Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Sunday-Dalton
I am sad to see Dalton leaving, I will miss his wife.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:11 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I am sad to see Dalton leaving, I will miss wife.   Ninja

I don't miss my wife who ran off over 30 years ago. Unfortunately I never bothered to get a divorce and I assume she didn't either. It does, however come in handy when other women start talking to me about getting married.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:11 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I am sad to see Dalton leaving, I will miss wife.   Ninja

She’s no Mrs. McCarron...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 10:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: $17 million for a backup QB isn't smart money, especially on a team with a laundry list of needs. Andy can be cut with 0 dead money. If we don't do so, I'd be pretty ticked. We can find a much cheaper veteran option.

This is the correct answer.  I know it's a pipe dream, but that $17.5mm would go a long ways towards overpaying for a guy like Jack Conklin.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: She’s no Mrs. McCarron...

Pervert

[Image: jordandalton24.png?w=780]
Reply/Quote
It'd be great to see another 4TD and 400 yard performance for several reasons.... mainly, it should be enough to pummel the Stains, 2nd, it would be a good audition for potential suitors, and I'd like to see him, and whatever other veterans are gone next season go out on a winning note on the homefield.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 01:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: It'd be great to see another 4TD and 400 yard performance for several reasons.... mainly, it should be enough to pummel the Stains, 2nd, it would be a good audition for potential suitors, and I'd like to see him, and whatever other veterans are gone next season go out on a winning note on the homefield.

She is plenty pretty enough and I would never remarry,too many pretty ladies out there and I want them all at some point,at least for a night ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 11:43 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't know. Mike Brown is a loyal guy for players that are loyal to him, and Andy Dalton has been loyal. Mike Brown has been a man that has liked to "honor" contracts in the past so it would not surprise me if he holds on to him to tutor the new QB that Brown most likely will draft with the first pick, a Kitna/Palmer kind of situation. I wonder what Andy's reaction to a scenario like that would be?

I'm not saying Mike Brown wouldn't do it. Just that it'd be a stupid move. Mike makes stupid moves. LOL

As for Andy's reaction, it's hard to say. He wanted out the minute he was benched. Then again, $17 million is probably more than he'd get elsewhere to start. So it'd probably be tough to pass $17 million to ride pine. I guess it depends on how much he wants to start and how much he likes Cincy. Man would that ever be a dumb move on our part though. I can't emphasize that enough.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 11:43 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't know. Mike Brown is a loyal guy for players that are loyal to him, and Andy Dalton has been loyal. Mike Brown has been a man that has liked to "honor" contracts in the past so it would not surprise me if he holds on to him to tutor the new QB that Brown most likely will draft with the first pick, a Kitna/Palmer kind of situation. I wonder what Andy's reaction to a scenario like that would be?

Andy wants to play, and he knows he can still start somewhere in the NFL, so he would not be happy. Personally, (and I don't know what his contract status is) I would like to see them bring Fitzy in to mentor and backup Burrow and trade Dalton to a team where he can compete, and make him happy. He's pure class....
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote: Sunday's game against Cleveland is likely Andy Dalton's last as a Bengal.  As frustrated as everyone has been over the last several years, Andy deserves a good send off from Cincinnati fans.  He came in like a breath of fresh air after Palmer quit.  He came in as a rookie and took us to the playoffs and repeated that 4 more times.  In his time here he has earned multiple team QB records.  Additionally, he chose to make Cincinnati his home.  Something his predecessor didn't.  He has represented the team well and has helped change the team's thug reputation throughout the league

If you are going to the game, I hope you encourage everyone to show Andy that we have appreciated his time here in Cincinnati

Well spoken, and dead on.  When people retort about how he stopped winning and the playoffs happened so long ago, I remind them that the likes of Whit, Zeitler, Sanu, Marvin Jones, and a crap ton of good coaches all left and were replaced by turds.  Hardly his fault.  First class guy.  I wish him well. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well spoken, and dead on.  When people retort about how he stopped winning and the playoffs happened so long ago, I remind them that the likes of Whit, Zeitler, Sanu, Marvin Jones, and a crap ton of good coaches all left and were replaced by turds.  Hardly his fault.  First class guy.  I wish him well. 

Marvin Jones was not replaced by a “turd.”

Boyd is a hell of a #2 WR.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 10:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: $17 million for a backup QB isn't smart money, especially on a team with a laundry list of needs. Andy can be cut with 0 dead money. If we don't do so, I'd be pretty ticked. We can find a much cheaper veteran option.

Personally, I have always had a soft spot for Colt McCoy.  Kid works his ass off and has just kept wandering in to bad situations.  
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: She’s no Mrs. McCarron...

She buries Mrs McCarron, unless you are a creepy Brent Musburger....
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 02:28 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Pervert

[Image: jordandalton24.png?w=780]

Man she was such a smoke show back in the day... She’s still attractive now but has completely embraced the “mom look”. And that’s completely fine.

She posts quite a bit on Instagram, usually showing her charity work or spending time with the kids. She’s an awesome woman.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin Jones was not replaced by a “turd.”

Boyd is a hell of a #2 WR.

Boyd replaced Sanu's slot position. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: She buries Mrs McCarron, unless you are a creepy Brent Musburger....

You are out of your mind! Jordan Dalton looks like every other girl I went to high school with. Katherine Webb looks like a model. Because she is...

[Image: Andy-Dalton-wife-Jordan-1552438.jpg?r=1539381762140]

[Image: ce5455900a1be375a678d0d4999690e4.jpg-ngg...10t010.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not saying Mike Brown wouldn't do it. Just that it'd be a stupid move. Mike makes stupid moves. LOL

As for Andy's reaction, it's hard to say. He wanted out the minute he was benched. Then again, $17 million is probably more than he'd get elsewhere to start. So it'd probably be tough to pass $17 million to ride pine. I guess it depends on how much he wants to start and how much he likes Cincy. Man would that ever be a dumb move on our part though. I can't emphasize that enough.

It is stupid to keep 17 mill on the books for him this year but I do think he gets at least that on another team. Foles got 22 mill and he is a journeyman backup. They are also saying this next group of free agent QBs are going to push 40 mill a year. That is just stupid to pay one position that.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Boyd replaced Sanu's slot position. 

He’s our #2 regardless were he lines up, but if you want to be specific then Boyd was an upgrade over Sanu.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not saying Mike Brown wouldn't do it. Just that it'd be a stupid move. Mike makes stupid moves. LOL

AD will get his $17.7 million in 2020 from a team if he is traded.

Only way he does not get it is if he is cut and becomes a FA which is highly unlikely.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:39 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: It is stupid to keep 17 mill on the books for him this year but I do think he gets at least that on another team. Foles got 22 mill and he is a journeyman backup. They are also saying this next group of free agent QBs are going to push 40 mill a year. That is just stupid to pay one position that.

A journeyman backup that has Super Bowl MVP on his resume...

Reply/Quote