Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Synric's 10,000th post. #FreeFredToast
I saw Fred's post the day he got banned & it was stupid & offensive. No denying that...

That being said I would like to see him reinstated.

We rarely agree on anything but that doesn't mean his input isn't valued.

#FreeFredToast
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Firstly, I think questioning or talking about a banning is against the forum rules. So kudos to the Admins for allowing this conversation to continue.

Secondly, to those saying they should give Fred a 2nd chance.......that happened years ago. This would be more like his 9th chance as he had been suspended several time before.

Thirdly to those who say they didn't like his contrarian view......it's a public message board and he's a lawyer through and through. Just responding to him was a win for him. Best to ignore his takes.

Fourthly, I doubt he is gone. Unless the ADMINs ban IP's, which I doubt, he's likely here under another handle but just staying under control.

Lastly, I will not call for the Admin's to free Fred. They know what he is, and they don't WANT to suspend anyone, thus what he did must have been beyond even for him, thus I will not question it.

cheers!
(01-23-2023, 11:56 AM)Stewy Wrote: Firstly, I think questioning or talking about a banning is against the forum rules.  So kudos to the Admins for allowing this conversation to continue.

Secondly, to those saying they should give Fred a 2nd chance.......that happened years ago.  This would be more like his 9th chance as he had been suspended several time before.

Thirdly to those who say they didn't like his contrarian view......it's a public message board and he's a lawyer through and through.  Just responding to him was a win for him.  Best to ignore his takes.

Fourthly, I doubt he is gone.  Unless the ADMINs ban IP's, which I doubt, he's likely here under another handle but just staying under control.

Lastly, I will not call for the Admin's to free Fred.  They know what he is, and they don't WANT to suspend anyone, thus what he did must have been beyond even for him, thus I will not question it.

cheers!

Right, which also isn't assured. It is very simple to change an IP unless they have the capability of doing a hardware ban. I somewhat doubt that, but maybe. If Fred wanted to come back under another username, he is likely here. I agree. 
(01-23-2023, 11:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There is a contrarian in every room.  Learning to deal with them will serve you well.  

I deal with him just fine. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(01-23-2023, 11:45 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It detracts from good conversation taking place in threads. It's internet-trollism to the max. I offer the board is better without this novelty that some members are suggesting as a good reason for him being unbanned.

Part of me thinks Fred is just 100% a troll. All an act. 
(01-23-2023, 11:58 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Right, which also isn't assured. It is very simple to change an IP unless they have the capability of doing a hardware ban. I somewhat doubt that, but maybe. If Fred wanted to come back under another username, he is likely here. I agree. 

95% of the people on this board have dynamic IPs. Almost impossible to ban someones IP when it's constantly changing. 
(01-23-2023, 11:58 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Right, which also isn't assured. It is very simple to change an IP unless they have the capability of doing a hardware ban. I somewhat doubt that, but maybe. If Fred wanted to come back under another username, he is likely here. I agree. 

From reading his posts over the years, I'm like 99% sure the man has a VPN
(01-23-2023, 12:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Part of me thinks Fred is just 100% a troll. All an act. 

Weezy:
Seriously....I don't think it was an act, I just think he liked extreme debate.  He's a LAWYER.  He loves to argue/debate.  Put this picture in your head.....In High School, if you were on the Debate Team, you always had to argue one side of a point and win, but to win you needed to know both sides back and forth to make proper counter arguments.  Also you have to exude confidence and conviction to win.

Fred always seemed to me an obsessed former member of the Debate Team, who wanted to keep his skills sharp.  Taking opposite and contrarian views, just to fuel his competitive fire.  This is why I stopped responding to him years ago.  

All:
So to those who kept responding to his ridiculous takes over the years....that's on you, not him.
I’m not superstitious but have the Bengals lost since Fred was banned?

Screw that I’m here for the Lombardi - #DoNotFreeFred
(01-23-2023, 12:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: From reading his posts over the years, I'm like 99% sure the man has a VPN

I think Fred is heald up in a bunker somewhere in Russia. 
I know the internet isn't exactly the place for calm and reason, but Fred isn't even here to defend himself and argue in this topic. That seems unnecessarily cruel, especially given his zeal for you know, arguing.
(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m not superstitious but have the Bengals lost since Fred was banned?

[Image: 3454808f61d281e53912650ffba1d08e.jpg]

(01-23-2023, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 3454808f61d281e53912650ffba1d08e.jpg]

I never really understood the Fred hate.  I always liked his arguments and they were usually supported by stats and well thought out.  

Granted, I didn't see the post that got him banned and actions do have consequences, but I think the board was better when he was here.
(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m not superstitious but have the Bengals lost since Fred was banned?

I think you're right Clark! 

I'm with "Sparky", give me the Lombardi, and hold the toast!

"Better send those refunds..."

(01-23-2023, 12:40 PM)hugh jasse Wrote: I never really understood the Fred hate.  I always liked his arguments and they were usually supported by stats and well thought out.  

Granted, I didn't see the post that got him banned and actions do have consequences, but I think the board was better when he was here.

[Image: 6LsbFGh.png]
I've been an avid lurker, and post occasionally, so my opinion means squat here.

I've always enjoyed Fred's takes on disscussions, as it normally comes with some basis of fact. I may not agree with everything he has to say or the way he says it, but he adds alot to this board imo.
(01-23-2023, 12:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I have a depressingly high post count, but I feel like if I call for Fred to be unbanned he will be extra banned.

How about "unbanned" but on a very, very short leash?  

Are we better with or without him here?  Personally, I don't care one way or the other.

But,  seems he argued for argument's sake instead of providing anything really meaningful.

I don't have near the posts as some of y'all.  But, I had a TON in the "old" forum. I'm more of a "lurker" these days!

Still enjoy chatting with you everyone here.
(01-23-2023, 12:37 AM)Synric Wrote: For my 10,000 post I wanted to do a post in JN promoting the TBB Draft Section with the East West Shrine and Senior Bowl games coming over the next week (and if the mods don't care I'll still do that) but I wanted shine spotlight on this TBB community.

I have been a member of this Bengals community for over a decade and loved every second. We have amazing members from the leadership down but one who doesn't get the credit he deserves is FredToast.

I understand Fred is banned and probably deserves it but he is a driving force on this board and he deserves to be celebrating an AFC Championship berth with the rest of us.

#FreeFredToast

PS: I've started a 100 threads here since 2015 and still have no idea how to start a poll lol.

It's at the bottom of when you create a new thread, ya goober.  Cool

Check the box and put the amount of options you want. 

[Image: post-poll.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(01-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m not superstitious but have the Bengals lost since Fred was banned?

And there we go!

#KeepFredToastLockedUp
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(01-23-2023, 12:40 PM)hugh jasse Wrote: I never really understood the Fred hate.  I always liked his arguments and they were usually supported by stats and well thought out.  

They weren't always stat driven takes. He made emotional arguments all the time and then behaved with petulance if someone replied with the same empty rhetoric directed his way. Perhaps it sparked whatever vile meme he posted.