Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
(10-25-2021, 11:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: Going to go ahead and point out that two of the coordinators of the event have now told journalists  that they met dozens of times with members of Congress to plan the events. Blanket pardons were discussed at one point by one member of Congress, almost as if they knew the events would escalate into criminal territory. It’s almost as if there was a seditious conspiracy or something.

They met dozens of times to plan and still got in there and milled around like confused idiots?  Either that's bs or that mob is ultra dumb. 

I do believe that the participants were under the impression that they were going to be pardoned if what they were doing were to be labeled anything other than patriotic duty, though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-25-2021, 01:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Cowboys for Trump lol.

These ****** LARPers, man...
(10-26-2021, 08:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Cowboys for Trump lol.

These ****** LARPers, man...

There is something amusingly comic book-ey about how the GOP treats its supporters the way a super villain treats expendable henchmen.  

GOP - go overturn the election...and maybe we'll pardon you
HENCHMEN - You got it, boss!  Help!  We're in federal prison now!
GOP - Meh, it's better for recruiting if we leave you in there and talk about how unfair it is.
HENCHMEN - You turned on us!  You lied to us!
GOP - Yeah, so?  What are you gonna do...vote for the political party we convinced you are baby-eating, Satan-worshipping, pedophile communists?  
HENCHMAN - Good point.  Trump 2024!  Let's start a civil war!  This time we will die for you!
(10-26-2021, 11:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There is something amusingly comic book-ey about the GOP treats its supporters the way a super villain treats expendable henchmen.  

GOP - go overturn the election...and maybe we'll pardon you
HENCHMEN - You got it, boss!  Help!  We're in federal prison now!
GOP - Meh, it's better for recruiting if we leave you in there and talk about how unfair it is.
HENCHMEN - You turned on us!  You lied to us!
GOP - Yeah, so?  What are you gonna do...vote for the political party we convinced you are baby-eating, Satan-worshipping, pedophile communists?  
HENCHMAN - Good point.  Trump 2024!  Let's start a civil war!  This time we will die for you!

I just love that they have their own little squads. You got Cowboys for Trump, you got Blacks for Trump (which are somtimes white people somehow haha), you got women for Trump, you got LGBTQs for Trump. They just need to let you know that Trump does, in fact, have the occasional LGBTQ, female or black supporter. It's peak identity politics. Something Republicans claim they hate. But it's the cowboys one that really got me. Because it's like...yea...if you call yourself a cowboy, you're probably a Trump supporter. We get it haha. May as well start a group called "Patriots for Trump!" Oh wait...they already did XD 

They do behave so much like henchmen though. I'm surprised we haven't yet seen a scene where a Trump supporter disappoints him and he executes them in front of everyone else just to show the audience that he means business. You have so many tropes in this fandom, may as well go with the most recognized one for a villain overlord.
(10-26-2021, 11:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They do behave so much like henchmen though. I'm surprised we haven't yet seen a scene where a Trump supporter disappoints him and he executes them in front of everyone else just to show the audience that he means business. You have so many tropes in this fandom, may as well go with the most recognized one for a villain overlord.

Execution seems like a bit much, since the guy is probably going to vote for you.  With that being said, think of how it feels to travel to DC for Jan 6th, decked out head to toe in your Trump attire and swag and then end up getting thrown in prison and then called a democrat in disguise.  You're going to get out and vote for Trump again, don't act like you won't.

That's just great though.  It'd be like a QB having a bad game and the head coach being like "I'm pretty sure he's actually under contract with the other team."  Did you see how badly Ben played in that playoff game against the Browns?  Pretty sure he's been a Cleveland Brown for the past 15 years.  What, you have evidence of him playing for the Steelers?  Yeah, that's faked...nice try.
(10-26-2021, 11:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Execution seems like a bit much, since the guy is probably going to vote for you.  With that being said, think of how it feels to travel to DC for Jan 6th, decked out head to toe in your Trump attire and swag and then end up getting thrown in prison and then called a democrat in disguise.  You're going to get out and vote for Trump again, don't act like you won't.

Eh, I don't think Trump is too overly concerned about the lives of his voters. He pushed anti-mask and anti-vaccine rhetoric for months that in all likelihood killed thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of his voters. I don't think executing one on the spot is that much of a departure from that.

