Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl losers mind set
I really appreciate the work the front office and coaches have done to take advantage of free agency over the past three years. Three new starting OL FAs the first week of free agency would have been unheard of four years ago. I still thought it was doubtful this year, but seeing is believing. And kudos to ownership for finally making this change for the better.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 03:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I really appreciate the work the front office and coaches have done to take advantage of free agency over the past three years. Three  new starting OL FAs the first week of free agency would have been unheard of four years ago. I still thought it was doubtful this year, but seeing is believing. And kudos to ownership for finally making this change for the better.

Well said. I know some thought we should of hit the OL first but we went the other way and built the DL first and now was the time 
for the trenches on the Offensive side to be fortified, cannot do it all in one offseason. Took a bit but it is obviously paying off now
and the FO made the right moves to keep it paying off with young, proven vets.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: a Lot of that is do to Superbowl rosters and staffs usually get picked over and yanked apart if available.    

SB teams lose coordinators and players as other teams want that success.

A lot of a superbowl run just comes down to timing of when everything hits off.

This is true. I do think the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls, lost them all. It was a Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas team that had a great nucleus, so yes exception in history. In recent history (past 20 years), it has been hard for the losing SB team to get back and in some cases to make the playoffs.

I hope we are the Bills version, but get there and win them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is there a way for the league to fine Watson a large amount in addition to a season-long suspension to circumvent Cleveland's circumvention? 

I don't think there is a way. If he is suspended, I think he loses around $60,000 a game versus millions per game. I have a hunch the league is not happy. If they were thinking 6 games, maybe now they suspend for 2022 and then decide if they are going to reinstate him some time in 2023.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This is true. I do think the Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls, lost them all. It was a Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas team that had a great nucleus, so yes exception in history. In recent history (past 20 years), it has been hard for the losing SB team to get back and in some cases to make the playoffs.

I hope we are the Bills version, but get there and win them.

Well, we sure made the effort to get back. We are loaded in the trenches now after this FA...

Cappa, Karras, Collins, BJ Hill and can add more to both the OL and DL. We were very good at stopping the run in the postseason
with Reader and BJ Hill and this should continue into our next season if these guys can stay healthy and our young pups can grow
into solid backups behind them in a rotation. Our OL should be so much better in run blocking with these additions.

Stop the run, run the ball. Love this mindset. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Over the years, a lot of Super Bowl losers spent so much energy getting to the Super Bowl, but lost. The following year some struggled to make the playoffs.

I don't like making predictions because injuries at key spots can destroy predictions, but our team seems to have gone from hungry in 2021 to starving in 2022. They want to eat and regardless of the 2022 outcome, the FO has done a phenomenal job in FA. FA is not over, the draft is yet to come, but I am confident in the FO more now than I have ever been.

What is your take of our FO's reaction to losing the Super Bowl by 3 points to a team that went all in, adding key pieces after the season started.

Feel like the pass pro will be good but just as excited to see how cappa and Karras perform in Pollacks zone and I'm looking for some big plays outta Mixon and the run game.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, we sure made the effort to get back. We are loaded in the trenches now after this FA...

Cappa, Karras, Collins, BJ Hill and can add more to both the OL and DL. We were very good at stopping the run in the postseason
with Reader and BJ Hill and this should continue into our next season if these guys can stay healthy and our young pups can grow
into solid backups behind them in a rotation
. Our OL should be so much better in run blocking with these additions.

Stop the run, run the ball. Love this mindset. 

I love it when fans don't Pidgeon hole young players who are learning regardless of if they are a FA or drafted in round #2 their first 2 or 3 years.

Players to grow and get better, I am hopeful all of these FA signings will make those falling in the depth chart to get better, not worse. Their next pay day depends upon it.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:06 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote:
Feel like the pass pro will be good
but just as excited to see how cappa and Karras perform in Pollacks zone and I'm looking for some big plays outta Mixon and the run game.

I am hoping it opens up the play book, tough to call plays knowing a DL will be in JB's face within 2 seconds. They give him a clean pocket with our talented receivers and they will have time to get open creating a nightmare for opposing defenses. Also, play action passing becomes more potent if we can run the ball a lot better. I would love to see Boomer Esiason work with Burrow on play action fakes, he was awesome.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: ...and Ogunjobi being their only real losses. 

