Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Strength of schedule
With all the gnashing of teeth here about how easy the Steelers schedule is (and I haven't even looked at JN yet) thought I'd throw this in to calm everyone down a bit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25485818/nfl-strength-of-schedule-49ers-falcons-at-no-1-packers-at-no-32

T-1. San Francisco 49ers: 142-114, .555

T-1. Atlanta Falcons: 142-114, .555
3. Los Angeles Rams: 141-115, .551
4. New Orleans Saints: 140-116, .547
T-5. Seattle Seahawks: 139-117, .543
T-5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 139-117, .543
T-7. Arizona Cardinals: 136-120, .531
T-7. New York Jets: 136-120, .531
9. New England Patriots: 134-122, .523
10. Buffalo Bills: 133-123, .520
11. Miami Dolphins: 132-124, .516
12. Carolina Panthers: 131-125, .512
13. San Diego Chargers: 130-126, .508
14. Denver Broncos: 129-127, .504
15. Oakland Raiders: 128-128, .500
16. Kansas City Chiefs: 127-129, .496
17. Washington Redskins: 126-130, .492
18. Minnesota Vikings: 125-131, .488
T-19. Houston Texans: 124-132, .484
T-19. Baltimore Ravens: 124-132, .484

21. Cleveland Browns: 123-133, .480
22. Indianapolis Colts: 122-134, .477
T-23. Pittsburgh Steelers: 121-135, .473
T-23. Tennessee Titans: 121-135, .473
T-23. Jacksonville Jaguars: 121-135, .473
26. Philadelphia Eagles: 120-136, .469
T-27. Cincinnati Bengals: 119-137, .465
T-27. Detroit Lions: 119-137, .465
T-27. Dallas Cowboys: 119-137, .465
T-30. Chicago Bears: 118-138, .461
T-30. New York Giants: 118-138, .461
32. Green Bay Packers: 117-139, .457

The scheduling formula is at the link.

You may now continue complaining....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
This won't matter here. You should already know this. It will be interesting to see the reasons they come up with to excuse it away.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 08:35 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This won't matter here. You should already know this. It will be interesting to see the reasons they come up with to excuse it away.

Pretty much why I shared it.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Pre-season SOS numbers have less meaning than a steeler fan's life.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 08:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Pretty much why I shared it.  Smirk
we have our first bite
(04-15-2016, 05:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: Pre-season SOS numbers have less meaning than a steeler fan's life.
There's always next year
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 05:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: Pre-season SOS numbers have less meaning than a steeler fan's life.

Tell that to your Bengal brethren who have already made a thread about it and mentioned in other threads.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 05:11 PM)Griever Wrote: There's always next year

Bengals fans say it about a football team....steeler fans say it about their life.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 01:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: Bengals fans say it about a football team....steeler fans say it about their life.

Bengals fans also say that about their parole board hearings.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 02:07 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Bengals fans also say that about their parole board hearings.

Hilarious coming from someone whose quarterback is a well-known rapist  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 08:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious coming from someone whose quarterback is a well-known rapist  ThumbsUp

i was wondering when you were gonna come in with your broken record ass
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 08:55 AM)Griever Wrote: i was wondering when you were gonna come in with your broken record ass

'Ben's a rapist' is his 'go to' response.  It's kind of his version of 'six rings'.  Except in his case there's ample evidence that he actually does it.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 09:18 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It's kind of his version of 'six rings'. 

Oh look, a steeler fan bringing up the topic of six rings again.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2016, 08:55 AM)Griever Wrote: i was wondering when you were gonna come in with your broken record ass

(04-18-2016, 09:18 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: 'Ben's a rapist' is his 'go to' response.  It's kind of his version of 'six rings'.  Except in his case there's ample evidence that he actually does it.  

You don't see the irony and hypocrisy in any Steelers fan criticizing another team for anything legal when the face of their franchise is a well-known rapist?

But I suppose his bodyguards were just leading her into the bathroom to make sure that she didn't get attacked on the way, and I'm sure she was the one who wanted to get as drunk as she did and Ben buying drinks had nothing to do with it.

That's only one of the times.

Steelers fans ignore rape.  

Quality franchise and fanbase  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 12:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't see the irony and hypocrisy in any Steelers fan criticizing another team for anything legal when the face of their franchise is a well-known rapist?

But I suppose his bodyguards were just leading her into the bathroom to make sure that she didn't get attacked on the way, and I'm sure she was the one who wanted to get as drunk as she did and Ben buying drinks had nothing to do with it.

What about the well-known pedophile that is the face of the Bengals?

Oh, wait...you didn't know?

Well look it up!

You will find he has the EXACT SAME number of convictions as Ben does for all those rapes!

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Strength of a Team's Fans:
1) Cincinnati
32) Pitstink
T 33) Various Arena League Teams
34) Baltimore
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 12:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't see the irony and hypocrisy in any Steelers fan criticizing another team for anything legal when the face of their franchise is a well-known rapist?

Well, you missed the point again.  The point was that you bring it up even when it's not terribly relevant, just like you think Steeler fans do with six rings.  

But if that's where you want to take this, fine.  Let's go there.  Yes, what Ben did is sketchy, but it's the whole system of professional sports being messed up that allows it, not just the Steelers.  You think the Steelers are the only team that realizes the NFL is a multibillion dollar business?  You seriously think that the Bengals would ever let go of a Super Bowl winning QB on the strength of an accusation that never even led to criminal charges?  If you believe that, you are more naive than I even thought, and I think you're super naive when it comes to the Bengals.  

