Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swedish asylum worker stabbed to death
(01-26-2016, 05:14 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Wait, are you people saying we should change our rules, laws and regulations to accommodate refugees?

Of course not.  Nor should we hold all of "them" responsible for what one of them does.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: enabler.png]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
GMDi Wrote:No, no...it IS your standards.

One commits a horrific crime and you are all over "them".  One does something good and you say there is not enough of those.

It is your personal bias.

For a guy who watches my every post you sure as heck don't pay attention to them.

Treating women with respect is a western standard. Not a Lucie only standard.

Not physically attacking people for not being your chosen religion is a western standard .... Not a Lucie only standard.

Using cleanliness standards like not popping in public is a western standard ..... Not a Lucie only standard .

Not raping women & children is a western standard. .... Not a Lucie only standard.

There is no personal bias . I gave them credit for doing what they are supposed to do.... However we shouldn't need to be tossing around atta boys for acting like a civilized person.
GMDi Wrote:Of course not.  Nor should we hold all of "them" responsible for what one of them does.

The Vast majority of them are In over their heads in the western world. It's like tossing someone who can't swim into the deep water of the ocean.

European politicians are actually doing them more harm than good by accepting them at all. Now they will always be stigmatized and no one will accept them. Which will lead to more violence from all sides.

This will be the issue that puts Europe at war once again.
(01-26-2016, 07:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: For a guy who watches my every post you sure as heck don't pay attention to them.  

Treating women with respect is a western standard.   Not a Lucie only standard.    

Not physically attacking people for not being your chosen religion is a western standard .... Not a Lucie only standard.  

Using cleanliness standards like not popping in public is a western standard ..... Not a Lucie only standard .  

Not raping women & children is a western standard.  .... Not a Lucie only standard.  

There is no personal bias .   I gave them credit for doing what they are supposed to do....  However we shouldn't need to be tossing around atta boys for acting like a civilized person.

(01-26-2016, 07:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The Vast majority of them are In over their heads in the western world.   It's like tossing someone who can't swim into the deep water of the ocean.  

European politicians are actually doing them more harm than good by accepting them at all.  Now they will always be stigmatized and no one will accept them.   Which will lead to more violence from all sides.    

This will be the issue that puts Europe at war once again.

All of this...every word is your opinion.  You have an opinion.

That is all.

And that opinion is based on your biases.

Every time you ignore a good story to say how "the majority" or "they" are not fit to live with decent westerners?  That is an opinion.  Not a fact based on anything other than what is already your decided opinion.

Opinion.

You don't have "A" fact about it...you have your opinions.

Over and over you have chosen to state your opinion that "those people" cannot fit in in the west so we should shun them and forbid them from ever trying.  

Opinion.

When confronted with facts that go AGAINST you opinions in other posts you just ignore them because you don't care about anything OTHER than your opinion.

Now, tell me I don't have to click on your posts or read or respond...again.

Oh, that is is your opinion too.

Clear?

Rock On
GMDi Wrote:All of this...every word is your opinion.  You have an opinion.

That is all.

And that opinion is based on your biases.

Every time you ignore a good story to say how "the majority" or "they" are not fit to live with decent westerners?  That is an opinion.  Not a fact based on anything other than what is already your decided opinion.

Opinion.

You don't have "A" fact about it...you have your opinions.

Over and over you have chosen to state your opinion that "those people" cannot fit in in the west so we should shun them and forbid them from ever trying.  

Opinion.

When confronted with facts that go AGAINST you opinions in other posts you just ignore them because you don't care about anything OTHER than your opinion.

Now, tell me I don't have to click on your posts or read or respond...again.

Oh, that is is your opinion too.

Clear?

Rock On

Oh so western civilization favors treating women as less than men.

The west must be in favor of having sex with children as well.

And the west also supports taking a dump in anywhere but the toilet .

Because if according to you what I said was an opinion then the opposite must be even partially true.

Or maybe you just quoted and posted too quickly before you could actually think about what you say.
(01-26-2016, 11:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh so western civilization favors treating women as less than men.    

The west must be in favor of having sex with children as well.  

And the west also supports taking a dump in anywhere but the toilet .    

Because if according to you what I said was an opinion then the opposite must be even partially true.      

Or maybe you just quoted and posted too quickly before you could actually think about what you say.

Or maybe its just your opinion that those things only happen where the savages live.

Or maybe its because your opinion is that those things would not happen in the civilized west.

Or maybe its just your opinion.

I'd go on but you'll run to complain that you are being singled out...and anything else I could say about your "opinion" will probably get me banned.

Rock On
(01-26-2016, 11:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or maybe its just your opinion that those things only happen where the savages live.

Or maybe its because your opinion is that those things would not happen in the civilized west.

Or maybe its just your opinion.

I'd go on but you'll run to complain that you are being singled out...and anything else I could say about your "opinion" will probably get me banned.

Rock On

Is it his opinion that women are stoned only where these savages live?
Marriage to children an opinion?

Fathers murdering young girls because they somehow lost their virginity?
Gays being tossed atop buildings?

The Imam in Cologne explaining away the 500 sexual assaults by Muslim men because women were wearing perfume and not dressed properly?

This stuff happens here? What the **** is the matter with you? It doesn't register that this behavior is ingrained within an entire culture? it's part of their ideology, their religion.

Ill tell you when this kind of behavior happens here in the USA, when its done by Muslims.

In St. Louis a father stabs his daughter to death while the mother holds her down.
Her crime was being a teenager.

Do you know you are going to die tonight?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/justice-story/justice-story-honor-killing-article-1.1510125
(01-27-2016, 12:24 AM)Vlad Wrote: Is it his opinion that women are stoned only where these savages live?
Marriage to children an opinion?

Fathers murdering young girls because they somehow lost their virginity?
Gays being tossed atop buildings?

The Imam in Cologne explaining away the 500 sexual assaults by Muslim men because women were wearing perfume and not dressed properly?

This stuff happens here? What the **** is the matter with you? It doesn't register that this behavior is ingrained within an entire culture? it's part of their ideology, their religion.

Ill tell you when this kind of behavior happens here in the USA, when its done by Muslims.

In St. Louis a father stabs his daughter to death while the mother holds her down.
Her crime was being a teenager.

Do you know you are going to die tonight?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/justice-story/justice-story-honor-killing-article-1.1510125

I am about to go to bed and don't care enough to really dig on the others, but you might want to remove child marriages from your list. There are quite a few of those every year in the U.S.
(01-27-2016, 12:24 AM)Vlad Wrote:  This stuff happens here? What the **** is the matter with you? It doesn't register that this behavior is ingrained within an entire culture? it's part of their ideology, their religion.

Each day three women die in the US die from domestic violence. We have rampant sexual abuse of women and children. We have horrible rates of violent crime, substance abuse and sexual assaults.

....But it's all just their culture?

The majority of Muslims condemn violence and all the actions you mention.

... But it's their religion?

I don't think there will be a good deal of peace between any two large groups, be it based off religion, ethnicity, income levels or whatever else we decide separates us. But it's a good goal to work towards. Ignorant, scared statements like yours do not move any closer to that goal.
(01-27-2016, 12:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am about to go to bed and don't care enough to really dig on the others, but you might want to remove child marriages from your list. There are quite a few of those every year in the U.S.

Not true.
There is not a single child under the age of 12 that is married here in the US (youngest age on record is 13), and I can point out girls that were aged between 4-11 years old that were married off in other countries. Can you provide any for the US?
(01-27-2016, 03:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not true.
There is not a single child under the age of 12 that is married here in the US (youngest age on record is 13), and I can point out girls that were aged between 4-11 years old that were married off in other countries. Can you provide any for the US?

Since when is 13 not a child? You are now trying to move the goalposts for your argument. Child marriages happen here in the U.S., and they happen against the will of the child as well.

Edit: FYI, marriage age floor in U.S. is MA at 12 for women. That being said, I read a recent article where they discussed how in New Jersey a judge can override the minimum age on a case by case basis, and it has been done rather arbitrarily.
(01-27-2016, 03:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not true.

You are asserting a 13 y/o isn't a child?
Here is one of the stories I had read recently. http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/10/28/452540839/children-get-married-in-the-u-s-too-15girls
(01-27-2016, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Since when is 13 not a child? You are now trying to move the goalposts for your argument. Child marriages happen here in the U.S., and they happen against the will of the child as well.

Edit: FYI, marriage age floor in U.S. is MA at 12 for women. That being said, I read a recent article where they discussed how in New Jersey a judge can override the minimum age on a case by case basis, and it has been done rather arbitrarily.

(01-27-2016, 03:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You are asserting a 13 y/o isn't a child?

yes, by definition. 13 and up is classified as a teenager and those would be classified as teen-age brides, not child brides.

(01-27-2016, 03:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Here is one of the stories I had read recently. http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/10/28/452540839/children-get-married-in-the-u-s-too-15girls

I can't seem to locate it right now. But there is a record of all marriages in the US broken down by ages, there is very few that are below 15 years of age. Even in the link you provided they were mostly 15 and up, with a few instances of 10+ which I'm not sure how they can legally marry in the US, they must be immigrants and promised to someone in another country to be used for a VISA.

http://www.tahirih.org/pubs/forced-marriage-in-immigrant-communities-in-the-united-states/

I'm still trying to find examples of pre-teens that are being married to USC's.
I might have to go state by state again Sad
(01-27-2016, 09:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: yes, by definition. 13 and up is classified as a teenager and those would be classified as teen-age brides, not child brides

Everywhere I look classifies a bride under 18 as a child bride.
Just think if I didn't throw child marriage in there, you self loathing white people wouldn't have anything to cherry pick.

The point is we frown upon this as a culture, they do not.
Keep reaching.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1099447/Saudi-court-tells-girl-aged-EIGHT-divorce-husband-50-years-senior.html
(01-28-2016, 07:12 AM)Vlad Wrote: Just think ...

And if you followed your own advice we could have a legitimate discussion....
(01-28-2016, 07:12 AM)Vlad Wrote: Just think if I didn't throw child marriage in there, you self loathing white people wouldn't have anything to cherry pick.

The point is we frown upon this as a culture, they do not.
Keep reaching.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1099447/Saudi-court-tells-girl-aged-EIGHT-divorce-husband-50-years-senior.html

I could have argued in more detail against your post and discussed each one of your points at length. My time on this board has proven to me that doing so is a waste of time, though. Unless I have the information at the forefront of my mind I am not going to address specific points here anymore. It's an exercise in futility to make any attempt to have an actual informed debate on these boards. Even just on this brief and shallow exchange there was a fallacious argument used in an attempt to counter a solid point.

No thanks. I am not self loathing because I have love for the whole world, including myself, because that is what Jesus has taught me to do.
(01-28-2016, 08:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I could have argued in more detail against your post and discussed each one of your points at length. My time on this board has proven to me that doing so is a waste of time, though. Unless I have the information at the forefront of my mind I am not going to address specific points here anymore. It's an exercise in futility to make any attempt to have an actual informed debate on these boards. Even just on this brief and shallow exchange there was a fallacious argument used in an attempt to counter a solid point.

No thanks. I am not self loathing because I have love for the whole world, including myself, because that is what Jesus has taught me to do.

Oh but it's ok for you to get technical on people about definitions of words or their use of pronouns, but not when it's used against you?
I seem to recall you correcting people about the proper age group that is associated to the use of the word pedophile.

teen·ag·er
a person aged from 13 to 19 years.

child

a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

Massachusetts Legal age for marriage with parent consent is 12, NH is 13, TX is 14, everyone else is 15 and up, or in cases younger than that age has to be decided in court. 

However, you continually miss the point, we are not a perfect society, but as a whole, we are pretty much against child marriages and even early teenage marriages. It is not a normal part of our society. Our problem currently is that our laws are not setup to deal with "Forced Marriages", that was not something that happened with a high enough frequency in our past, so it was never really truly addressed thru laws and legislation. There has been more laws recently trying to address it and I'm sure there will be more coming.