But Ogunjobi failed his Bears physical, so they declined to sign him... he is still a Bengal, as of right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:59 PM)Tomkat Wrote: But Ogunjobi failed his Bears physical, so they declined to sign him... he is still a Bengal, as of right now.

No he still a FA, we did not trade him

Reply/Quote
It would be exhausting to think of all you went through last year and know you have to do it all over again.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Raiders or Chiefs now look to be the teams that might fall off after both making the Playoffs last season and losing to us.

I could see the Broncos and Chargers both being formidable with Russell Wilson going to the Broncos and the Chargers moves 
on Defense with Herbert and their Offense. That is a damn tough Division though now. Glad we played them last year.

and definitely the Bills as well

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:06 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Feel like the pass pro will be good but just as excited to see how cappa and Karras perform in Pollacks zone and I'm looking for some big plays outta Mixon and the run game.

Agree completely and Mixon running wild will open everything up

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: and definitely the Bills as well

Oh yeah, I was just talking about the AFC West but the Bills are the main team we need to prove we can beat.

I think we can with our upgraded OL now, but would love to see it. The Bills are great when they are on top of their game.

Their Defense certainly wasn't up to the Mahomes/Kelce/Hill task the last time they played. Ours was.
Reply/Quote
I was surprised to check Vegas odds for the next Super Bowl and see that the Bengals are only 12th. After being in the big game last year and making all these moves, I though the Bengals might be in the top 5. But Vegas has the Bengals even behind the Browns and Ravens and nine other teams.

I guess the feeling is that the Bengals being in the Super Bowl last year was a fluke.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Oh yeah, I was just talking about the AFC West but the Bills are the main team we need to prove we can beat.

I think we can with our upgraded OL now, but would love to see it. The Bills are great when they are on top of their game.

Their Defense certainly wasn't up to the Mahomes/Kelce/Hill task the last time they played. Ours was.

Agree and think you are "spot on" on the teams to beat and the ones falling

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was surprised to check Vegas odds for the next Super Bowl and see that the Bengals are only 12th. After being in the big game last year and making all these moves, I though the Bengals might be in the top 5. But Vegas has the Bengals even behind the Browns and Ravens and nine other teams.

I guess the feeling is that the Bengals being in the Super Bowl last year was a fluke.

Thats a mistake on their part and the Bengals should be in top 6  would think with the O-line now being improved, coaching staff intact, and most of the starters as well. 

Not to mention adding Ossai to the defense. 

We have a much better chance this year than last, but of course we were a long shot last year. 

If Bengals were in the NFC I would almost pencil them in the SB.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thats a mistake on their part and the Bengals should be in top 6  would think with the O-line now being improved, coaching staff intact, and most of the starters as well. 

Not to mention adding Ossai to the defense. 

We have a much better chance this year than last, but of course we were a long shot last year. 

If Bengals were in the NFC I would almost pencil them in the SB.  

Its alright. They never learn it seems. Keep underestimating us. We were a play away from beating the team that went all in to 
win it the last game we played and now our OL our only weakness was upgraded more than I could ever imagine. Bout to take 
the NFL by storm for real this time. I would bet on it. I don't know of a team besides MAYBE the Bills that can beat us.

They better be on their game though like we said or they could get shellacked with this Offense, Defense and ST's...

The OL was the missing piece, if they are healthy, I don't know how we lose with Burrow and our 2 other phases.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:39 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was surprised to check Vegas odds for the next Super Bowl and see that the Bengals are only 12th. After being in the big game last year and making all these moves, I though the Bengals might be in the top 5. But Vegas has the Bengals even behind the Browns and Ravens and nine other teams.

Maybe the board can do a collection and place a big wager on the Bengals to make the Super Bowl. Sounds like we could get some great odds.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Cleveland browns front office believes he's going to miss some games. That's why they lowered his salary for the first year, at least in a contract structure.

They lowered his salary his first year because of the lawsuits against him.  Cleveland, like Ohio in general are full of racists.  The biggest chapter of the kkk is in Middletown, OH.  Black man with 22 civil cases against him for sexual imposition on mainly white trash women, has no chance to succeed in OH.  Idiotic move by Cleveland’s front office.
Rothlisberger had more serious charges against him, but the fans in Shitsburgh, embraced him because he was one of their own.
Reply/Quote