If you truly believe that he did it, it's not just the Steelers you should be shunning: you should reject the league and the whole system of professional sports that makes millionaires out of immature twentysomethings and causes owners to protect their investment as much as they can, because that dynamic is not unique to the Steelers.  It effects the whole system, of which the Bengals are very much a part.  The league could have easily overruled the Steelers and banned Ben, but they didn't.  And that means one of two things: either they sincerely believe there wasn't enough evidence, or they are as guilty as you think the Steelers are. You think that Steeler fans are terrible for continuing to support a team that you think harbors a rapist, and yet you continue to support a league that allows them to do so.  That's called hypocrisy, my friend.  

The fact is that you can't have it both ways: you can't criticize us for bring Steeler fans who ignore rape if you are an NFL fan who ignores rape.  And you can't expect us to give up on the Steelers if you don't give up on the NFL.  If you want to maintain any integrity on this issue, you have two choices: give up on the NFL, or change your tune and recognize the hypocrisy of your high horse.  

Of course, I have a feeling you'll do neither.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 07:09 AM)treee Wrote: Strength of a Team's Fans:
1) Cincinnati
32) Pitstink
T 33) Various Arena League Teams
34) Baltimore

By "strength" you mean "of odor", right?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 06:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: What about the well-known pedophile that is the face of the Bengals?

Oh, wait...you didn't know?

Well look it up!

You will find he has the EXACT SAME number of convictions as Ben does for all those rapes!

ThumbsUp
If I don't know, how could I look it up?  You Steelers fans get dumber and dumber by the day.

If you mean Rey Maualuga, once again you're horrible at debates because (1) pedophilia is when a man is with a prepubescence, the girls with Rey were 17 and 18, (2) he didn't have sex with either of them, and (3) how's he the face of our franchise?!  

Like I said, dumber and dumber by the day.
(04-19-2016, 08:14 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, you missed the point again.  The point was that you bring it up even when it's not terribly relevant, just like you think Steeler fans do with six rings.  

But if that's where you want to take this, fine.  Let's go there.  Yes, what Ben did is sketchy, but it's the whole system of professional sports being messed up that allows it, not just the Steelers.  You think the Steelers are the only team that realizes the NFL is a multibillion dollar business?  You seriously think that the Bengals would ever let go of a Super Bowl winning QB on the strength of an accusation that never even led to criminal charges?  If you believe that, you are more naive than I even thought, and I think you're super naive when it comes to the Bengals.  

If you truly believe that he did it, it's not just the Steelers you should be shunning: you should reject the league and the whole system of professional sports that makes millionaires out of immature twentysomethings and causes owners to protect their investment as much as they can, because that dynamic is not unique to the Steelers.  It effects the whole system, of which the Bengals are very much a part.  The league could have easily overruled the Steelers and banned Ben, but they didn't.  You think that Steeler fans are terrible for continuing to support a team that harbors a rapist, and yet you continue to support a league that allows them to do so.  That's called hypocrisy, my friend.  

The fact is that you can't have it both ways: you can't criticize us for bring Steeler fans who ignore rape if you are an NFL fan who ignores rape.  And you can't expect us to give up on the Steelers if you don't give up on the NFL.  If you want to maintain any integrity on this issue, you have two choices: give up on the NFL, or change your tune and recognize the hypocrisy of your high horse.  

Of course, I have a feeling you'll do neither.

Except it is relevant because calling us all criminals is attacking the integrity of our franchise, which having a rapist as the face of yours shows the incredible lack of integrity by yours.

It never led to a criminal charge because the cops were too busy getting selfies with Ben instead of investigating, and Ben paid out a settlement, which why would the girl press charges when she knows nothing would likely happen anyways and only damage her chances at what could possibly help her in any way, which was money.

How many teams of the NFL have rapists as the face of their franchise?  I'll shun any team that does.  The quarterback is supposed to be a classy guy and above all of the childish things that all of the other positions do.  Even before all the rapes, most people, if not everyone, knew who Ben was, even if they couldn't name another player on the roster.

So it's not hypocrisy at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 10:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If I don't know, how could I look it up?  You Steelers fans get dumber and dumber by the day.

If you mean Rey Maualuga, once again you're horrible at debates because (1) pedophilia is when a man is with a prepubescence, the girls with Rey were 17 and 18, (2) he didn't have sex with either of them, and (3) how's he the face of our franchise?!  

Mellow

[Image: JFJl5.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 10:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If I don't know, how could I look it up?  You Steelers fans get dumber and dumber by the day.

Except it is relevant because calling us all criminals is attacking the integrity of our franchise, which having a rapist as the face of yours shows the incredible lack of integrity by yours.

It never led to a criminal charge because the cops were too busy getting selfies with Ben instead of investigating, and Ben paid out a settlement, which why would the girl press charges when she knows nothing would likely happen anyways and only damage her chances at what could possibly help her in any way, which was money.

How many teams of the NFL have rapists as the face of their franchise?  I'll shun any team that does.  The quarterback is supposed to be a classy guy and above all of the childish things that all of the other positions do.  Even before all the rapes, most people, if not everyone, knew who Ben was, even if they couldn't name another player on the roster.

So it's not hypocrisy at all.

is there any proof that rey didnt rape them? I'll make the accusation that he did, so lets just hope no one else does, or he will have just as many as Ben, with the same amount of evidence
People suck
Reply/Quote