Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sweating " bullets

this is the segment Chris Sims did Sweat, I agree with almost everything he has said. I had him as a 3rd round guy who was getting pushed up because of need, but the motivation and character concerns are a very real issue. I need to go back to watch more games, but I think this could be one of those situations where Murphy was so good that he made Sweat look better. Im getting the vibes that this guy is just a giant fat soft dude who likes football because it makes him popular and can give him some money, but he will be out of the league in 4 years because when life gets hard he will take the easy route.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:45 AM)kalibengal Wrote: As we get closer to draft days , the obvious hole at NT we need to fill has me getting nervous. I keep seeing Sweat being ranked in the 25 to 40 range which puts him out of reach at pick #49. I hope they can swing a trade to get us in that range to grab him....after him its really one other guy : Jackson who is hard to tell about where he may get picked (rounds 3 to 5?) . What happens if they whiff completely in draft? Any potential trade targets or late cuts out there?
I have a bad feeling that one of the AFC N rivals will draft Sweat or Jackson.

Im not as worried as you, for a few reason, we don't play a true NT since we play a 4 front so yes #1 would be that NT but Hill played the NT tech last year and with addition of Rankins a more #3 tech he will get more snaps there this year I don't think Sweat is that great of a player to trade that far up for, im sure the Bengals have a plan outside of just Sweat on their board and/or with what they have in reserve now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 07:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was more than "a bag of weed", but I get why you're making less of it. 

How much is 4-200 grams again? Is this meaning he had 4 bags of weed?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How much is 4-200 grams again? Is this meaning he had 4 bags of weed?

800 grams. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 800 grams. 

lol

I know that ha ha

I am used to ounces honestly, haven't measured in grams since High School.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: lol

I know that ha ha

I am used to ounces honestly, haven't measured in grams since High School.

There's most likely a reason why the "controlled Substance" weight was given in grams and the weed was given in ounces. Ima go with because the controlled substance (felony charge) was not weed.

I remember from High School (not math class) that there are 17 ounces in a pound and .5 ounce was a nickle. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's most likely a reason why the "controlled Substance" weight was given in grams and the weed was given in ounces. Ima go with because the controlled substance (felony charge) was not weed.

I remember from High School (not math class) that there are 17 ounces in a pound and .5 ounce was a nickle. 

Makes sense. Okay, fair enough, you won this argument. McKinnley ain't no angel that is for sure.

Honestly, draft Byron Murphy and he kills 2 birds with 1 stone. He can play NT or 3-tech.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2024, 08:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes sense. Okay, fair enough, you won this argument. McKinnley ain't no angel that is for sure.

Honestly, draft Byron Murphy and he kills 2 birds with 1 stone. He can play NT or 3-tech.

Murphy isn't going to playing much NT in the pros at 297 pounds.  

Something folks may not want to accept, but could very easily be true is that after the Sweat DUI, there simply may not be a NT in this class worth a Top 100 pick.  
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2024, 12:16 AM)Whatever Wrote: Murphy isn't going to playing much NT in the pros at 297 pounds.  

Something folks may not want to accept, but could very easily be true is that after the Sweat DUI, there simply may not be a NT in this class worth a Top 100 pick.  

Disagree with Murphy, I think if anything he made Sweat look better than he actually is. Murphy played NT more than Sweat did in that
Defense and was the better run stopper and the better penetrator. Size isn't everything, it is the fight in the dog. But yeah, after Murphy
it should be a long time before we see a NT taken and we might be the first team to do it, or we might simply be waiting on cuts for both
NT and Corner for all we know.
Reply/Quote