Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Synric's 10,000th post. #FreeFredToast
What happened to FredToast.?
(01-23-2023, 12:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You're a good dude Synric. I remember when I was serving a year-long suspension handed out by the Man you supported me. If I recall you chose not to participate in the Board Mock because I was in Time Out.

WTS: I've "known" Fred (the persona) longer than anyone in this forum and I agree it should be something quite egregious to get him banned. BUT, he might not be celebrating the victory; he'd most likely call it a fluke

Nah I doubt Fred would say it was a fluke. He's not mulligan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Fred already. Sure he made that stupid post but we all know it was a joke even if it was a terrible one.

He hasn’t even logged in since October though how do we even know he’d realize he was unbanned.
#FreeFredToast
I know which post was the needle that broke the camal’s back so to say. He posted a meme that was ugly, nasty, and seriously offensive. The ban was a surprise but it was totally worthy of a suspension. However, I also don’t know what happened behind the scenes so cannot argue with admin’s decisions in this situation.

I do believe in 2nd chances but for all we know Fred was already on his 2nd or 3rd chance. I suspect Fred was given a lot of leeway and benefit of the doubt before it ever came to the ban. But if they decide to let him back in, I have no problem in giving him another shot

Oh and congrats on 10000!!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Fred's a troll and adds nothing of value.
Bans are stupid…especially when used as a tool for moderation on a sports team chat forum. I think any ban issued here is dumb and Fred should be unbanned.

-coming from someone that has Fred on his ignore list
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
I put my faith in the admin/mods. I enjoyed Fred's contrarian attitude, and often wished he were back, but the admin team does not need to share their decision-making process.

When captain John Harkes was kicked off the 1988 US World Cup team, the coach refused to say why. He received massive criticism for his decision for 12 years, enduring all kinds of ridicule. In 2010, the reason was finally revealed as Harkes was having an affair with the wife of a teammate. The coach would not tell anyone the reason out of respect for all the parties involved.

I'm not saying anything of the sort about Fred; what I am saying is that we should trust the administrators/moderators of Jungle Noise to do what they feel is best for the integrity of the board and we don't need to push for what transpired.
It is easy to support this board's ownership and admins. They don't overregulate posts and foster a great environment for talking Bengals football.

I support their decision to ban anyone who behaves with incivility toward others. A person's repeated impertinence on a forum that is meant to be about the fun of talking Bengals football is not needed.
I cant speak intelligently on this because I am not sure why he got banned. He could have threatened to kill someone for all I know.

That being said, love him or hate him, the guy gives the board character and it's not the same around here without him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
I trust the boards decision. It's pretty easy not to get suspended or banned here. When someone consistently is getting the ban hammer, and doesn't learn from it, then I do not feel the least bit sorry for them. Besides, he/S more than likely here as a different persona.
(01-23-2023, 12:37 AM)Synric Wrote: For my 10,000 post I wanted to do a post in JN promoting the TBB Draft Section with the East West Shrine and Senior Bowl games coming over the next week (and if the mods don't care I'll still do that) but I wanted shine spotlight on this TBB community.

I have been a member of this Bengals community for over a decade and loved every second. We have amazing members from the leadership down but one who doesn't get the credit he deserves is FredToast.

I understand Fred is banned and probably deserves it but he is a driving force on this board and he deserves to be celebrating an AFC Championship berth with the rest of us.

#FreeFredToast

PS: I've started a 100 threads here since 2015 and still have no idea how to start a poll lol.

Fred can be a first class toolbag, and rarely, if ever, has anything positive to say to other posters....just tries to make his cherry picking arguments seem like victories for some reason.  That being said, I do like having a wide variety of personalities on here and I agree that he has served his time.  Although, before I come out in support, I have no idea what got him banned.  
(01-23-2023, 01:28 AM)bengals73 Wrote: What happened to FredToast.?

Under the "Members" list at the top of your screen you'll see him as the first poster since he's made the most posts here. It shows him as "banned" stemming from something he did to not follow the forum rules. I do not know the specific details nor do I consider it my business.
(01-23-2023, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Fred can be a first class toolbag, and rarely, if ever, has anything positive to say to other posters....just tries to make his cherry picking arguments seem like victories for some reason.  That being said, I do like having a wide variety of personalities on here and I agree that he has served his time.  Although, before I come out in support, I have no idea what got him banned.  

He takes the opposite view on everything, even if logically/statistically it makes no sense. That is what drives me nuts about Fred. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(01-23-2023, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He takes the opposite view on everything, even if logically/statistically it makes no sense. That is what drives me nuts about Fred. 

There is a contrarian in every room.  Learning to deal with them will serve you well.  
(01-23-2023, 01:04 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: #FreeFredToast

Wow, is he in prison or something?  Ninja
(01-23-2023, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I trust the boards decision. It's pretty easy not to get suspended or banned here. When someone consistently is getting the ban hammer, and doesn't learn from it, then I do not feel the least bit sorry for them. Besides, he/S more than likely here as a different persona.

Yeah, I've wondered about that at times.  Every once in a while someone will say something and I'll think "that sounds like something Fred would say."  He was out here every day making multiple posts, and doing the same on the mothership before I ever joined.  I can't believe he'd be able to just cut all that from his life.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
We’re back in the AFC Championship game for the second straight year, why in the world are we talking about Fred Toast? :lol:

(01-23-2023, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He takes the opposite view on everything, even if logically/statistically it makes no sense. That is what drives me nuts about Fred. 

It detracts from good conversation taking place in threads. It's internet-trollism to the max. I offer the board is better without this novelty that some members are suggesting as a good reason for him being unbanned.
(01-23-2023, 11:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re back in the AFC Championship game for the second straight year, why in the world are we talking about Fred Toast? LOL

Nicomo with another concise perspective that I like.