Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Synric's 10,000th post. #FreeFredToast
(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m not superstitious but have the Bengals lost since Fred was banned?

Screw that I’m here for the Lombardi - #DoNotFreeFred

And there we go!

#KeepFredToastLockedUp
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-23-2023, 01:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's at the bottom of when you create a new thread, ya goober.  Cool

Check the box and put the amount of options you want. 

[Image: post-poll.jpg]

The only caveat is: You must do this, then you must submit thread without poll, then go back and add poll.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m not superstitious but have the Bengals lost since Fred was banned?

Yea, I'm gonna have to jump on this bandwagon.
I say keep him out until the Bengals lose, or...
IF the Bengals win the Super Bowl., THEN let Fred come back and celebrate with us.

Until then... the superstitious part of me says keep him out!  :)
(01-23-2023, 02:33 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yea, I'm gonna have to jump on this bandwagon.
I say keep him out until the Bengals lose, or...
IF the Bengals win the Super Bowl., THEN let Fred come back and celebrate with us.

Until then... the superstitious part of me says keep him out!  :)

If we win it all, then he was the jinx and must remain in purgatory. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

(01-23-2023, 02:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: If we win it all, then he was the jinx and must remain in purgatory. Tongue

I disagree.  Winning it all would be the culmination of eliminating the jinx. 
Next season it all gets "reset"  :)
(01-23-2023, 02:51 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I disagree.  Winning it all would be the culmination of eliminating the jinx. 
Next season it all gets "reset"  :)

That's a fair assessment I reckon.....

"Better send those refunds..."

(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m not superstitious but have the Bengals lost since Fred was banned?

Wow. This is like one of those "A Time to Kill" moments and the jury flips.

The ban remains.ThumbsUp
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
(01-23-2023, 12:40 PM)hugh jasse Wrote: I never really understood the Fred hate.  I always liked his arguments and they were usually supported by stats and well thought out.  

Granted, I didn't see the post that got him banned and actions do have consequences, but I think the board was better when he was here.

Hi Fred!  How the lawyer life these days???

*snickers*
(01-23-2023, 03:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: Hi Fred!  How the lawyer life these days???

*snickers*

We would all be naive to think a random ban on an anonymous forum is gonna keep Fred (or anyone else) off here. He’s still lurking and probably eating this shit up
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Fred's been given many shots.... and blown them all. This ain't his 8mile.

He is who he is. F that guy. He's a a troll and antagonist. You guys are mistaking any activity on the board for good activity. I know 4 former regular posters on this and the former board who refuse to participate in this one explicitly due to Fred being a member. He's a clown shoe and deserves to have been removed. Not the first Bengals board Fred's been booted from, either.

No question he was given several.minor bans and warnings. Go read "The scorpion and the frog". You cannot change someone's nature. His nature is to feed off of negative energy toward himself by saying dumb things and provoking people. Why invite that trash behavior back?
(01-23-2023, 12:37 AM)Synric Wrote: For my 10,000 post I wanted to do a post in JN promoting the TBB Draft Section with the East West Shrine and Senior Bowl games coming over the next week (and if the mods don't care I'll still do that) but I wanted shine spotlight on this TBB community.

I have been a member of this Bengals community for over a decade and loved every second. We have amazing members from the leadership down but one who doesn't get the credit he deserves is FredToast.

I understand Fred is banned and probably deserves it but he is a driving force on this board and he deserves to be celebrating an AFC Championship berth with the rest of us.

#FreeFredToast

PS: I've started a 100 threads here since 2015 and still have no idea how to start a poll lol.

Cool, looking forward to the Senior Bowl games and agree, Fred should be freed even if he annoys. He deserves to celebrate 
with us even if he thinks it is a fluke. Ninja
(01-23-2023, 12:40 PM)hugh jasse Wrote: I never really understood the Fred hate.  I always liked his arguments and they were usually supported by stats and well thought out.  

Granted, I didn't see the post that got him banned and actions do have consequences, but I think the board was better when he was here.

Fred's not a dummy, but lets be real, a lot of times he was playing devil's advocate, but acting like it was his real stance/opinion. Often he brought good points to the table, but there were a ton of scenarios where it was obvious that he just woke up and decided he wanted to argue. That said, I support Fred coming back. 
(01-23-2023, 04:03 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Fred's not a dummy, but lets be real, a lot of times he was playing devil's advocate, but acting like it was his real stance/opinion. Often he brought good points to the table, but there were a ton of scenarios where it was obvious that he just woke up and decided he wanted to argue. That said, I support Fred coming back. 

He would argue just to argue and that gets tiring. Honestly, I have thought the board has had so much more substance since he 
was banned. Not every frickin' thread getting hijacked etc.
(01-23-2023, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He would argue just to argue and that gets tiring. Honestly, I have thought the board has had so much more substance since he 

That's an element I've noticed as well. It's nice clicking on a thread and browsing it without seeing toasty, divisive rhetoric instead of engaging in some fun and respectful Bengals talk.
(01-23-2023, 03:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Fred's been given many shots.... and blown them all. This ain't his 8mile.

He is who he is. F that guy. He's a a troll and antagonist. You guys are mistaking any activity on the board for good activity. I know 4 former regular posters on this and the former board who refuse to participate in this one explicitly due to Fred being a member. He's a clown shoe and deserves to have been removed. Not the first Bengals board Fred's been booted from, either.

No question he was given several.minor bans and warnings. Go read "The scorpion and the frog". You cannot change someone's nature. His nature is to feed off of negative energy toward himself by saying dumb things and provoking people. Why invite that trash behavior back?

(01-23-2023, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He would argue just to argue and that gets tiring. Honestly, I have thought the board has had so much more substance since he 

(01-23-2023, 04:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's an element I've noticed as well. It's nice clicking on a thread and browsing it without seeing toasty, divisive rhetoric instead of engaging in some fun and respectful Bengals talk.

Yup

Not having every thread hijacked by Mr. Argumentative has been nice.
#freefredtoast.Fred is just being Fred. He’s cut me,as he has at one time or another,everyone on this board.Others do the same sometimes.If you can’t handle sarcasm,don’t get involved.

Don’t be so sensitive.This Bengals board is the best.Let Fred enjoy the ride.
I rarely post, but have been reading and enjoying the regular content here for years, for which I thank you all.

I can't get support losing Fred's take for good on here. Opposing views, challenges, devil's advocate and nuance are what makes for robust debate, broader consideration and fuller substance.

Can't get behind any sort of permanent ban for someone who contributed as much as he did. I know I appreciated the time it took for him to research stats and frame them in an interesting perspective while starting a lot of new threads or engaging in others, which is pretty much the point of a message board.

To hear it told, there's an ignore feature if anyone feels threatened by an a contrary voice and dissenting opinion if someone wants to create their own personal shadow ban.

In a world where there's a growing trend to remove the opposition from a platform, do we really need to extend that to a football message board for people who are, by definition, fanatics?

Would like to think it's possible to consider something you don't agree with and either raise your level of debate, patience, and/or understanding or let it go and move on before silencing someone else permanently.

Not for nothing, and I don't know if it's a similar situation as a ban, but the amount of abuse some other regular poster took (can't think of his name but feel he had a crackhead dave chappelle in his profile pic) was pretty bad, often for having what I considered a nuanced and interesting minority take on threads. Don't know where he's gone, but I'm sure the regular welcome here wasn't that warm, and if the board keeps losing those different voices, it'll be a boring race to the mediocre in a muted echo chamber.

It's been surreal to be living in this world where our Bengals are suddenly relevant and it's somehow become almost expected in a way. (Trying to still live in the moment and not take it for granted.) Everyone on here is like an extended and cherished part of this football family and it takes all stripes. Should be a place and time for us all to shine on this wild ride. 
For the record the ignore function is garbage here. You still see the person’s posts every time someone quotes them, and worse yet - you actually get notifications when the person you have on ignore quotes you.

(01-23-2023, 05:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For the record the ignore function is garbage here. You still see the person’s posts every time someone quotes them, and worse yet - you actually get notifications when the person you have on ignore quotes you.

whats up brother

I suppose... if you like half the stats that is. 
My only problem was once proven wrong, he would double-down on it or move the goal posts or make 1+1=3

No one's perfect, if you make a mistake, own it and move on.