Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Sunday-Dalton
(12-29-2019, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With today’s win, Andy Dalton increased his winning percentage to 0.534. That’s now ahead of Ken Anderson’s 0.529. Someone in this league is going to get a terrific quarterback in the off-season.

I think Dalton would thrive if he ends up in Tampa Bay.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Neither of them had this roster, which is what the poster stated.

There are changes needed beyond QB.

In my opinion, the QB doesn't need to be changed as he is the least of our problems and has proven he can get us where we want to go with a good team.  Still, too hard to pass on the prospect of Burrow considering Dalton won't realistically have another 10 years in the league.

Nor did Akili and Klingler. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton and Palmer didn’t fail here as rookies, and Burrow is probably a better prospect than either of them.

Palmer didn't play as a rookie and took over an 8-8 team after 16 months of studying the playbook.

Dalton's strength, quick release, was needed as a rookie because the o-line sucked ass and the Bengals had no WRs worth a crap. If the Bengals draft Burrow, he will eventually be another Dalton, gunshy by being planted every week so he'll be getting rid of the ball early.

Too may holes on this team and putting the pressure of a #1 draft pick rookie QB under a Mike Brown team will backfire, again.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, us  ThumbsUp

[Image: 5de84aeb184a3.image.jpg?resize=400%2C267]

/winner

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:19 PM)jason Wrote: I think Dalton would thrive if he ends up in Tampa Bay.

My gut tells me Mike Brown will draft Joe Burrow AND keep Andy Dalton on the roster through 2020, his final contract year. What I envision is 2003 all over again in 2020 with Andy Dalton playing the role of Jon Kitna while Joe Burrow assumes the part of Carson Palmer. Mikey Boy is likely thinking this worked in the past so it’s certain to work again so if Joe Burrow doesn’t start until 2021 don’t be surprised.

Now that’s not what I hope happens, of course.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Neither of them had this roster, which is what the poster stated.

There are changes needed beyond QB.

In my opinion, the QB doesn't need to be changed as he is the least of our problems and has proven he can get us where we want to go with a good team.  Still, too hard to pass on the prospect of Burrow considering Dalton won't realistically have another 10 years in the league.

Dalton took over a team that won 4 games the previous season.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:22 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Palmer didn't play as a rookie and took over an 8-8 team after 16 months of studying the playbook.

Dalton's strength, quick release, was needed as a rookie because the o-line sucked ass and the Bengals had no WRs worth a crap. If the Bengals draft Burrow, he will eventually be another Dalton, gunshy by being planted every week so he'll be getting rid of the ball early.

Too may holes on this team and putting the pressure of a #1 draft pick rookie QB under a Mike Brown team will backfire, again.

[Image: w640xh480_GettyImages-1176923998.jpg?ts=1570723445]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At least we can count on you to be optimistic if they go QB and not be miserable like those stupid fans.

As to the OP: Glad the fans cheered Andy and I look forward to Andy mentoring our next QB for 1 year. 

You don't know me very well, kid.

I'm not one of the draft freaks that waste all winter and spring studying up on players that will never be on the team I root for.

I don't waste draft weekend watching the draft, I wait until the picks are in and then I read up on the new players.

I never care about who they didn't draft. I'm not happy about John Ross but I'm not butthurt about "missing" Pat Mahomes like some on here because only an idiot would think that his success in Kansas City, replacing Alex Smith on a playoff team for an offensive minded coach, would translate to the same success in Cincinnati.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:34 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You don't know me very well, kid.

I'm not one of the draft freaks that waste all winter and spring studying up on players that will never be on the team I root for.

I don't waste draft weekend watching the draft, I wait until the picks are in and then I read up on the new players.

I never care about who they didn't draft. I'm not happy about John Ross but I'm not butthurt about "missing" Pat Mahomes like some on here because only an idiot would think that his success in Kansas City, replacing Alex Smith on a playoff team for an offensive minded coach, would translate to the same success in Cincinnati.

I bet you’re fun at parties.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: w640xh480_GettyImages-1176923998.jpg?ts=1570723445]

How many rookie WRs scare the league with Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell as the #2 and #3? His whopping 65 catches were the second lowest of his career, his lowest was in 2018 in 9 games.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I bet you’re fun at parties.

Calling out the butthurt in public? Great entertainment for all.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:41 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: How many rookie WRs scare the league with Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell as the #2 and #3? His whopping 65 catches were the second lowest of his career, his lowest was in 2018 in 9 games.

You were also wrong about the OL sucking in Dalton’s rookie year. That team had Big Whit, Andre Smith, Bobbie Williams, and Clint Boling.

PFF had us ranked the 13th best OL in the league that year.

https://www.pff.com/news/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-2

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:42 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Calling out the butthurt in public? Great entertainment for all.

This is rich lol

The “butthurt” seems to be mostly coming from people like you who don’t want to move on from Andy Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton took over a team that won 4 games the previous season.

Fair enough but... They also had a really good defense, decent O line, great D coordinator and really good position coaches, and had an immediate impact WR come along with him. QBs that are drafted late in the first (Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rogers, Mahomes, Watson) or in later rounds (Wilson and Dalton himself) walk into better situations. It's not foolproof though... Brock Osweiler sucked.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:19 PM)jason Wrote: Fair enough but... They also had a really good defense, decent O line, great D coordinator and really good position coaches, and had an immediate impact WR come along with him. QBs that are drafted late in the first (Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rogers, Mahomes, Watson) or in later rounds (Wilson and Dalton himself) walk into better situations. It's not foolproof though... Brock Osweiler sucked.

Goff was taken 1st overall and he had his team in the Super Bowl last year.

Same for Cam Newton not all that long ago.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:19 PM)jason Wrote: Fair enough but... They also had a really good defense, decent O line, great D coordinator and really good position coaches, and had an immediate impact WR come along with him. QBs that are drafted late in the first (Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rogers, Mahomes, Watson) or in later rounds (Wilson and Dalton himself) walk into better situations. It's not foolproof though... Brock Osweiler sucked.

Defense was middle of the pack that year on dvoa. Dalton basically walked into a complete rebuild with not much good at all and did a good job.

That said, Burrow is a once in a generation QB and Dalton has shown an inability to lift up a team, only that a good team can help Dalton lift his game
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My gut tells me Mike Brown will draft Joe Burrow AND keep Andy Dalton on the roster through 2020, his final contract year. What I envision is 2003 all over again in 2020 with Andy Dalton playing the role of Jon Kitna while Joe Burrow assumes the part of Carson Palmer. Mikey Boy is likely thinking this worked in the past so it’s certain to work again so if Joe Burrow doesn’t start until 2021 don’t be surprised.

Now that’s not what I hope happens, of course.

That's cruel... Let the man fly. It's not like there's financial ramifications... Kitna was a journeyman on again off again backup. Mentoring was his thing. Dalton's been a starter his entire career. They need to let him go.

Plus can we get a first rounder to set foot in the ******' field?... Just once?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:24 PM)N_B Wrote: Defense was middle of the pack that year on dvoa. Dalton basically walked into a complete rebuild with not much good at all and did a good job.

That said, Burrow is a once in a generation QB and Dalton has shown an inability to lift up a team, only that a good team can help Dalton lift his game

That defense had Zimmer, and 2 rookies that were wrecking shop the year before. Those guys have been cornerstones for a decade. They may have been middle of the pack, but this defense, and coordinator is bringing up the rear.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
In his rookie year Andy had a middling line with a bad Center, one WR and no real running game. Let's not forget how long it took us to get to actually having a pass receiving TE and a legit #2 WR (who we promptly let go in Free Agency forcing us to start the process all over again).

Burrow would be coming in to a similar mess just in different areas. One or two (depending on AJs health) good WRs, a solid TE (better than Andy had), a running game but a worse OL. This is why I feel like if they go with Burrow they need to invest additional picks fixing the OL and getting receivers that actually are capable of separation.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goff was taken 1st overall and he had his team in the Super Bowl last year.

Same for Cam Newton not all that long ago.

I pointed to Cam in a different post. You can have Goff. He can't or won't throw down field anymore, and has been completely exposed. Brandon Cooks is still in the NFL, but you'd never know it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote