(whoa!)
Make the playoffs last, for more than just one night
I know that we could, do it
If Mike Brown doesn’t ruin it
Just Once...
...Whoa-ohh
Last time he blew it..
Just ...Once

OMG! Best Post Ever! It’s like the song was originally written for this team. Brought me to tears, very moving. Well Done!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well spoken, and dead on.  When people retort about how he stopped winning and the playoffs happened so long ago, I remind them that the likes of Whit, Zeitler, Sanu, Marvin Jones, and a crap ton of good coaches all left and were replaced by turds.  Hardly his fault.  First class guy.  I wish him well. 

So dead on. When you think about what we lost over the years and what we replaced our losses with it’s horrible. Not even close to what we had. I get so excited about the draft (Favorite event of the year) every year yet I have zero confidence that this FO can build a winning team. If we don’t take advantage of FA, Trades etc and rely mainly on the draft alone we can expect another losing season. Doesn't matter who we draft.

I hope Andy plays his butt off this last game and fans treat him with respect and show some appreciation. Its in everyone’s best interest that Andy plays like a franchise QB. If he plays poor I will actually feel sorry for him. Get em Red. Oh and stay healthy, don’t go breaking anything.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 04:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So dead on. When you think about what we lost over the years and what we replaced our losses with it’s horrible. Not even close to what we had. I get so excited about the draft (Favorite event of the year) every year yet I have zero confidence that this FO can build a winning team. If we don’t take advantage of FA, Trades etc and rely mainly on the draft alone we can expect another losing season. Doesn't matter who we draft.

I hope Andy plays his butt off this last game and fans treat him with respect and show some appreciation. Its in everyone’s best interest that Andy plays like a franchise QB. If he plays poor I will actually feel sorry for him. Get em Red. Oh and stay healthy, don’t go breaking anything.

Mine, too...Kind of funny to look back and the only pick I had a real problem with was the noodle-armed Finley.  I might have agreed that they reached a bit on Sample, but was happy with Pratt, Wren, the RBs, and first pick Williams.  I still have high hopes for Sample and the RBs and Pratt appears to at least be serviceable and trending upwards.  

I really hope they go FA for a LB and a safety and then draft more offensive line help, defensive line, WR, and perhaps a CB.  They REALLY could use some extra picks.  Hope they trade away some players for more picks.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks Andy for 9 years I hope you are a successful with your new team and you and your family have a smooth transition.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I was pissed about the “not real fans” comment and probably was a little harsh on him, but if that was Dalton’s last game as a Bengal I’m glad it was a win over a division rival. Good stuff.

Reply/Quote
Good luck Red...

He helped make it fun to watch this team for 5 years before it rotted out from the inside. Hopefully the new kid can do the same.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:13 PM)HuDey Wrote: Andy did his best
But I guess, his best wasn't good enough
'Cause, here we are back where we were before
Seems we need some changes
We're back to bein' strangers
Wonderin' if, we draft a kid
And send him out the door
Just Once...
Can we figure out, what we keep, doin' wrong
Why, the playoffs never last for long
What are we doin' wrong?
Just once...
Can we find a way, to finally show some fight
To make the playoffs last, for more than just one night
Maybe we could do it
If we draft Burrow or Tua
hmm-hmm...
(...)
He gave his  all
But Despite his all, well this team still sucks
'Cause, Lord knows we're not getting anywhere
Seems, we're always blowin'
Whatever, we've got goin'
And it seems at times, with all we've got
We’re still missin’ a player
Just once...
Can we figure out, what we keep doin' wrong
Why the O-lines never block for long
Why is Ross goin’ long?
Just once...
Can't we find a way, to finally play it right
To make the playoffs last, for more than just one night
I think that we could do it
If we draft Burrow or Tua
Just once...
I want to understand
Why, it always comes back ...the same
Why... can't we win a playoff game
Let’s admit to one another
We're no good, for each other
Trade the rest, to build it better
Makes some sense if we’re not together
Just once...
Can we find a way, to finally play it right
(whoa!)
Make the playoffs last, for more than just one night
I know that we could, do it
If Mike Brown doesn’t ruin it
Just Once...
...Whoa-ohh
Last time he blew it..
Just ...Once
To me I truly believe this franchise is Cursed,snake-bit and just plain unlucky.No matter who they draft or get in the off season,we are still going to suck in 2020. Maybe 5-6 wins at best,just too many holes to fill and this Bengals team ALWAYS has a ton of injuries each and every year.I am not feeling it in 2020.Whoever they draft they are still going to suck,its just nati ways. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote: Sunday's game against Cleveland is likely Andy Dalton's last as a Bengal.  As frustrated as everyone has been over the last several years, Andy deserves a good send off from Cincinnati fans.  He came in like a breath of fresh air after Palmer quit.  He came in as a rookie and took us to the playoffs and repeated that 4 more times.  In his time here he has earned multiple team QB records.  Additionally, he chose to make Cincinnati his home.  Something his predecessor didn't.  He has represented the team well and has helped change the team's thug reputation throughout the league

If you are going to the game, I hope you encourage everyone to show Andy that we have appreciated his time here in Cincinnati

To get back to the OP, yes, Andy did get a nice end-off today.  Before the game, as he sometimes does, Andy came over to the sideline and gave Jordan and the kids extended hugs.  Then, they posed for pics for the NFL photographers.  He lingered there for some time, before finally heading to the tunnel to loud cheers.  Then, at game's end, after the Stains' last gasp, when the Bengals came out on the field and Andy genuflected, an "Andy!  Andy!" chant rose up for a brief moment.  

He got a W, beat a division rival, left the game unscathed, and got a nice reception.  Not a bad day for the Red Rifle. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The couch coaches have spoken! Burrow is already a Bengal!

Can you imagine the temper tantrums that will occur in here if the Bengals keep Dalton and trade their first round to the highest bidder?

Cincinnati police will be stationed all along the bridge watching for jumpers!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The couch coaches have spoken! Burrow is already a Bengal!

Can you imagine the temper tantrums that will occur in here if the Bengals keep Dalton and trade their first round to the highest bidder?

Nah, the stadium will just be even more empty than it was this season.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 08:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The couch coaches have spoken!  Burrow is already a Bengal!

Dalton is not the problem and he is still under contract for next season. 

No need to call the police. It's just mother Nature's way of weeding out the stupid and it would increase the overall quality of the posts in this place.

Bring it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I honestly have no idea their plans for this draft, but if they do draft Burrow ideally they can have Andy to help Joe transition to the NFL and when and if he's ready right from jump see if they can find a suitable TRADE partner for Andy OUT of our division and preferably out of the conference. I don't mind keeping him on the books for next year in the least. Nobody knows how Joe will stand up to NFL pressure. I assume he'll be good, but that first year for starting QBs can be tough especially with a weak OLine and questionable reliable receivers. We don't know if AJ will be back either so just automatically cutting Andy and taking our chances on an unproven in the NFL Joe Burrow is rolling the dice hard and betting the farm..  One absolute guarantee you can all bet on is that 17 million ain't coming out of my pocket.. I don't even have close to 17 million cents for that matter..It would take 219 YEARS to collect that much from social security on my behalf..IF I never spent a single penny and lived that long..   Tongue 
If it eases your mind in the least about my personal finances I do have a folgers 11 ounce can full of pennies saved up and another full of lose silver change stashed away.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:15 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Dalton is not the problem and he is still under contract for next season. 

No need to call the police. It's just mother Nature's way of weeding out the stupid and it would increase the overall quality of the posts in this place.

Bring it.

Dalton has absolutely been A problem the last few seasons, and is does not make people “stupid” for being ready to move on.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton has absolutely been A problem the last few seasons, and is does not make people “stupid” for being ready to move on.

People wanting to jump off of a bridge over a football team? Be my guest. I will momentarily enjoy when Dalton comes back but the butthurt fans that wanted him gone will make this place as miserable as they are so that enjoyment will be short.

Joe Burrow and just about any rookie QB will fail with this roster(Akili and Klingler come to mind). Trade down as often as possible and pick up multiple O-line, LBs and someone to replace Sean Williams and then this team can compete. 2021 is when they should draft their next QB.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:15 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Dalton is not the problem and he is still under contract for next season. 

Bring it.

While I agree Dalton is not "the problem" as in singular, it's all his fault.

Dalton is absolutely part of the problem with this teams issues these last four seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:29 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: People wanting to jump off of a bridge over a football team? Be my guest. I will momentarily enjoy when Dalton comes back but the butthurt fans that wanted him gone will make this place as miserable as they are so that enjoyment will be short.

Joe Burrow and just about any rookie QB will fail with this roster(Akili and Klingler come to mind). Trade down as often as possible and pick up multiple O-line, LBs and someone to replace Sean Williams and then this team can compete. 2021 is when they should draft their next QB.

Dalton and Palmer didn’t fail here as rookies, and Burrow is probably a better prospect than either of them.

Reply/Quote
With today’s win, Andy Dalton increased his winning percentage to 0.534. That’s now ahead of Ken Anderson’s 0.529. Someone in this league is going to get a terrific quarterback in the off-season.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With today’s win, Andy Dalton increased his winning percentage to 0.534.  That’s now ahead of Ken Anderson’s 0.529.  Someone in this league is going to get a terrific quarterback in the off-season.

Yeah, us  ThumbsUp

[Image: 5de84aeb184a3.image.jpg?resize=400%2C267]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton and Palmer didn’t fail here as rookies, and Burrow is probably a better prospect than either of them.

Neither of them had this roster, which is what the poster stated.

There are changes needed beyond QB.

In my opinion, the QB doesn't need to be changed as he is the least of our problems and has proven he can get us where we want to go with a good team.  Still, too hard to pass on the prospect of Burrow considering Dalton won't realistically have another 10 years in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2019, 09:29 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: People wanting to jump off of a bridge over a football team? Be my guest. I will momentarily enjoy when Dalton comes back but the butthurt fans that wanted him gone will make this place as miserable as they are so that enjoyment will be short.

At least we can count on you to be optimistic if they go QB and not be miserable like those stupid fans.

As to the OP: Glad the fans cheered Andy and I look forward to Andy mentoring our next QB for 1 year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote