Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
So I'm reading through this again and with all the videos and selfies and all the coverage why haven't I seen a photo of this one bus that pulled up filled with Antifa?  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-14-2021, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I'm reading through this again and with all the videos and selfies and all the coverage why haven't I seen a photo of this one bus that pulled up filled with Antifa?  

Probably because there weren't any ANTIFA or BLM shadow agents (according to the FBI) and people are making shit up to make it seem like those seditious traitors aren't seditious traitors.
(01-14-2021, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I'm reading through this again and with all the videos and selfies and all the coverage why haven't I seen a photo of this one bus that pulled up filled with Antifa?  

Even Kevin McCarthy has now stated there is no evidence that Anifa was involved, yet the narrative still exists.

The conspiratorial nature of such things can be summed up by this quote: "A falsehood can travel halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to put it's pants on."
(01-14-2021, 09:11 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Probably because there weren't any ANTIFA or BLM shadow agents (according to the FBI) and people are making shit up to make it seem like those seditious traitors aren't seditious traitors.

Oh!  See I thought that but a week later, after all the coverage and the investigations and a press conference people are STILL STAYING IT!

Much like the rest of the Trump admin  there isn't a shred of proof.
(01-14-2021, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Spraying with water to anger the crowd and then waving them into the building isn't provoking?

What do you call that?

How were BLM/Antifa protestors treated in the same way?  Were police or store owners waving them into the stores to loot and steal?

I've spent a half hour searching news sites and I can't find a news story that said the capitol attackers were sprayed with water. Pepper spray and one shot, but nothing about water hoses, rubber bullets, tear gas or any of the devices Trump deployed against people protesting during the last few years, some of which were on private property.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm not calling bullpucky on what Mer is posting, but in post#175 of this thread he stated he seen A BUS drop off people dressed in black. In post #284 of this thread he had seen 4 BUSES of people dressed in black dropped off. In post # 290 he stated they looked more like RV's than buses.

An attorney in court would have a field day with an eye witness account like that.
Interesting to note, I have talked with multiple law enforcement agencies across the country this week who are now part of large scale protection efforts because of continued chatter of more violence. Reports say that many of Trumps following have essentially discredited Trumps calls for “peace” because he hasn’t actually conceded and instead believe he is being forced to do so but really wants them to fight.
(01-14-2021, 10:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting to note, I have talked with multiple law enforcement agencies across the country this week who are now part of large scale protection efforts because of continued chatter of more violence. Reports say that many of Trumps following have essentially discredited Trumps calls for “peace” because he hasn’t actually conceded and instead believe he is being forced to do so but really wants them to fight.

Coming home today I was listening to 700WLW and someone was saying Trump is being advised to release these statements because he could be held criminally responsible in a court of law and could have to deal with civil lawsuits as well. Someone should've mentioned this to Trump long before January 6th, but when Trump is speaking to his peeps live, he won't be muzzled. BTW someone chimed in later with 'We know what's in his (President Trump's) heart. So there you go. Bill Cunningham was trying to lighten the mood and chimed in with "I think the Covid is still effecting trump's mind." Yea Bill, I bet that's what it is, the Covid.
(01-14-2021, 11:23 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Coming home today I was listening to 700WLW and someone was saying Trump is being advised to release these statements because he could be held criminally responsible in a court of law and could have to deal with civil lawsuits as well. Someone should've mentioned this to Trump long before January 6th, but when Trump is speaking to his peeps live, he won't be muzzled. BTW someone chimed in later with 'We know what's in his (President Trump's) heart. So there you go. Bill Cunningham was trying to lighten the mood and chimed in with "I think the Covid is still effecting trump's mind." Yea Bill, I bet that's what it is, the Covid.

I know Ohio Highway Patrol is pulling troopers from all over the state for protection because we had to cancel a project we were working on for next week. I talked to a sheriff department in Idaho who were in meetings all day yesterday preparing to provide support for their state house. It’s pretty nuts the more I talk to LEOs across the country.

