Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sweating " bullets
(04-04-2024, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: So here is what is funny, Sweat's actual athletic testing numbers are really good when adjusting for size. He is significantly larger than most NT's but hit the prerequisites for explosiveness crushed all the timed drills by a fair amount according to Kent Platte (Math Bomb). I think people sometimes have a hard time contextualizing his performance because they look at DT as one position when it really isn't. He is a great athlete for the position at his size and I think he makes a ton of sense in the 2nd, I just have concerns at 18. Now If you told me we went back to the mid 20's and got another 3rd? Yea, I'd be game.

At 366 there aren't many guys to compare too so we have to look at guys like Vita Vea and Haloti Ngata. When compared to them Sweats testing was average which matches his tape. He is not an explosive guy which is fine for who he is... 

Fabien Lovett is another NT I like. He kinda dropped down boards after weighing in light during the Shrine Bowl but was back up closer to his playing weight for thr combine around 320. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 08:29 AM)Synric Wrote: At 366 there aren't many guys to compare too so we have to look at guys like Vita Vea and Haloti Ngata. When compared to them Sweats testing was average which matches his tape. He is not an explosive guy which is fine for who he is... 

Fabien Lovett is another NT I like. He kinda dropped down boards after weighing in light during the Shrine Bowl but was back up closer to his playing weight for thr combine around 320. 

Platte used anyone over 330 ish and he was good when compared to the historical data there. Those guys you named were spectacular and the true generational freaks.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 10:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Platte used anyone over 330 ish and he was good when compared to the historical data there. Those guys you named were spectacular and the true generational freaks.

Vea and Ngata were more above average Dexter Lawrence was a generational tester if we are going to use the tag. Sweat is average in the explosiveness slice of the pie but that's not what makes him special that's his size strength and how gracefully he moves laterally.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 08:29 AM)Synric Wrote: At 366 there aren't many guys to compare too so we have to look at guys like Vita Vea and Haloti Ngata. When compared to them Sweats testing was average which matches his tape. He is not an explosive guy which is fine for who he is... 

Wow, being average compared to Ngata who used to be a Rugby player is not a bad thing lol

Thanks on Lovett, now I will put him in my thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, being average compared to Ngata who used to be a Rugby player is not a bad thing lol

Thanks on Lovett, now I will put him in my thoughts.

Well, looks like no worries now about him being available at pick 49...DWI , took a page right out of the marvin lewis pick me draft strategy
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39895470/ex-texas-longhorns-dl-tvondre-sweat-arrested-dwi
Reply/Quote
I was told by a guy I’ve known who’s an area scout for an NFC team they just pulled him off their board after this DUI. Not because the DUI but because during the interviews they asked him about his partying as an underclassman and he said it was behind him.I wonder if other teams follow that logic
Reply/Quote
How dumb do you have to be to drink and drive, let alone to drink and drive the same month as the NFL Draft? I guess on the bright side, Sweat will slide in the draft and if you burn a pick on him, it won't be a 2nd round pick. Even in the 3rd or 4th, do you take a chance on a player that uses a total lack of judgment in one of the most crucial moments of their career?
Reply/Quote
Can the NFL suspend him? Not a good look for his already shaky character questions.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Obviously, we need to wait for more details. but this damn sure doesn't look good. "Luckily, we and he (maybe) have about 3 weeks to get the whole story.

I see him going to Philly in the 3rd.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 08:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Can the NFL suspend him? Not a good look for his already shaky character questions.

Nope. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: So here is what is funny, Sweat's actual athletic testing numbers are really good when adjusting for size. He is significantly larger than most NT's but hit the prerequisites for explosiveness crushed all the timed drills by a fair amount according to Kent Platte (Math Bomb). I think people sometimes have a hard time contextualizing his performance because they look at DT as one position when it really isn't. He is a great athlete for the position at his size and I think he makes a ton of sense in the 2nd, I just have concerns at 18. Now If you told me we went back to the mid 20's and got another 3rd? Yea, I'd be game.

Sweat knowing the draft is so close blew it. But they may look at a true NT for situational duty in later rounds but Rankins and Hill are your DT’s
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The plot thickens...
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 08:52 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Sweat knowing the draft is so close blew it. But they may look at a true NT for situational duty in later rounds but Rankins and Hill are your DT’s

I can say for 100% fact they are kicking the tires on them much earlier. Will they take one? Who knows, we thought they’d take a TE last year. I can say the guy I mentioned earlier who said his team took Sweat off the board after the DUI is looking for a NT and said the Bengals have done homework on many of the same guys they have in the day 2 range.
Reply/Quote
Carter slid last year for off field stuff that resulted in a fatality.

And then just was dominant.

Until we know the details, I cannot say how much he will slide.

It will be some. I think #49 could get him now for sure. Maybe #80 or #97.

I still love McKinley Jackson. But neither is gonna, be DJ Reader.

Higgins to Giants for Lawrence. It lets them take McCarthy & gives him a #1.

We could trade down, take Thomas to fill Tee's shoes, or Bowers. Or Coleman later. Or go trenches.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 07:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: I was told by a guy I’ve known who’s an area scout for an NFC team they just pulled him off their board after this DUI. Not because the DUI but because during the interviews they asked him about his partying as an underclassman and he said it was behind him.I wonder if other teams follow that logic

I'd still take him in Rd2. We all know people that have a DUI in their past. Not really the harden criminal.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 08:52 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Sweat knowing the draft is so close blew it. But they may look at a true NT for situational duty in later rounds but Rankins and Hill are your DT’s

Yeah, less than 3 weeks from the draft and getting a DUI? Wow. I would have to believe Sweat's draft stock will take a tumble. He already had a knock for his lack of conditioning. Watching him in the playoff game on the side, on obvious runs plays, because he needed to catch his wind was disconcerting. 

I have to believe Seat will now be there when the Bengals draft in the 2nd round, and the question is whether they take him or try to get McKinley Jackson in the 3rd. But Jackson may go up the board with Sweat's being arrested for DUI.
Reply/Quote
He already had weight issues, character, motor issues. Now a dui. I think he’s off the bengals board. Someone will take him, probably 4th.

There’s always someone who drops a ton and I thought it would be sweat. Now for sure it’s sweat.
Reply/Quote
This is like when Virginia went down as a 1 seed and blew upbeveryones bracket, in this case 60% of every mock's 2nd round pick for Cincy.

I guess it's better off now than a week after the draft. Cincy does need help now at NT so I'm sure they're trying to line up contingencies hopefully in trading a mid round pick for a solid vet or 5th or 6th for a rental.
Reply/Quote
Sweat made a very bad decision to drive. As for getting drunk, he is a 22-year-old and my guess many draft picks party.

He can redeem himself by getting in this best shape in his life. He will get an opportunity, my guess he still goes to someone (maybe us) un round 3. in our case, if Murphy is there at 18, we may draft him. If so, he would be off our board unless he is still sitting there maybe in round 5.

But, my hope is Thomas is there at pick 18.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2024, 09:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I can say for 100% fact they are kicking the tires on them much earlier. Will they take one? Who knows, we thought they’d take a TE last year. I can say the guy I mentioned earlier who said his team took Sweat off the board after the DUI is looking for a NT and said the Bengals have done homework on many of the same guys they have in the day 2 range.

Oh if someone’s there at 49 sure. But boy the draft is short of NT’s. Last year I knew they weren’t looking at TE in round 1 but boy they liked La Porta in 2. They didn’t like the ND kid Mayer period. They liked Kincaid don’t know if they’d drafted him at 1. So I look for a NT later due to scareness
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote