Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still just sick over this...
(09-05-2015, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't a 4th or 5th receiver also depth?

Oh snap.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I predict our top receiving weapons targets breaking down in this order...

Green
Eifert
MLJ
Burkhead (will start slow but will get Sanu's targets as season goes on)
Sanu (opposite of Burkhead's targets)
Bernard
Little
Hill
Tate
Kroft

Lets not forget Hewitt who catches very well.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our top 3 wideouts, pretty crazy.

If MLJ can stay healthy we have to re-sign him, i think he is a special player.

You probably know this...but, I don't work in an NFL front office. Thus, my question: If the PBS FO is so clever, how did they allow so many contracts to come due at the same time? Confused Rolleyes Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lets not forget Hewitt who catches very well.

Absolutely.  Valuable player and gotta love the story.  And still just getting started.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:06 AM)jjvolt Wrote: I can. Based on locketts credentials, production, and bloodline, yes i can. So teams dont evaluate players or make assumptions about them in the preseason?
I wanted lockett from jump, taking fisher, especially after taking ced in the 1st is not gonna move this team deeper into the post season.

And you may be correct, Lockett may turn out to be a gem.

Or he may blow out a knee week 1

Last I checked, pre-season games and stats don't count.

Let's see if this guy can due it live in the regular season and becomes an A. Brown or if his size gets him hurt if used too much before we anoint this fellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't see how people can't understand that if we drafted players that other teams drafted, they may not be as successful here.

Seahawks know what they are doing with a guy like Lockette. As for the Bengals... who knows? but I have my doubts.

Just because a guy looks great somewhere else says nothing about how well he would do here.
Reply/Quote
Tackles are a lot harder to find then slot Wrs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Fisher was good value as a 2nd round pick. He really did well at the combine. The tools are there.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:02 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I predict our top receiving weapons targets breaking down in this order...

At first reading, I though you meant get injured.  
Reply/Quote
Preseason preseason preseason. Wait until production in the regular season, especially when talking about players who played well against the "ones" in preseason. And it doesn't hurt to add depth to the o-line...you're talking about kick returns. I doubt he'd be a WR3 for us. We still have AJ, Jones and Sanu as 1,2,3...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:43 PM)Derrick Wrote: You probably know this...but, I don't work in an NFL front office. Thus, my question: If the PBS FO is so clever, how did they allow so many contracts to come due at the same time? Confused Rolleyes Thanks.

Actually they only have 2 big money contracts to worry about.

Green and Iloka.

After that its all small change 1 and 2 year contract guys.
Cant keep the same guys forever.

I think the Bengals handle contracts and wizardry of the cap about as well if not better than any other team in the NFL
Reply/Quote
Somebody needs to be told the story of the old bull and the young bull
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:55 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: I think he has great vision. Always picks the right hole and does the right thing. Just maybe doesn't have quite the burst to make the huge play more often. I rarely see him make a mistake vision-wise though

I give tate credit for being a sure handed returner. Thats it. Field position is pretty important. Tate iis no threat to break a big one.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 04:13 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Preseason preseason preseason. Wait until production in the regular season, especially when talking about players who played well against the "ones" in preseason. And it doesn't hurt to add depth to the o-line...you're talking about kick returns. I doubt he'd be a WR3 for us. We still have AJ, Jones and Sanu as 1,2,3...
Game changers. I believe lockett is one. They drafted gio for his big play ability. He surely is not an every down back (or a kr either). People are fine with that...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't see how people can't understand that if we drafted players that other teams drafted, they may not be as successful here.

Seahawks know what they are doing with a guy like Lockette. As for the Bengals... who knows? but I have my doubts. Remember baby hawk? He gave us a spark at slot and wasnt an elite KR like lockett.

Just because a guy looks great somewhere else says nothing about how well he would do here.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: And you may be correct, Lockett may turn out to be a gem.

Or he may blow out a knee week 1

Last I checked, pre-season games and stats don't count.

Let's see if this guy can due it live in the regular season and becomes an A. Brown or if his size gets him hurt if used too much before we anoint this fellow

Thats fine. Funny though how i cant annoint a guy like lockett but others can annoint fisher.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:47 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You can't really make assumptions about this year's draft based on a few preseason games.  

This really should have ended this thread.

Weak ass shit....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote:
Most experts and many "other fans" picked us to beat the Colts on the road in the playoffs last year.

"Bungles' is a term used by people who need to be negative about their own team.

Why would they do that? Even the biggest homers saw that the team was decimated.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:27 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't a 4th or 5th receiver also depth?

Yes and no. You create a pkg. of plays for breakaway talent like lockett on offense not to mention his talent as a KR. I dont think any coach would come up with a set of plays to feature fishers or any other O lineman skills and then rotate him back out. Lol, its as if football is new to some of you.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 06:38 PM)jjvolt Wrote: Game changers. I believe lockett is one. They drafted gio for his big play ability. He surely is not an every down back (or a kr either). People are fine with that...

Drafted Gio because we needed an upgrade at RB not for just a game changer. And he's not an every down back, but he is the #2 and we like to use him more often than we would ever use a slot receiver for just a game changing ability. Plus You're writing off Alford after just seeing Locketts few preseason games. Wait until the regular season. And once again it doesn't hurt to add depth to the o line
Reply/Quote