Because mer is lying
I know there's many conservative posters who refuse to post in these threads about the terrorist attack. Some because they don't want to reveal that they support the violence. Others may not have the courage to confront the culmination of the rhetoric they've excused or praised for 4 years.

Hopefully anyone who is defending these terrorists or refusing to comment on it reads the first hand accounts of those who were being attacked.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/kill-him-with-his-own-gun-police-describe-facing-the-mob-at-the-capitol/35220563?fbclid=IwAR12061SE12NYA_xC2f-7rJV31Mz16nncbxb3NjqVvOdh8i1Ko3Bhs_5BMo#

As D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone laid on the ground at the U.S. Capitol building, stunned and injured, he knew a group of rioters were stripping him of his gear.

They grabbed spare ammunition, ripped the police radio off his chest and even stole his badge.

Then, Fanone, who had just been Tasered several times in the back of the neck, heard something chilling that made him go into survival mode.

"Some guys started getting a hold of my gun and they were screaming out, 'Kill him with his own gun,'" said Fanone, who's been a police officer for almost two decades.

And in those few moments, Fanone considered using deadly force. He thought about using his gun but knew that he didn't have enough fire power and he'd soon be overpowered again, except this time they would probably use his gun against him and they'd have all the reason to end his life.

"So, the other option I thought of was to try to appeal to somebody's humanity. And I just remember yelling out that I have kids. And it seemed to work," said the 40-year-old father of four.

A group within the rioters circled Fanone and protected him until help arrived, saving his life.

"Thank you, but f*** you for being there," Fanone said of the rioters who protected him in that moment.

"We were getting chemical irritants sprayed. They had pipes and different metal objects, batons, some of which I think they had taken from law enforcement personnel. They had been striking us with those,"

"It was difficult to offer any resistance when you're only about 30 guys going up against 15,000."

Officer Daniel Hodges was another officer who tried to battle back rioters but was roughed up in the battle. Hodges gained notoriety after footage of him circulated being crushed by a door. The 32-year-old officer is seen in the clip with blood dripping through his teeth as he kept gasping for enough air so he could yell "Help" at the top of his lungs.

"There's a guy ripping my mask off, he was able to rip away the baton and beat me with it," said Hodges, who was stuck in the door and added that his arm was bent before they ripped the weapon away.

"He was practically foaming at the mouth so just, these people were true believers in the worst way."

"They say things like, 'Yeah, we've been supporting you through all this Black Lives Matter stuff, you should have our back' and they felt entitled."

He added, "They felt like they would just walk up there and tell us that they're here to take back Congress and we would agree with them and we'd walk in hand in hand and just take over the nation. But obviously that's not the case and it will never be the case."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I'm taking Mer's advice. All stocked up on Charmin.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(01-15-2021, 02:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know there's many conservative posters who refuse to post in these threads about the terrorist attack. Some because they don't want to reveal that they support the violence. Others may not have the courage to confront the culmination of the rhetoric they've excused or praised for 4 years.

Hopefully anyone who is defending these terrorists or refusing to comment on it reads the first hand accounts of those who were being attacked.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/kill-him-with-his-own-gun-police-describe-facing-the-mob-at-the-capitol/35220563?fbclid=IwAR12061SE12NYA_xC2f-7rJV31Mz16nncbxb3NjqVvOdh8i1Ko3Bhs_5BMo#

As D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone laid on the ground at the U.S. Capitol building, stunned and injured, he knew a group of rioters were stripping him of his gear.

They grabbed spare ammunition, ripped the police radio off his chest and even stole his badge.

Then, Fanone, who had just been Tasered several times in the back of the neck, heard something chilling that made him go into survival mode.

"Some guys started getting a hold of my gun and they were screaming out, 'Kill him with his own gun,'" said Fanone, who's been a police officer for almost two decades.

And in those few moments, Fanone considered using deadly force. He thought about using his gun but knew that he didn't have enough fire power and he'd soon be overpowered again, except this time they would probably use his gun against him and they'd have all the reason to end his life.

"So, the other option I thought of was to try to appeal to somebody's humanity. And I just remember yelling out that I have kids. And it seemed to work," said the 40-year-old father of four.

A group within the rioters circled Fanone and protected him until help arrived, saving his life.

"Thank you, but f*** you for being there," Fanone said of the rioters who protected him in that moment.

"We were getting chemical irritants sprayed. They had pipes and different metal objects, batons, some of which I think they had taken from law enforcement personnel. They had been striking us with those,"

"It was difficult to offer any resistance when you're only about 30 guys going up against 15,000."

Officer Daniel Hodges was another officer who tried to battle back rioters but was roughed up in the battle. Hodges gained notoriety after footage of him circulated being crushed by a door. The 32-year-old officer is seen in the clip with blood dripping through his teeth as he kept gasping for enough air so he could yell "Help" at the top of his lungs.

"There's a guy ripping my mask off, he was able to rip away the baton and beat me with it," said Hodges, who was stuck in the door and added that his arm was bent before they ripped the weapon away.

"He was practically foaming at the mouth so just, these people were true believers in the worst way."

"They say things like, 'Yeah, we've been supporting you through all this Black Lives Matter stuff, you should have our back' and they felt entitled."

He added, "They felt like they would just walk up there and tell us that they're here to take back Congress and we would agree with them and we'd walk in hand in hand and just take over the nation. But obviously that's not the case and it will never be the case."

Jebus.

But, to be fair, someone from the "front lines" told someone else it was Antifa so really "both sides"...amiright?  Ninja

Still, let's be glad that the more moderate terrorists stopped the radical terrorists...I guess?

And that the police had the good thoughts to not shoot when after felt threatened, or were under direct attack, because they didn't want shot themselves before they could get themselves free.  Someone understood that the shooting would escalate the situation (as crazy as that sounds) and that's where we are thanks to Donald John Trump.

Also I agree with you that the cowardice shown by people refusing to even comment on these things is amazing if not expected.
(01-15-2021, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Also I agree with you that the cowardice shown by people refusing to even comment on these things is amazing if not expected.

It's better to not comment that to say some of the things we have seen posters here put defending sedition. 
(01-15-2021, 10:20 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's better to not comment that to say some of the things we have seen posters here put defending sedition. 

Aye.  But there are those who don't want to defend that OR condemn it.  Maybe because they wanted it? I'm just asking. I don't know.
(01-15-2021, 10:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Jebus.

But, to be fair, someone from the "front lines" told someone else it was Antifa so really "both sides"...amiright?  Ninja

Still, let's be glad that the more moderate terrorists stopped the radical terrorists...I guess?

And that the police had the good thoughts to not shoot when after felt threatened, or were under direct attack, because they didn't want shot themselves before they could get themselves free.  Someone understood that the shooting would escalate the situation (as crazy as that sounds) and that's where we are thanks to Donald John Trump.

Also I agree with you that the cowardice shown by people refusing to even comment on these things is amazing if not expected.

WTS, that poster saw RV's or buses full of Antifa storm the front of the Capitol

Sounds like a reliable synapse of the events of that day.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/attorney-qanon-shaman-trump-pardon-459608

Quote:‘He has an obligation to them’: Attorney for ‘QAnon shaman’ asks Trump to pardon rioters

The lawyer for the “QAnon shaman” who was part of the deadly siege of the Capitol last week publicly petitioned President Donald Trump on Thursday to pardon his client.

Chansley, a 33-year-old man from Phoenix also known as Jake Angeli, was one of the most recognizable perpetrators of the Capitol siege. He carried a spear, wore a furry horned headdress and painted his face in shades of red, white and blue.

On Tuesday, Chansley became one of the first three people indicted by federal prosecutors in connection with the violence at the Capitol. He was charged with a felony violation of the Federal Anti-Riot Act, as well as obstruction of Congress and other offenses.

In a filing on Thursday, prosecutors said Chansley was as “an active participant in” and “the most prominent symbol of” what they described as a “violent insurrection.” Prosecutors also said Chansley had expressed his intention of returning to Washington, D.C., for President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next week.

The language in the filing suggests more severe charges, such as sedition or insurrection, could be coming for those involved in the siege.

Watkins, Chansley’s attorney, said on Thursday that his client, “like a lot of other disenfranchised people in our country, felt very, very, very solidly in sync” with the president — suggesting Chansley was incited to storm the Capitol in Trump’s name.
“He felt like his voice was, for the first time, being heard,” Watkins said. “And what ended up happening, over the course of the lead-up to the election, over the course of the period from the election to Jan. 6 — it was a driving force by a man he hung his hat on, he hitched his wagon to. He loved Trump. Every word, he listens to him.”

Prior to the Capitol siege, the president, his family members and his political allies riled up his supporters at a rally on the White House Ellipse. When it was his turn to speak, Trump urged those in attendance to march on the Capitol amid Congress’ certification of Biden’s Electoral College victory.

“If you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore,” Trump said. He also said that “you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”
On Thursday, Trump became the only president in American history to be impeached twice — this time, in a bipartisan vote on a single count of “incitement of insurrection.”

“We all have to understand that the words that were spoken by the president meant something, not just to my client. They meant something to a lot of people,” Watkins said in his interview.

“They listened to those words. And those words meant something to them. And they had a right to rely on the words of their president that was strewed forth worldwide,” he said. “And they did. And now they’re turning around [and] they’re getting arrested, as well many should be.”

Nevertheless, Trump “needs to stand up and own these people,” Watkins argued. “He has an obligation to them. He has an obligation to our nation. It’s not going to happen.”

Pressed by host Chris Cuomo on what exactly he would like Trump to do, Watkins replied: “Oh, give a pardon.”
As Chansley’s attorney, “my role is not to judge somebody. My role is to be an advocate,” Watkins said. “If there’s one iota of a chance that the guy who’s the president of our country — who invited everybody down Pennsylvania [Avenue] — will give my client a pardon, you know what? I’m going to do it.”

Watkins acknowledged, however, that his plea was unlikely to succeed. “Am I holding my breath thinking that Donald Trump is going to be sitting around going, ‘You know what? … What’s the name of that guy with the horns? Yeah … let’s give him a pardon.’”

But “with Trump, you never know,” Watkins said. “He may say, ‘I want the guy with the horns.’ Next thing you know, maybe he’s represented by the shaman instead of Rudy Giuliani.”

Watkins went on to compare the president’s supporters who stormed the Capitol to the Jonestown cult members who committed mass suicide at their settlement in Guyana in 1978: “You know the only thing different here? There’s no Kool-Aid.”

Interesting that they aren't claiming they stormed that building because the police provoked them...
(01-15-2021, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/attorney-qanon-shaman-trump-pardon-459608

Interesting that they aren't claiming they stormed that building because the police provoked them...

One Republican used his time to sit quietly after asking if any of the terrorists were brought to Congress to testify that Trump incited them. He then made a show about not getting a response.

It was a clown comment for a few reasons. Why would you bring the criminals to the building they just attacked, but also no one could respond to him because no one else is permitted to speak. 

Maybe they should have brought them in?

(01-15-2021, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/attorney-qanon-shaman-trump-pardon-459608

And this kind of takes away from Trump's defense (or the defense of Trump) and the conspiracy that this was all non-Trump supporters doing the damage.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-capitol-arrests/u-s-says-capitol-rioters-meant-to-capture-and-assassinate-officials-filing-idUSKBN29K0K7?il=0

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.