Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Switch Tackles & Draft C
First I’m not hating the players at all. I just want to know with the amount of plays we run in shotgun, if it would make more sense to put Trent at LT & Orlando at RT. Also draft a C high and move Karras to LG. If you don’t agree with the tackle switch, that’s fine. I just think Karras ( my favorite Bengal btw) plays better at G.

Thoughts….
Reply/Quote
Don't think OBJ wants to move to the right. Isn't that sort of why he left KC? They wanted him to move right and he feels he is a LT in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First I’m not hating the players at all. I just want to know with the amount of plays we run in shotgun, if it would make more sense to put Trent at LT & Orlando at RT. Also draft a C high and move Karras to LG. If you don’t agree with the tackle switch, that’s fine. I just think Karras ( my favorite Bengal btw) plays better at G.

Thoughts….

Which Center would you Draft and in what round ?

Then would you be expecting the Rookie Center to play right away ?    sign a Free Agent Center ?    use Trey Hill early on ?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: Which Center would you Draft and in what round ?

Then would you be expecting the Rookie Center to play right away ?    sign a Free Agent Center ?    use Trey Hill early on ?

Trey Hill is terrible should have already been cut.
Reply/Quote
tackle thing isnt happening, but Karras should be up for LG if bpa is center in rounds 2-7

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:31 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Don't think OBJ wants to move to the right. Isn't that sort of why he left KC? They wanted him to move right and he feels he is a LT in the NFL.

Yes, that is exactly why he left KC and signed with the Bengals.  I dont know why some of our fans keep bringing up moving Brown to RT as if they are completely unaware of the reason he signed with the Bengals in the first place.  Orlando Brown will not play RT for the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Yes, that is exactly why he left KC and signed with the Bengals.  I dont know why some of our fans keep bringing up moving Brown to RT as if they are completely unaware of the reason he signed with the Bengals in the first place.  Orlando Brown will not play RT for the Bengals

He did leave KC because of it and we agreed to play him at LT, but even before all of this he left Baltimore because he didn't want to play RT. 

The truth is, he is likely an elite RT but refuses to play there.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:53 PM)pulses Wrote: Trey Hill is terrible should have already been cut.

It was a question to the OP.  (not a suggestion)   
Reply/Quote
In my opinion switching Tackles would be a terrible idea, one that would lead to nothing but strife and discontent from a player that the team is paying a lot of money to pay a specific position. And for what? To appease a one year rental guy that has trouble even staying on the field??

Now, part two of the OP's question makes good sense. With Karras on the final year of his contract, it would make perfect sense to draft his next in line to have on the team for a year to develop and learn the system and calls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 08:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He did leave KC because of it and we agreed to play him at LT, but even before all of this he left Baltimore because he didn't want to play RT. 

The truth is, he is likely an elite RT but refuses to play there.

I think he could be good at RT too but he has made it abundantly clear he will only play LT and we knew that when we signed him.  Im just amazed we still have fans saying Ive got an idea, lets move Orlando Brown to RT as if they are unaware of the whole situation.
Reply/Quote
I do not see a need to move either, but not opposed to a BPA of OT and C in the first, and the same in the second, though I love Sweat for D there.

That said, Burrow leads the franchise, so would love them going all out and having a "protect Joey B" draft.

sans my man crush on Sweat...
Reply/Quote
I don't know about switching the Browns, but Graham Barton is becoming an interesting prospect to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First I’m not hating the players at all. I just want to know with the amount of plays we run in shotgun, if it would make more sense to put Trent at LT & Orlando at RT. Also draft a C high and move Karras to LG. If you don’t agree with the tackle switch, that’s fine. I just think Karras ( my favorite Bengal btw) plays better at G.

Thoughts….

I’ve seen Karras pitched to guard and I think everyone would want that but not cuz Karras can’t play center but because Volson is so bad. But I’d rather just go guard like Ladarius Henderson or something in the 7th and have him and Volson fight for the spot
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 09:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't know about switching the Browns, but Graham Barton is becoming an interesting prospect to me.

How different is he than Jonah?
Reply/Quote

Thoughts….

Why would you switch the tackles?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: Which Center would you Draft and in what round ?

I really wanted Biadasz or Cushenberry. Liked both when they were coming into the league. This draft I would like Barton or Frazier. If we have to use the first or second pick so be it. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t most of the pressure the past few seasons come from up the middle?

Regarding the Browns. I dont care if the Browns switch. Was just curious since it seems Trent will do better protecting Joes blind side in the offense we run. I’m fine either way, just thought it would be an interesting conversation.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 09:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't know about switching the Browns, but Graham Barton is becoming an interesting prospect to me.

I am open to grabbing Barton in the first, he gives us complete flexibility if we are planning to draft IOL.
With Barton, if a C falls you can still get them, and move Barton to G, or if a good G falls, Barton can be the C. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 09:57 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: I’ve seen Karras pitched to guard and I think everyone would want that but not cuz Karras can’t play center but because Volson is so bad.  But I’d rather just go guard like Ladarius Henderson or something in the 7th and have him and Volson fight for the spot

This makes more sense. There is so much more to playing Center than just hiking the ball and blocking. Karras is good at making the line calls, and he and Joe already have the chemistry on the snap. If people want a new Left Guard (not sure that is happening) then just draft a guard.
Reply/Quote
I’d love to draft JPJ in the first. He’s a heck of a player.
Reply/Quote
AtoZ Sports Big Winner in FA. https://atozsports.com/cincinnati/bengals-winners-losers-free-agency-dax-hill-bj-hill-tee-higgins/
DT B.J. Hill: The best season of Hill's career came in 2021 when he had a capable running mate at 3-technique in Larry Ogunjobi. The duo helped spark a Bengals pass rush good enough to win the AFC North. What would happen if Hill was paired with an even better 3-tech? That's what the Bengals intend to find out with the signing of Sheldon Rankins.

Though he's not a one-for-one replacement for DJ Reader, Rankins will undoubtedly boost the Bengals' pass rush. His presence will keep Hill fresh throughout the season, which will have a positive impact on the soon-to-be 29-year old entering a contract year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote