Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl losers mind set
(03-21-2022, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Can't say for sure, but from listening to NFL radio this morning Cleveland may be having a huge bout of buyer's remorse. Evidently a great deal of their fan base is not happy and letting them know it about Watson. 

I know some fans are quite upset and are becoming Bengals fans. At least they say they are.  Also, Watson hasn't played in a year. I know he's probably practice over the last 12 months or so but it's not the same and he may miss some games next year. 

I don't know enough details regarding Watson's alleged sexual offenses. But if the cases are true,,  from my experience evaluating sex offenders, they tend to repeat. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Can't say for sure, but from listening to NFL radio this morning Cleveland may be having a huge bout of buyer's remorse. Evidently a great deal of their fan base is not happy and letting them know it about Watson. 

Dude is going to potentially miss 6+ games this year via suspension (have heard rumors he could miss the whole season). I can see why a lot of Browns fans wouldn't be happy for the ethical point, but many won't be happy if they punted on this season.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:59 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: It’s not possible to have 4 teams make the post season from one division right? So that would eliminate one of them possibly 2 if one of those guys loses a few they shouldn’t and hover around 10 or 11 wins

Steelers aren't making the playoffs with Trubisky at QB. And even if Watson is NOT suspended at the beginning of the season, it's been over a year since he played football AND he's on a new team in a new offensive system so the Browns most likely aren't getting "prime" Watson until mid-way through the season, so they may not make the playoffs either especially in the stacked AFC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Over the years, a lot of Super Bowl losers spent so much energy getting to the Super Bowl, but lost. The following year some struggled to make the playoffs.

I don't like making predictions because injuries at key spots can destroy predictions, but our team seems to have gone from hungry in 2021 to starving in 2022. They want to eat and regardless of the 2022 outcome, the FO has done a phenomenal job in FA. FA is not over, the draft is yet to come, but I am confident in the FO more now than I have ever been.

What is your take of our FO's reaction to losing the Super Bowl by 3 points to a team that went all in, adding key pieces after the season started.

Very active in fixing the glaring weakness and working hard to fix that and get back to the SB for a win. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: Dude is going to potentially miss 6+ games this year via suspension (have heard rumors he could miss the whole season). I can see why a lot of Browns fans wouldn't be happy for the ethical point, but many won't be happy if they punted on this season.

The Cleveland browns front office believes he's going to miss some games. That's why they lowered his salary for the first year, at least in a contract structure.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Over the years, a lot of Super Bowl losers spent so much energy getting to the Super Bowl, but lost. The following year some struggled to make the playoffs.

I don't like making predictions because injuries at key spots can destroy predictions, but our team seems to have gone from hungry in 2021 to starving in 2022. They want to eat and regardless of the 2022 outcome, the FO has done a phenomenal job in FA. FA is not over, the draft is yet to come, but I am confident in the FO more now than I have ever been.

What is your take of our FO's reaction to losing the Super Bowl by 3 points to a team that went all in, adding key pieces after the season started.

a Lot of that is do to Superbowl rosters and staffs usually get picked over and yanked apart if available.    

SB teams lose coordinators and players as other teams want that success.

A lot of a superbowl run just comes down to timing of when everything hits off.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Steelers aren't making the playoffs with Trubisky at QB. And even if Watson is NOT suspended at the beginning of the season, it's been over a year since he played football AND he's on a new team in a new offensive system so the Browns most likely aren't getting "prime" Watson until mid-way through the season, so they may not make the playoffs either especially in the stacked AFC.

People said this exact same thing about them last year with Big Ben, and lo and behold.  Trubisky is objectively an upgrade over what Big Ben was at the end.  Write them off at your peril.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Cleveland browns front office believes he's going to miss some games. That's why they lowered his salary for the first year, at least in a contract structure.

That is really shady for Browns and Watson to only pay him 1 million in salary in 2022 circumventing large losses by Watson if suspended. If he is suspended for 2022 entire year guy only loses 1 million dollars so way of
minimizing the suspension fine
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Steelers aren't making the playoffs with Trubisky at QB. And even if Watson is NOT suspended at the beginning of the season, it's been over a year since he played football AND he's on a new team in a new offensive system so the Browns most likely aren't getting "prime" Watson until mid-way through the season, so they may not make the playoffs either especially in the stacked AFC.

I was actually thinking about the broncos, chargers, raiders, chiefs division. That’s the 4 teams in that division right?
Reply/Quote

$230 million GUARANTEED.

That roster is going to be a skeleton crew of nobodies in a couple of years.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:53 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: 2000: Tennessee Titans -> 13-3 lost in divisional round
2001: New York Giants -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2002: St. Louis Rams -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2003: Oakland Raiders -> 4-12 missed playoffs
2004: Carolina Panthers -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2005: Philadelphia Eagles -> 6-10 missed playoffs
2006: Seattle Seahawks -> 9-7 Lost in divisional round
2007: Chicago Bears -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2008: New England Patriots -> 11-5 missed playoffs
2009: Arizona Cardinals -> 10-6 lost in divisional round
2010: Indianapolis Colts -> 10-6 lost in wild card
2011: Pittsburgh Steelers -> 12-4 lost in wild card
2012: New England Patriots -> 12-4 lost in AFC championship
2013: San Francisco 49ers -> 12-4 lost in NFC championship
2014: Denver Broncos -> 12-4 lost in divisional round
2015: Seattle Seahawks -> 10-6 lost in divisional round
2016: Carolina Panthers -> 6-10 missed playoffs
2017: Atlanta Falcons -> 10-6 lost in divisional round
2018: New England Patriots -> 11-5 Won Super Bowl
2019: Los Angeles Rams -> 9-7 missed playoffs
2020: San Fransisco 49ers -> 6-10 missed playoffs
2021: Kansas City Chiefs -> 12-5 lost in AFC Championship
2022: Cincinnati Bengals -> won 3 straight Super Bowls

Well that's sobering.
Reply/Quote

Is it September yet?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:53 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: 2000: Tennessee Titans -> 13-3 lost in divisional round
2001: New York Giants -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2002: St. Louis Rams -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2003: Oakland Raiders -> 4-12 missed playoffs
2004: Carolina Panthers -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2005: Philadelphia Eagles -> 6-10 missed playoffs
2006: Seattle Seahawks -> 9-7 Lost in divisional round
2007: Chicago Bears -> 7-9 missed playoffs
2008: New England Patriots -> 11-5 missed playoffs
2009: Arizona Cardinals -> 10-6 lost in divisional round
2010: Indianapolis Colts -> 10-6 lost in wild card
2011: Pittsburgh Steelers -> 12-4 lost in wild card
2012: New England Patriots -> 12-4 lost in AFC championship
2013: San Francisco 49ers -> 12-4 lost in NFC championship
2014: Denver Broncos -> 12-4 lost in divisional round
2015: Seattle Seahawks -> 10-6 lost in divisional round
2016: Carolina Panthers -> 6-10 missed playoffs
2017: Atlanta Falcons -> 10-6 lost in divisional round
2018: New England Patriots -> 11-5 Won Super Bowl
2019: Los Angeles Rams -> 9-7 missed playoffs
2020: San Fransisco 49ers -> 6-10 missed playoffs
2021: Kansas City Chiefs -> 12-5 lost in AFC Championship
2022: Cincinnati Bengals -> won 3 straight Super Bowls

The Bengals already made history in 2021. They were the third team in NFL history to make the Super Bowl after having a losing record three years ago. Next year they’ll make history again, becoming the fifth team in NFL history to win a Super Bowl the year after losing it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: a Lot of that is do to Superbowl rosters and staffs usually get picked over and yanked apart if available.    

SB teams lose coordinators and players as other teams want that success.

A lot of a superbowl run just comes down to timing of when everything hits off.

Yep and the Bengals mostly avoided this with CJ and Ogunjobi being their only real losses. 

But CJ was replaced adequately enough and believe a DT will come in draft to help this offset. 

Bengals have upgraded their O-line immensely and should feature a juggernaut of an offense for next few years. Happy

Now there is no doubt that the AFC is LOADED this season, but the Bengals are a major heavy weight amongst them all with a very legitimate chance imho. Believe we can go toe to toe with anybody and I know that guarantees nothing, but it sure is a good feeling. 

I Believe !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

We went all out in FA to improve our biggest weakness. From history we usually don't pay Guards big money but the FO 
saw what happened in the Playoffs and in the Superbowl and added Cappa a proven vet to fill our biggest hole, most would
not of expected this. They then added Karras who can play Center as well as Guard and cut our Center who was adequate
and then went and added one of the best RT's in the game in La'el Collins.

They didn't sit on their hands at all and even when we lost a good player of ours in Uzo we added an upgrade in Hurst.

My take is we are serious and are not to be overlooked, the rest of the NFL better take notice. I don't know how teams are
going to beat us with us now having possibly a top Offensive Line to go with a top Defensive Line with Burrow and all our 
young players along with coaches that keep the guys disciplined and penalty free.

(03-21-2022, 09:13 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Despite all the moves being made at other teams, I still feel like after all these moves, we're the team to beat in the AFC if not the NFL. Our talent level grew immensely while others may have tapered off/slight increase/decrease.

Same, youth is also what we added. Young, proven vets on multiple year deals. I do wish we gave Hurst a multiple year deal 
but we still can, same with Bates as now we have time to work on an extension. The OL is fortified which is all we needed to 
do. As long as we stay somewhat healthy this is the team to beat and we will be adding some players like Ossai and ADG to an
already tough Defense going into a very good Draft for Defense where we can go BPA.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 12:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: People said this exact same thing about them last year with Big Ben, and lo and behold.  Trubisky is objectively an upgrade over what Big Ben was at the end.  Write them off at your peril.  

Mitch Trubisky's last season as full time starter:
63.2% comp 3138 yards 17 TD 10 INT

Ben Roethlisberger last year:
64.5% comp 3740 yards 22 TD 10 INT

At best, you can say Mitch is ALMOST as comparable to Ben last year. Ben, clearly at the end of his career, was STILL a better QB than Trubisky in his 4th season.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 12:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is really shady for Browns and Watson to only pay him 1 million in salary in 2022 circumventing large losses by Watson if suspended. If he is suspended for 2022 entire year guy only loses 1 million dollars so way of
minimizing the suspension fine

Is there a way for the league to fine Watson a large amount in addition to a season-long suspension to circumvent Cleveland's circumvention? 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 12:59 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I was actually thinking about the broncos, chargers, raiders, chiefs division. That’s the 4 teams in that division right?

Well, either way, I think you're right in that no division will ever have 4 teams make the playoffs (until the league expands by like 32 teams, then maybe)
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, either way, I think you're right in that no division will ever have 4 teams make the playoffs (until the league expands by like 32 teams, then maybe)

Raiders or Chiefs now look to be the teams that might fall off after both making the Playoffs last season and losing to us.

I could see the Broncos and Chargers both being formidable with Russell Wilson going to the Broncos and the Chargers moves 
on Defense with Herbert and their Offense. That is a damn tough Division though now. Glad we played them last year.
Reply/Quote

What not to be happy about for Cleveland? Signed someone for a record guaranteed money deal who has 22 civil cases pending and no doubt a league suspension. Made a contract where if suspended by the league for sexual misconduct against numerous women he can avoid any financial penalty. 

Of course, he can now afford to pay off the women and try to bury the complaints of sexual assault, attempted sexual assault, exposing himself, ejaculating on the women, etc., etc.
Reply/Quote