Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supposedly we're targeting LB Brandon Marshall
Preliminary...but we're 1 of 5 teams interested in him.

Cardinals, Chargers, Ravens, Jets, and Bengals. I'm guessing the Jets are out.

He's 29 years old. He had a down year last year, but the year before had 106 Tackles.

He plays ILB so that may mean we'd move on from Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Preliminary...but we're 1 of 5 teams interested in him.

Cardinals, Chargers, Ravens, Jets, and Bengals. I'm guessing the Jets are out.

He's 29 years old. He had a down year last year, but the year before had 106 Tackles.

He plays ILB so that may mean we'd move on from Burfict.

Burfict plays WLB for us  was forced to the middle due to injuries
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be opposed to Marshall, he's not Mosley but he has to be better than Nickerson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burfict plays WLB for us  was forced to the middle due to injuries

I think moving him back would be a good move.

I think that IF we could get Marshall, it's a good move.

Anyone hear any news on Jordan Hicks? Or LJ Fort?
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a Bengals kind of FA. Cut by former team, wouldn't count against the 5th-6th round compensatory pick we'd get from Kroft leaving.

Sign him then trade a late rounder for Darron Lee. Boom. Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think moving him back would be a good move.

I think that IF we could get Marshall, it's a good move.

Anyone hear any news on Jordan Hicks? Or LJ Fort?

Hicks to AZ, 4 years for $36 mill. $20 mill guaranteed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to Marshall, he's not Mosley but he has to be better than Nickerson.

He won't cost 17 Million a year either. This is an okay option, but I seriously would have preferred Hicks at the deal he got.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wouldn't be opposed to Marshall, he's not Mosley but he has to be better than Nickerson.

He'd be a huge upgrade to Nickerson, IF HEALTHY.

64.2 PFF grade. #48 LB ranking.

Not great, but maybe slightly above average.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hicks to AZ, 4 years for $36 mill. $20 mill guaranteed.

That's slightly high, but not that bad for Hicks. When I say slightly high, I thought he'd get $8 million a year.

I would have rather given him the contract than Hart and then drafted a RT. Signed Andre Smith as the backup.

I assume Fort gets $5-6 million a year.
Reply/Quote
Don't worry, the Bengals will get Jordan Hicks after this 4-year deal is over.
He'll be 30 by then, but that will help in getting him for a "hometown discount."
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
29 years old 6’1 250 lbs. Dont know much about him , can this guy cover ? I want young 3 down linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:13 PM)lone bengal Wrote: 29 years old 6’1 250 lbs.  Dont know much about him , can this guy cover ? I want young 3 down linebackers.

Honestly, with 5 teams in on him...I have no clue if we can add him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:13 PM)lone bengal Wrote: 29 years old 6’1 250 lbs.  Dont know much about him , can this guy cover ? I want young 3 down linebackers.

6'1", 250 doesn't exactly scream speed guy.  But I don't really know much about him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals should be talking to the Jets. They want to get rid of Darron Lee and it shouldn't take much to get him.
Reply/Quote
Here is his scouting report:

Marshall, a former fifth-round pick out of Nevada – Reno, will join a relatively weak free agent linebacker class if he is indeed pushed out of Denver. Only four linebackers (Jordan Hicks, C.J. Mosely, Anthony Barr, K.J. Wright) made our list of the top-50 free agents in 2019 prior to the Marshall news.

After earning 74.8-plus overall grades in each of the three seasons following his rookie campaign (2014-16), Marshall dropped quite a bit in our grading system. He earned just a 61.8 overall grade across his 910 defensive snaps in 2017 and another low mark (64.2) in his injury-plagued 2018 season.

Marshall’s drop-off is tied to an increase in missed tackles and poorer play in coverage. After missing just 14 tackles in his three peak seasons (2014-17), he missed 18 in the following two seasons combined. He also allowed a career-high 115.2 passer rating when targeted in 2017 and a career-high 12.1 yards allowed per reception allowed in 2018.

Returning to his previously dominant form will call for better tackling and tighter coverage from the 29-year-old veteran. When he earned a career-high overall grade (77.8) in 2014, Marshall allowed just 7.2 yards per reception allowed and an 86.1 passer rating when targeted. He also logged a career-high five pass breakups and missed only four tackles on the year.

Marshall is more than capable of stepping in as an immediate upgrade at off-ball linebacker for several teams in the NFL, but improvement in his key problem areas and a clean bill of health will need to follow him to his new landing spot if that is going to be the case.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-broncos-expected-to-push-lb-brandon-marshall-into-free-agency-in-2019
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:16 PM)McC Wrote: 6'1", 250 doesn't exactly scream speed guy.  But I don't really know much about him.

Slow but good instincts have helped him compensate. He's more of a traditional MIKE, not a speed guy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:18 PM)MentalRage Wrote: The Bengals should be talking to the Jets. They want to get rid of Darron Lee and it shouldn't take much to get him.
Is he the guy who was supposed to be the next Shazier but never quite got there?  He does have the speed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: Is he the guy who was supposed to be the next Shazier but never quite got there?  He does have the speed.

That's the guy. As a 4-3 Will playing the backside I think he can actually be something. I'd make that deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: Is he the guy who was supposed to be the next Shazier but never quite got there?  He does have the speed.

Yeah, he played QB in HS (I watched him play in New Albany) and didn't become a LB until OSU. Dude still has lots to learn about being an LB.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote