Poll: Who would you think/want to win if all the predictions turn out to be true?
Think Packers, Want Packers
Think Packers, Want Patriots
Think Patriots, Want Packers
Think Patriots, Want Patriots
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl 50: Packers vs Patriots
(10-29-2015, 02:36 AM)Adamantium Wrote: What makes you so confident? I mean, I'm all for hoping, but the odds makers have the Pats and Packers as #1 and #2 in the NFL and the heavy favorites for the SB. 

the odds makers do that to make you bite and then the opposite happens anyway.

Ive watched sports since I was 15 and younger till now at 50. I Know what to expect. I see the same stuff happen year after year.

Seattle sucks now.Brady will show his age at some point or someone on the Pats will get injured. The Packers might get there though but it looks like their defense will falter.
 Its only week 8. Some trade will happen tomorrow or some team will emerge.
  Broncos already have all that going for them
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 05:33 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: the odds makers do that to make you bite and then the opposite happens anyway.

Ive watched sports since I was 15 and younger till now at 50. I Know what to expect. I see the same stuff happen year after year.

Seattle sucks now.Brady will show his age at some point or someone on the Pats will get injured. The Packers might get there though but it looks like their defense will falter.
 Its only week 8. Some trade will happen tomorrow or some team will emerge.
  Broncos already have all that going for them

how often does a team emerge as a result of a midseason trade?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Arizona will go all the way against either NE, Cincinnati or Denver.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 05:28 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I think Arizona will go all the way against either NE, Cincinnati or Denver.

Cards are looking tough, but I'm really hoping the Panthers are the ones on the NFC to make it to the SB. I'd much rather tham than any other current team in the NFC. (Cards would be #2)
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 05:34 PM)Adamantium Wrote: Cards are looking tough, but I'm really hoping the Panthers are the ones on the NFC to make it to the SB. I'd much rather tham than any other current team in the NFC. (Cards would be #2)

I would love a Packers Patriots SB though. That would be fun.
Reply/Quote
Neither the Cardinals nor Panthers will make it to the Super Bowl either. Go ahead and remember that. You have my permission to point that out if I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:17 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Neither the Cardinals  nor Panthers will make it to the Super Bowl either. Go ahead and remember that. You have my permission to point that out if I'm wrong.

lol, how can you have such confidence? 

Who do you think are the Top 2 AFC and Top 2 NFC teams with the most likely chance of making the SB?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 02:25 AM)Adamantium Wrote: lol, how can you have such confidence? 

Who do you think are the Top 2 AFC and Top 2 NFC teams with the most likely chance of making the SB?

When you say top 2...let me make that clearer. The Cards  OR the Panthers  might make it to a conference championship game but will lose anyway.
   The Steelers,Broncos,Packers,Giants are Better options
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 03:11 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: When you say top 2...let me make that clearer. The Cards  OR the Panthers  might make it to a conference championship game but will lose anyway.

Any combination of those four for the Super Bowl has me totally....  Yawn
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 05:52 AM)Adamantium Wrote: Any combination of those four for the Super Bowl has me totally....  Yawn

Of course,because  you hope the Bengals make it
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 03:08 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Of course,because  you hope the Beals make it

Yep.  LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 03:11 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: When you say top 2...let me make that clearer. The Cards  OR the Panthers  might make it to a conference championship game but will lose anyway.

I'm sorry, what??? Confused
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:52 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm sorry, what??? Confused

Got 2 months of life,holidays and what ever else/life coming up so hold your horses and wait and see
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:58 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Got 2 months of life,holidays and what ever else/life coming up so hold your horses and wait and see

They can't even win when their QB throws 6 TD passes and has no turnovers. They have the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL. They have the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL. Rank 27th in the running game. They give up 26 points a game, ranking them 24th in the league. There are only 4 NFC teams ranked lower than that.

They've given up 17 passing touchdowns, tied for 29th in the NFL. They're 2-2 in the division.

But then they play the Patriots, Jets, Panthers, Vikings, and Eagles; a team they lost to already.

Almost lost the the Romo-less Cowboys and the 49ers.

They're not a good team, I have no idea what you see in them.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 05:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They can't even win when their QB throws 6 TD passes and has no turnovers. They have the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL. They have the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL. Rank 27th in the running game. They give up 26 points a game, ranking them 24th in the league. There are only 4 NFC teams ranked lower than that.

They've given up 17 passing touchdowns, tied for 29th in the NFL. They're 2-2 in the division.

But then they play the Patriots, Jets, Panthers, Vikings, and Eagles; a team they lost to already.

Almost lost the the Romo-less Cowboys and the 49ers.

They're not a good team, I have no idea what you see in them.

over all stats usually dont prove anything definitive. You need to break those down. Obviously the defense point average is skewed because of the shoot out vs Saints.
 Those saints who won games with a last place defense as well. Everyone in the league "almost loses" every week.
so-called "not good teams" dont score  40 some odd points.

the only team they will maybe surely lose to above is the Patriots. Tge other games are very winnable. Everyone is playing like a .500 team. Its not that unlikely
Reply/Quote
Packers getting owned by a not especially good Panthers team. And it is so far ALL on Packer mistakes - leaving receivers with no DBs within 15 yards, unforced fumbles, zero contain on a mobile QB and so on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Packers getting owned by a not especially good Panthers team. And it is so far ALL on Packer mistakes - leaving receivers with no DBs within 15 yards, unforced fumbles, zero contain on a mobile QB and so on.

Their defense is bad,

Don't know how much they gave up today, but they had allowed over 500 yards in each of their last two games.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:53 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: over all stats usually dont prove anything definitive. You need to break those down. Obviously the defense point average is skewed because of the shoot out vs Saints.
 Those saints who won games with a last place defense as well. Everyone in the league "almost loses" every week.
so-called "not good teams" dont score  40 some odd points.

the only team they will maybe surely lose to above is the Patriots. Tge other games are very winnable. Everyone is playing like a .500 team. Its not that unlikely

They gave up 24 or more points in 6 of their 9 games.
Only held opponents under 21 points twice this season.

And they beat the 49ers by 3 points and Romo-less and Bryant-less by 7. Those aren't convincing wins.

They're not a good team. They went against the worst passing defense in the NFL and still lost.
They are the ONLY team in NFL history to have 6 passing TDs and no interceptions and STILL lose a game.

And you haven't really watched the Panthers have you? Or the Vikings? Or the Jets?
That's 4 teams that are above .500. And that's not including the Eagles who completely destroyed them earlier this year.

The Giants aren't a good team.
Don't be surprised if they wind up 8-8 or 7-9.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Packers getting owned by a not especially good Panthers team. And it is so far ALL on Packer mistakes - leaving receivers with no DBs within 15 yards, unforced fumbles, zero contain on a mobile QB and so on.

Yes, I'm starting to think I made a bad prediction on the NFC side. Aaron Rogers is no Tom Brady. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 02:29 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They gave up 24 or more points in 6 of their 9 games.
Only held opponents under 21 points twice this season.

And they beat the 49ers by 3 points and Romo-less and Bryant-less by 7. Those aren't convincing wins.

They're not a good team. They went against the worst passing defense in the NFL and still lost.
They are the ONLY team in NFL history to have 6 passing TDs and no interceptions and STILL lose a game.

And you haven't really watched the Panthers have you? Or the Vikings? Or the Jets?
That's 4 teams that are above .500. And that's not including the Eagles who completely destroyed them earlier this year.

The Giants aren't a good team.
Don't be surprised if they wind up 8-8 or 7-9.

Yes., I have watched those  teams. Not convincing wins are still wins. The only teams that won today that weren't a fantastic bizarre surprise were the Steelers and Giants.

Reply/Quote