Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-26-2015, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No it doesn't threaten the existence of our species; neither do many other Brain Disorders suffered by countless people. Luckily there are more than enough functional folks to keep the species moving.

Do you think that everyone that is gay wants to be gay? if you answer yes then stop here. If you answer no, then do you think it would be worthwhile to look for treatment if it were found to be a process in the brain, instead of a "gene" we are born with?

It is almost too ironic; I'm actually advocating that homosexuality may not be a choice and it's meeting with great resistance by the ones that assert it is not.

Maybe they are just that straight?

http://www.pidjin.net/2014/02/06/ninety-percent-gay
[Image: bey.gif]
(05-26-2015, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you think that everyone that is gay wants to be gay? if you answer yes then stop here. If you answer no, then do you think it would be worthwhile to look for treatment if it were found to be a process in the brain, instead of a "gene" we are born with?

Out of curiosity. In your mind, why would (or do) people who are gay rather be straight?
Big deal, both sides manipulate the data to try to get the desired outcome.

Is there a real point to the OP?

TBH I have no idea why they can't get the genetic code of homosexuals and compare them to find the similarities then compare them vs heterosexuals to see if there is truly a difference. They probably already have done this and no one wants to come forward with the information because it's such a politically charged topic.

It's a double-edged sword for homosexuals, if they can prove it, then they become a protected class, but then a test will be developed that will be able to test fetuses, and since abortion is legal then the parent can abort if they don't want to have a child that will be a homosexual. On the other side, if it's disproven, then they are not a protected class and it falls down to being a behavior problem. Then do we want to legitimize sexual deviant behavior as normal?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-26-2015, 07:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's a double-edged sword for homosexuals, if they can prove it, then they become a protected class, but then a test will be developed that will be able to test fetuses, and since abortion is legal then the parent can abort if they don't want to have a child that will be a homosexual. On the other side, if it's disproven, then they are not a protected class and it falls down to being a behavior problem. Then do we want to legitimize sexual deviant behavior as normal?

Whether it is genetic or not doesn't matter to the protection of sexual orientation. It could still very well be a biological feature of the person. But even if it is not and is entirely a choice that doesn't mean they don't deserve protection.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-26-2015, 06:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Out of curiosity. In your mind, why would (or do) people who are gay rather be straight?

Out of curiosity. Do you mind answering the question first?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-26-2015, 07:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's a double-edged sword for homosexuals,but then a test will be developed that will be able to test fetuses, and since abortion is legal then the parent can abort if they don't want to have a child that will be a homosexual.

Damn, I'd be curious to see the liberal POV on that.

(05-26-2015, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No where did I say reproduction is "most important all driving factor in our every waking moment....". That's just something you made up in your head to try and explain your's and your bestie's feeble point.

Nobody is discussing the morality of the issue at this time, so I have no idea why you attempted to introduce it (unless see above for motivation)

Let's try a yes or no question: Is reproduction a necessary function for the existence of our species?

Now, let's just assume you provided an honest answer and stated yes.

Now if something in your brain caused you not to be able to perfrom that function would you consider that a Dysfunction?

To answer your question about the straight person. I would consider it a physical dysfunction if they could not reproduce. Hell, they might even have medical terms for the conditions.

So as soon as we develop the ability to clone individuals you will be okay with homosexuals getting married?

That is the only thing holding you back?
(05-26-2015, 07:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's a double-edged sword for homosexuals, if they can prove it, then they become a protected class, but then a test will be developed that will be able to test fetuses, and since abortion is legal then the parent can abort if they don't want to have a child that will be a homosexual. On the other side, if it's disproven, then they are not a protected class and it falls down to being a behavior problem. Then do we want to legitimize sexual deviant behavior as normal?

Genetic foundation has zero to do with being a protected class.

Was your religion determined by genetics?
(05-26-2015, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So as soon as we develop the ability to clone individuals you will be okay with homosexuals getting married?

That is the only thing holding you back?

Once again we are not talking the morality here (That was Dino that said that).

But to answer your question. No, because of my beliefs. (So now you can introduce that tired argument).

Cloning humans is a whole other topic. One at a time please.

(05-26-2015, 07:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Genetic foundation has zero to do with being a protected class.

Was your religion determined by genetics?

...and we're off!

Should people who believe in things that are physically and scientifically impossible be considered mentally ill?

Some of them kill their children and even kill themselves by refusing medical treatment in order to rely on magic to cure them. That certainly seems to interfere with their ability to function in society more than being homosexual.
(05-26-2015, 07:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Out of curiosity. Do you mind answering the question first?

Predictable snarky comment is predictable.

Of course there are. Just like there are non-whites who wish they were born white. And women who wish they were born men. And poor who wish they were born into wealth. And I'd venture to say that it is so because they live in a society where people see them as having a "mental disorder" and needing "treatment" rather than being accepted and treated as equals. But that's just me.
And how has this thread been around for this long and not have this video?

(05-26-2015, 07:53 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Predictable snarky comment is predictable.

Of course there are. Just like there are non-whites who wish they were born white. And women who wish they were born men. And poor who wish they were born into wealth. And I'd venture to say that it is so because they live in a society where people see them as having a "mental disorder" and needing "treatment" rather than being accepted and treated as equals. But that's just me.

So you are saying if we could find a way to make folks happier, we shouldn't?

If scientists find a way for me to be rich; I'd be all for it.

(05-26-2015, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are saying if we could find a way to make folks happier, we shouldn't?

If scientists find a way for me to be rich; I'd be all for it.

There have been extensive scientific studies regarding the cause of homosexuality for many years. Your claim that they only looked at one side is just plain false.
(05-26-2015, 07:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: And how has this thread been around for this long and not have this video?

I think we had it on the old board while we had the exact same discussion with the exact same people. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-26-2015, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Once again we are not talking the morality here (That was Dino that said that).

But to answer your question. No, because of my beliefs. (So now you can introduce that tired argument).

Cloning humans is a whole other topic. One at a time please.

Yes I did say it...because you preferred to dance around and pretend its not your entire argument.

If you are being honest. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-26-2015, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, I'd be curious to see the liberal POV on that.

Triple screening and genetic amniocentesis are currently available to test for chromosomal abnormalities like Down Syndrome and birth defects like neural tube defects.  Parents can be faced with the difficult decision about whether to continue the pregnancy.  What is the liberal point of view on that?

Amniocentesis is not without risk and can result in miscarriage.  It is only performed in mothers with a high risk of birth defects, genetic abnormalities, or when the results my impact the management of the pregnancy.  Sexual orientation is none of those things.  Testing for sexual orientation would be like testing for your baby's eye color.  The risks would out weigh the benefits and I highly doubt such a test would be offered.

Furthermore, the majority of people who oppose homosexuality also oppose abortion mainly for religious reasons.  So what would be the lesser sin, aborting a fetus or raising a child you know will be homosexual?
Oh, if you can pray the gay away then genetic test results really don't matter. Do they?
(05-26-2015, 08:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think we had it on the old board while we had the exact same discussion with the exact same people.  Smirk
No doubt and although humorous speaks directly to my assertion that perhaps we all have urges; it's just some of us have the ability to suppress them.

Good vid.