Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-02-2020, 03:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember last year when Burrow stunk in big conference losses to Florida (34 att, 192 yds, 0 td, 2 int) and Alabama (35 att, 184 yds, 0 td, 1 int)?

LSU was not a QB friendly system last year, it was basically his freshman year, and he obviously worked hard to get better.  His release has a lot more power, his pocket awareness is much better, his throwing mechanics are much tighter.

What the Flordia tape from last year then watch the Texas A&M or Auburn game this year.  Its literally night and day, he had the fundamentals, but his velocity has gone way upon his release and he's lasering dudes.  What I love is he didn't just blame his terrible line in 2018, but rather focused on improving himself so that when the o line got better it became a perfect storm.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: LSU was not a QB friendly system last year, it was basically his freshman year, and he obviously worked hard to get better.  His release has a lot more power, his pocket awareness is much better, his throwing mechanics are much tighter.

What the Flordia tape from last year then watch the Texas A&M or Auburn game this year.  Its literally night and day, he had the fundamentals, but his velocity has gone way upon his release and he's lasering dudes.  What I love is he didn't just blame his terrible line in 2018, but rather focused on improving himself so that when the o line got better it became a perfect storm.

Well that simply will not do around here! Everyone knows the OL is all that matters!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Whenever I see Burrow scrambling around avoiding the rush and making plays outside of the pocket.. I instantly think boy that looks like Andy Dalton out there.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Whenever I see Burrow scrambling around avoiding the rush and making plays outside of the pocket.. I instantly think boy that looks like Andy Dalton out there.

I’m Screaming

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:22 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I've never seen a fanbase whose team has the #1 pick nitpick and spread false narratives about a quarterback the way we have with Burrow.

All because they want Andy Dalton to be the savior so bad..

agreed.  I don't view Andy Dalton as a bad player and in the right system, he could be a huge upgrade.  The bears, for example, would be a perfect landing spot for Dalton.  Potential wise it's not comparable for the future of a team and I think Joe Burrow is a better prospect than Kyler Murray was last year.  So we need a future QB and we have a chance to get a guy with the best single-season in the history of CFB so what's the downside?  We really are fortunate to have the #1 pick this year.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 02:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: The idea that Joe's so much of a better prospect than Dalton is a little out there if we want to be honest.

He's a way better prospect with better physical skills and abilities. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Whenever I see Burrow scrambling around avoiding the rush and making plays outside of the pocket.. I instantly think boy that looks like Andy Dalton out there.

Dead AF.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:22 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I've never seen a fanbase whose team has the #1 pick nitpick and spread false narratives about a quarterback the way we have with Burrow.

I've never seen a fan claim that a 23 year old in his fifth season of college football was a freshman

(01-02-2020, 03:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: LSU was not a QB friendly system last year, it was basically his freshman year,
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's a way better prospect with better physical skills and abilities. 

Physically how? He's built more like Finley then he is a sturdy Dalton. Finley! You are reaching.

And his arm strength is much debated (as was Daltons).

They both could use their legs....

He has better pocket presence and swagger/moxy. That's all really that separates him from Dalton. That's good enough for me. For those who think he's some superior talent and prospect, well you guys may be setting yourself up for disappointment. But yall said the same about Finley/McCarron/Jeff etc. So......

Burrow is the best QB prospect coming out this year. But he was a 3rd day prospect coming into the year who had to transfer to start after getting beat out qb's we'd never consider 1sst overall.

As for those still turning your nose up to 5 straight playoff appearances to start your career.

See me in 5 years. Would you bet the Bengals will make the playoffs 5 straight years starting next year? Exactly. So I know the truth regardless of what is said. We all know where the money would be.

I've been on the Burrow bandwagon since September, but I'm not blinded by the prospect.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I've never seen a fan claim that a 23 year old in his fifth season of college football was a freshman

it was his 4th year and first year as a starter.  The year before he didn't land the OSU job because when he came up for the position his arm strength wasn't there and he was injured for the year because of hand surgery.  The great fedtoast king of Semantics doesn't care about player growth but only where they started.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Physically how? He's built more like Finley then he is a sturdy Dalton. Finley! You are reaching.

He has better pocket presence and swagger/moxy. That's all really that separates him from Dalton. That's good enough for me. For those who think he's some superior talent and prospect, well you guys may be setting yourself up for disappointment. But yall said the same about Finley/McCarron/Jeff etc. So......

Burrow is the best QB prospect coming out this year. But he was a 3rd day prospect coming into the year who had to transfer to start after getting beat out qb's we'd never consider 1sst overall.

As for those still turning your nose up to 5 straight playoff appearances to start your career.

See me in 5 years. Would you bet the Bengals will make the playoffs 5 straight years starting next year? Exactly. So I know the truth regardless of what is said. We all know where the money would be.

I've been on the Burrow bandwagon since September, but I'm not blinded by the prospect.

dude, I could smash you with facts and your delusional hype of Dalton, but those teams went to the playoffs despite Dalton not because of him.  Some of those Bengals teams were the best in the history of the organization and he couldn't win a playoff game.  Hell even AJ McCarron had better results in the postseason and where is that guy now?  Dalton had a top 5 Offensive line for most of those best years and probably the best receiving group in the NFL when he had AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Sanu.  You put any top 10 QB on those rosters and we could have had rings.

Reply/Quote
This isn’t comparing apples to oranges. This is comparing apples to parking meters. It’s unfair to compare a college quarterback to any NFL quarterback. When Joe Burrow gets to the NFL will see how good he truly is.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: He has better pocket presence and swagger/moxy. That's all really that separates him from Dalton. 

Well, that and his height. It may only be 2 inches, but Burrow being taller probably makes for less batted balls at the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Remember this year when he went 21 of 24 for 293 and 3 TDs against Florida. Remember when he went 31 of 39 for 393 and 3 TDs against Alabama?

I like Joe B. and he will probably be the pick,but ask yourself,does he really want to be in the nati?? And the AFCNORTH will kill this guy when he starts to run or gets sacked,He is kinda fraile looking to me,just saying,what kind of person is he,does he get along great with him teammates?? What is his hand size and what month was he born?? No,that is not stupid questions,I will tell you men born in certain signs are better leaders,better players and have that It factor.Look it up.He will have to gain some muscle and strength.I would enjoy seeing them take the QB from Washington,His name is Eason and he  fits our division and go after linebackers,D-line,O-line and some secondary guys that are ball hawks and can hammer people. Joe is going to have to grow on me as the man,right now I truly believe he has been in a system that fits him and he has been playing behind an all-pro line at lsu.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Physically how? He's built more like Finley then he is a sturdy Dalton. Finley! You are reaching.

Dalton got them to five straight playoffs but the other 52 players kept us from being there the last four years. OK gotcha.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 04:18 PM)Okeana Wrote:  those teams went to the playoffs despite Dalton not because of him.

I guess that running game that ranked 25th in yards per attempt from '11 through '15 carried the passing game that ranked 12th in pass efficiency.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 02:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: your just throwing stuff against the wall.  show me anything in their playstyle, throwing motion, body type, release, anything... that compares to dalton in any way.  their completely different types of quarterbacks in every aspect.  Dalton doesn't have the mechanical levers, release, or accuracy.  Dalton is a good player for his particular body type and I'm not knocking Dalton as a player, but the two are not comparable.  

you forgot about Daltons gate swinging line! Burrows has NO CLUE!!!

Reply/Quote

Are the Bengals going to have a top 5 defense and good offensive line Burrow's first 5 years, like Dalton had?

Reply/Quote
It really does amaze me that people don't want Burrow. Also, he is nothing like Dalton.

He is more accurate than Dalton and has better pocket awareness and mobility.
Also, the idea that LSU has an amazing offensive line is flat out wrong. They are average at best. Idk where this idea came from, but it isn't true.
Even when he is pressured, Burrow's numbers are elite.
Reply/Quote
I just hate the excuses "He was highly rated going into 2019, it's the scheme, no arm, it's the receivers, Cincy doesnt have a good roster."

These are not actually scouting the player if you are a doubter bring up one thing you see in Burrows game that makes you say "no hes not worth the #1OA".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote