Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strong Cities Network
I haven't had time to read through the whole thing, yet (currently working it into the day).
However, there seems to be some concerns over the possible UN involvement and what it means to US Sovereignty ?
Since the game is over, I'd thought I'd drop the links and let things roll.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/launch-strong-cities-network-strengthen-community-resilience-against-violent-extremism

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/9/29/countering-violent-extremism1.html

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/02/obama-administration-and-un-announce-global-police-force-to-fight-extremism-in-u-s/
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/04/new-york-daily-news-state-dept-must-designate-nra-terrorist-organization/

I've really never read articles from Breitbart, until these past 2.
I've seen you guys reference them, every once in a while.
I'm assuming they are not considered a legitimate news outlet ?
From what I am seeing, this initiative is more about sharing information and developing tools for the communities to use on their own to combat violent extremism. No threat to sovereignty from anything I can see, though I'd be glad to look at further information if someone were to provide it.

As to Breitbart, no, they are not a legitimate news source. They collect news stories from other places and often make outrageous and baseless claims about the subject matter.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-05-2015, 03:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: From what I am seeing, this initiative is more about sharing information and developing tools for the communities to use on their own to combat violent extremism. No threat to sovereignty from anything I can see, though I'd be glad to look at further information if someone were to provide it.

As to Breitbart, no, they are not a legitimate news source. They collect news stories from other places and often make outrageous and baseless claims about the subject matter.

They are the right's Salon or Slate
(10-05-2015, 03:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They are the right's Salon or Slate

I'd probably go with Think Progress or Mother Jones, though honestly I've never spent time on any of these sites other than the occasional article someone shows me, so I don't have much room for comparison other than to say they are all trash.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-05-2015, 03:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: From what I am seeing, this initiative is more about sharing information and developing tools for the communities to use on their own to combat violent extremism. No threat to sovereignty from anything I can see, though I'd be glad to look at further information if someone were to provide it.

That's what I'm getting.
I'm wondering where they pulled the possible UN troop usage from ?
(10-05-2015, 03:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'd probably go with Think Progress or Mother Jones, though honestly I've never spent time on any of these sites other than the occasional article someone shows me, so I don't have much room for comparison other than to say they are all trash.

Fair enough. 
(10-05-2015, 03:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm wondering where they pulled the possible UN troop usage from ?

You should just stop that. Wondering where these types of sites get anything from will only provide someone with a logical mindset that is able to think independently and critically a headache that will never end.

(10-05-2015, 03:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'd probably go with Think Progress or Mother Jones, though honestly I've never spent time on any of these sites other than the occasional article someone shows me, so I don't have much room for comparison other than to say they are all trash.

Not even close. Those groups just flat out lie ad make up stuff.

breitbart covers things that others do not. It's a legitimate news source to follow up on a story.

It's more like the rights huffpo. Legitimate news, some of the opinion stuff slants right vs left for huffpo.
The UN being more involved in this country is a bad thing. Why we think it's cool to work with the UN is beyond me .
(10-05-2015, 06:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not even close.   Those groups just flat out lie ad make up stuff.  

breitbart covers things that others do not.   It's a legitimate news source to follow up on a story.  

It's more like the rights huffpo.  Legitimate news, some of the opinion stuff slants right vs left for huffpo.

I have never seen anything as radical and outrageous on HuffPo that would compare to breitbart. That being said, again, I don't spend much time with any of it. I like local sources for local and international for world news.

(10-05-2015, 06:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not even close.   Those groups just flat out lie ad make up stuff.  

breitbart covers things that others do not.   It's a legitimate news source to follow up on a story.  

It's more like the rights huffpo.  Legitimate news, some of the opinion stuff slants right vs left for huffpo.

Can you cite an example of something they flat out made up?

Can you explain why "legitimate" Breitbart is talking about U.N. troops being used without any sources or evidence for that claim?
(10-05-2015, 07:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Can you cite an example of something they flat out made up?

Can you explain why "legitimate" Breitbart is talking about U.N. troops being used without any sources or evidence for that claim?

Where in the article, did they say U.N. troops?

I read all three, and no mention of UN troops in any of them.  Are you making things up?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-05-2015, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where in the article, did they say U.N. troops?

I read all three, and no mention of UN troops in any of them.  Are you making things up?

I am guessing they are looking at the "global police force" referenced as being UN troops.

(10-05-2015, 07:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am guessing they are looking at the "global police force" referenced as being UN troops.

I suspected as much myself.  However, I'm really not in favor of the SCN.  We have enough costly, bureaucratic intelligence entities already under budget.  Don't we already coordinate with all of the other forces of "good" in the world?

And, just he term "Strong Cities Network" kind of bothers me.  Takes me back to 5th grade History, and the fate of the Greco/Roman city states.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(10-05-2015, 07:18 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Can you cite an example of something they flat out made up?

Sure mother jones made up the story of bill O'Reilly and his war reporting . That was refuted by several sources. That's a pretty public case of them printing without proof.

I will delve into the UN troops a little later when I can type it all. But there is signs where we have taken steps to give up sovereignty to the UN. You should be able to google search that easy enough in the meantime .
We should be out of the UN altogether. We allowed too many countries to join. It shouldn't be that way.

It's now just an attempt at a world government. They have the blueprint of the EU and have already tried to take steps with climate change to allow the UN to enforce wealth redistribution.
(10-05-2015, 07:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sure mother jones made up the story of bill O'Reilly and his war reporting .  That was refuted by several sources.   That's a pretty public case of them printing without proof.  

I will delve into the UN troops a little later when I can type it all.   But there is signs where we have taken steps to give up sovereignty to the UN.   You should be able to google search that easy enough in the meantime .

The only source that reputed it was BOR himself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-05-2015, 10:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: The only source that reputed it was BOR himself.

And CBS who confirmed everything he stated.
Anyone comparing Breitbart  as the rights version of Mother Jones is only kidding themselves. Mother Jones is nothing more than the Onion except that the only thing funny is that lefties believe that shit.

Feel free to expose all the lies and enlighten me.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/05/white-house-obama-preparing-executive-actions-gun-control/

http://www.breitbart.com/