Quote:That's just great though.  It'd be like a QB having a bad game and the head coach being like "I'm pretty sure he's actually under contract with the other team."  Did you see how badly Ben played in that playoff game against the Browns?  Pretty sure he's been a Cleveland Brown for the past 15 years.  What, you have evidence of him playing for the Steelers?  Yeah, that's faked...nice try.

It's Schrodinger's Republican. Both a republican and not a republican until they get in trouble/do something good and the truth it revealed haha.
(10-26-2021, 11:16 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I just love that they have their own little squads. You got Cowboys for Trump, you got Blacks for Trump (which are somtimes white people somehow haha), you got women for Trump, you got LGBTQs for Trump. They just need to let you know that Trump does, in fact, have the occasional LGBTQ, female or black supporter. It's peak identity politics. Something Republicans claim they hate. But it's the cowboys one that really got me. Because it's like...yea...if you call yourself a cowboy, you're probably a Trump supporter. We get it haha. May as well start a group called "Patriots for Trump!" Oh wait...they already did XD 

They do behave so much like henchmen though. I'm surprised we haven't yet seen a scene where a Trump supporter disappoints him and he executes them in front of everyone else just to show the audience that he means business. You have so many tropes in this fandom, may as well go with the most recognized one for a villain overlord.

One of the best scenes in Batman.

Note: This not me calling for Trump to execute people or for people to be shot. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Well old TC is on the case and out there defending, uh, I dunno....someone the government is attacking or something.

I am totally sure this will be well sourced and will not lead to anything similar happening any time soon.
You mask is slipping.
Oops.

Of course this the fault of "the media".

You mask is slipping.
(11-04-2021, 07:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oops.

Of course this the fault of "the media".

Definitely a free speech issue. 

If you are breaking into the Capitol, you should have a right to publicly tweet you won't go to jail for it.

Punishing people just because of a tweet is going way to far. 

There were people who remained outside the building and didn't tweet anything who are getting off scott free.
Whatever

You mask is slipping.
(11-23-2021, 12:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whatever

Back the blue!
The rewriting of history continues...

https://hillreporter.com/mtg-ashli-babbitt-was-trying-to-stop-insurrectionists-from-breaching-capitol?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:MTG: Ashli Babbitt Was Trying to Stop Insurrectionists From Breaching Capitol
By Todd Neikirk / Jan 13, 2023
In a weekend tweet, Marjorie Taylor Greene claimed that insurrectionist Ashli Babbitt was trying to prevent rioters from breaching the Capitol. 
[Image: _d_e8ff01aa-ff93-4f08-994f-300f9ebfe961.jpeg]

Soon after the January 6th attack on the Capitol, Republican lawmakers began their quest to rewrite history. Part of that effort is attempting to paint Ashli Babbitt as a victim rather than a perpetrator. Marjorie Taylor Greene recently took this effort to Twitter. 

The Georgia congresswoman wrote, "Who at DOD decided to provide taxpayer funded protection for the man who killed unarmed Ashli Babbit? Videos on J6 show Ashli hitting another man as she tried to stop people from going in. People shouldn’t have gone in the Capitol but Ashli was wrongly killed & lied about."

Greene followed, "Watch the video yourself of Ashli Babbitt punch and try to stop Zachary Alam. Alam was a J6 rioter, not anyone who worked in the Capitol. Most people don’t know this. Now imagine what else you don’t know and have just been told. This is why we have to release the tapes."
You mask is slipping.
(01-14-2023, 03:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: The rewriting of history continues...

https://hillreporter.com/mtg-ashli-babbitt-was-trying-to-stop-insurrectionists-from-breaching-capitol?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The people who vote for her will believe it, so no harm in saying it for her.
(01-14-2023, 11:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The people who vote for her will believe it, so no harm in saying it for her.

I figure the Q wing of the GOP did some focus groups on whether they should pretend Babitt were a fallen hero or an ANTIFA plant and false flag who is secretly still alive and living in seclusion with a huge government payout. 
(01-14-2023, 11:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I figure the Q wing of the GOP did some focus groups on whether they should pretend Babitt were a fallen hero or an ANTIFA plant and false flag who is secretly still alive and living in seclusion with a huge government payout. 

You say that like it didn't happen lol
(01-15-2023, 02:09 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You say that like it didn't happen lol

I meant about Ashli Babbit specifically.  She got shot so it's like...ok, she's been killed.  Do we spin that she's a martyr or a traitor or an FBI agent?  We have to pick something that is incorrect and extreme.
(01-15-2023, 02:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I meant about Ashli Babbit specifically.  She got shot so it's like...ok, she's been killed.  Do we spin that she's a martyr or a traitor or an FBI agent?  We have to pick something that is incorrect and extreme.

She died protecting George Santos as he was single handedly fighting off a crowd of Antifa Satanists that were posing as Proud Boys to lure the House pages to Comet Ping Pong for some "pizza". I read about it on his campaign website under the "about me" tab.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Ashli Babbit: The only Jan 6th insurrectionist that managed to get the appropriate outcome for treason. Talk about shit for luck.

It's unfortunate that 50 or 60 more of her compatriots weren't met with a similar greeting once entering the building.

I feel like a lot of people messed around that day, yet only Ashli had the privilege of finding out.
Adding this to this thread because it has ties to the Jan 6 events.

More to the point though (since we don't have an official thread on the gop nominations) none of the current crop of runners will go after Trump.  They want his base to vote for them (they never will) and so he can do and say whatever he wants about them with zero pushback.

Even Pence.  Pence has been to afraid to speak out against the same people who wanted to kill him.

Anyway...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/donald-trump-embraces-jan-6-defendant-wants-pence-executed-rcna81958

Quote:Donald Trump embraces Jan. 6 defendant who wants Mike Pence executed

Micki Larson-Olson, who served months in jail for her actions on Jan. 6, told NBC News that politicians who certified the results of the 2020 election deserve to be be killed for treason.

TAP TO UNMUTE

[/url]

Link copied

[*]SAVECreate your free profile or log in to save this article

April 28, 2023, 12:12 PM EDT / Updated April 28, 2023, 12:20 PM EDT
By [url=https://www.nbcnews.com/author/ryan-j-reilly-ncpn1288345]Ryan J. Reilly and Olympia Sonnier

[*]
MANCHESTER, N.H. — Former President Donald Trump embraced a Jan. 6 defendant at a diner during a campaign stop Thursday night, calling the woman, who served prison time for her actions during the Capitol attack and wants former Vice President Mike Pence executed for treason, "terrific."

The appearance came the same day Pence testified before a federal grand jury as part of special counsel Jack Smith's investigation into Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election and keep himself in power.

Micki Larson-Olson, a QAnon supporter who said she considers Trump the "real president," was convicted last year of unlawful entry on Capitol grounds. On Thursday night, she met Trump for the first time at the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester.

On Jan. 6, Larson-Olson climbed the scaffolding set up for Joe Biden's inauguration and held on when police tried to remove her; she later bragged on social media and in an interview that it took six officers to remove her. Larson-Olson told NBC News that she "refused" to leave the platform and has "absolutely no regrets" about her actions that day.

“My only regret is that I wasn’t stronger, that I couldn’t hold on longer,” Larson-Olson told NBC News in an hourlong interview Friday. She said she told officers they were going to have to shoot her to get her off the platform. “You can shoot me dead, for all I care, I’m not walking down these damn stairs," Larson-Olson said she told officers.

Larson-Olson said she believes that the members of Congress who voted to certify Biden's presidential election should be executed.
[Image: 230428-Micki-Larson-Olson-Donald-Trump-m...3b434f.jpg]Former President Donald Trump greets Micki Larson-Olson while visiting the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, N.H., on Thursday.Jabin Botsford / The Washington Post via Getty Images

“The punishment for treason is death, per the Constitution,” Larson-Olson said. “I believe every single person, every single person that stole a voice from our collective voice of 'We the people, of the people, for the people, by the people,' deserves death, and no less than that.”

Larson-Olson added that she “would like a front seat of Mike Pence being executed" and that he should be the "No. 1" person on her list of those who committed treason.

A spokesman for the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Neither did a Pence spokesman.

The meeting comes as Trump has said he may pardon those charged in the Capitol attack and just a month after he opened a campaign rally with a song performed by the "J6 choir" made up of Jan. 6 defendants who are incarcerated awaiting trial.

Larson-Olson said she drove nearly 2,000 miles from Abilene, Texas, to see Trump in New Hampshire on Thursday night.
You mask is slipping.