09:29 AM)jjvolt Wrote: Ok, i give up...who is MLJ? Is that supposed to be marvin jones or sanu?

Seriously?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 09:29 AM)jjvolt Wrote: Ok, i give up...who is MLJ? Is that supposed to be marvin jones or sanu?

You are a Bengals fan and don't know who Marvin Lewis Jones is?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote