Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
(02-07-2022, 12:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's the first image I had in my head when I saw Eminem and Dre!

I wonder how far they're going to take it back and if we'll hear songs like "Nuthin' But A G Thang" and "Still Dre"! I know they'll most likely flip between a bunch of songs but I don't know how far they'll go back.

THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE!

I assume we'll get a "Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yea" from Snoop.

It will be fun to see which songs they perform.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: There is some passion in this post.

[Image: The-Who-gif-music-37201198-500-401.gif]

lol you bet!

They are probably my only favourite in life that I think is also the, "best," in said category of them being my favourite.

Pete's mind works on a different level than any modern musician, with exception to maybe Zappa (and even then, I feel he surpasses). The Who never started out that way, as Pete was very, "play it safe," and radio-friendly, until he did, "A Quick One While He's Away," which I think, gave him the confidence to write lengthy, almost themed works... and that's basically what he did until now lol.

But his writing is just on another level too; I didn't know this until I got the Lifehouse boxset (so incredibly-rare and quite expensive, but had to have it), but from, "The Who Sell Out," and on, he wrote every. single. note. of music that the Who or his solo acts performed and recorded himself playing each of those notes, until he perfected his sound and then gave the modifications in notes, tempo, etc. to the rest of the band to have them perform it and make it their own, if necessary.

That's obsessive lol, but it proves how dedicated and skilled at his craft he is and if the product was trash, then it's all for nought… but The Who's stuff is so incredibly-complex, either in writing or in performing (though not always, as I've seen a crap-ton of amateur musicians play their stuff), Pete can play ANY instrument on the planet (outside of brass/woodwind, though he may have picked that up in his later years LOL) and he's at the top of the game in all of them.

Anyways, rambling to death now lol.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 10:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: There is some passion in this post.

[Image: The-Who-gif-music-37201198-500-401.gif]

Off topic, but it was announced that The Who returns to Cincinnati this year for the first time since the tragic trampling in 79.

I dig this lineup, Ice Cube killed it yesterday at The Coliseum during the Busch Clash race.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:51 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Dr Dre and Eminem.....  yes please

Right? How does this "stink"? 

Boomers gonna be pissed its not Bruce Springsteen or Lady Gaga.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is totally off topic, but it is very interesting and at least mentions Lady GaGa.

I just saw a story on Tony Bennett doing a show with Lady Gaga at Radio City Music Hall. Bennett is 95 and has dementia. Back stage he did not know where he was at or what exactly he was doing. They were explaining to him that he was going to go on stage and sing. He asked "What songs?" and they just said "You will know them."

But when the curtain went up he performed perfectly. When Lady GaGa came on stage he introduced her by name. She said that was the first time in a week rehearsing with him that he had called her by her name. She almost broke down. It was amazing.

They showed a clip of Anderson Cooper talking to Bennett 2 days later about the show and he could not remember anything about it.

The brain is an amazing mysterious thing. With all our modern technology we still don't really understand how it works.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is totally off topic, but it is very interesting and at least mentions Lady GaGa.

I just saw a story on Tony Bennett doing a show with Lady Gaga at Radio City Music Hall. Bennett is 95 and has dementia.  Back stage he did not know where he was at or what exactly he was doing.  They were explaining to him that he was going to go on stage and sing.  He asked "What songs?" and they just said "You will know them."

But when the curtain went up he performed perfectly.  When Lady GaGa came on stage he introduced her by name.  She said that was the first time in a week rehearsing with him that he had called her by her name.  She almost broke down.  It was amazing.

They showed a clip of Anderson Cooper talking to Bennett 2 days later about the show and he could not remember anything about it.

The brain is an amazing mysterious thing.  With all our modern technology we still don't really understand how it works.

That's a neat story. Little nuances like this are what might keep AI from taking everything over entirely.
Reply/Quote
can we get Survivor out there?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? How does this "stink"? 

Boomers gonna be pissed its not Bruce Springsteen or Lady Gaga.

cause most RAP is CRAP
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cause most RAP is CRAP

It really isn't.

A shit-ton of it is low-brow and poor-quality, "music," but there is a great amount that has merit and is well-made.

You'll hear some of them on Sunday. Still D.R.E. is a legendarily-phenomenal rap track.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It really isn't.

A shit-ton of it is low-brow and poor-quality, "music," but there is a great amount that has merit and is well-made.

You'll hear some of them on Sunday. Still D.R.E. is a legendarily-phenomenal rap track.

I probly wont personally...  But if you enjoy it then i hope you do
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 12:40 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Thank goodness it isn't another show with over-the-hill classic rock outfits skulking around the stage with music that stopped being relevant 30+ years ago.

But at least they don't have to lip sync and pretend to play their instruments live.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I probly wont personally...  But if you enjoy it then i hope you do

I don't enjoy rap though lol; there are 13 songs out of over 1,900 on my iPod, that are rap.

I detest the genre.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It really isn't.

I feel old with my "get off my lawn" mentality about my beloved '80s & '90s rap as being way better compared to contemporary rap. Thus those knocking rap as crap, I offer, must be really, really, really old.  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is totally off topic, but it is very interesting and at least mentions Lady GaGa.

I just saw a story on Tony Bennett doing a show with Lady Gaga at Radio City Music Hall. Bennett is 95 and has dementia.  Back stage he did not know where he was at or what exactly he was doing.  They were explaining to him that he was going to go on stage and sing.  He asked "What songs?" and they just said "You will know them."

But when the curtain went up he performed perfectly.  When Lady GaGa came on stage he introduced her by name.  She said that was the first time in a week rehearsing with him that he had called her by her name.  She almost broke down.  It was amazing.

The brain is an amazing mysterious thing.  With all our modern technology we still don't really understand how it works.

They had a 60 minutes on Lady Gaga a few years ago. How she was discovered and her upbringing were really interesting. I recommend a watch on youtube if you can find it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cause most RAP is CRAP

No it isn't.

That is just a comment about your own personal tastes.  Not a fact.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it isn't.

That is just a comment about your own personal tastes.  Not a fact.

That is Correct.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Bengals are finally in a Super Bowl and the halftime show looks bad. I hate rap and will not be watching it. We need a better group.

You are joking right!? We coulda got BTS or jlo again.. We got Dre , snoop. Eminem and Kendrick lamar... This is the best halftime show ever...
Reply/Quote
The only rap songs I have liked have heavily sampled rock songs and/or have sounded like metal at certain points (wish I could give you examples, but one sampled the Bruce Hornsby song "That's the way it is"). To me, 90 percent of what I've heard in rap either sounds like whining or bragging (about how many ho's I can do, caps I can bust, or fatties I can light).
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 03:32 PM)Tony Wrote: You are joking right!? We coulda got BTS or jlo again.. We got Dre , snoop. Eminem and Kendrick lamar... This is the best halftime show ever...

should be RamJam and Survivor. lol
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I feel old with my "get off my lawn" mentality about my beloved '80s & '90s rap as being way better compared to contemporary rap. Thus those knocking rap as crap, I offer, must be really, really, really old.  LMAO

It's funny, I used to love Dr Dre and Eminem 20 years ago.

I'll still admit it's far easier on the ears than any modern trash with autotuned vocals.

That said, my personal growth has led me to a point where I look at rap as mind filth.

It often (generally speaking) glorifies going to prison, selling drugs, demeaning women, hating authority figures, etc. It has a negative impact on society, IMO, that people often overlook or underestimate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote