Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T. Hill of Chiefs traded tp Phins
(03-23-2022, 01:56 PM)basballguy Wrote: Can we extend burrow and chase now so we don’t have massive extensions later?

they have to complete 3 years first.

But Bridgewater is happy new LT and WR....

Tua not so much
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:01 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not worried about then Dolphins even with Hill.  Now we will have to see what the Chiefs do with those picks.  

Ojabo and a WR?
Reply/Quote
Wow.

Miami very much going all-in on Tua. Bold move.

Pretty sure Mahomes can make any receiver look good. Not sure if Hill can make Tua look good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had a disagreement with Fred in another thread last recently, I said KC was in cap hell and he said they were not. This is a trade that shows KC is in cap hell, they went from one of the favorites in the AFC to a playoff team maybe. They are in a tough division as all 3 AFCW teams have improved wile KC so far has regressed on paper.

This is one crazy FA period, so many trades I never saw coming, 2 involve WR's with great QB's losing their studs.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Predicting now that KC somehow ends up with Jameson Williams.
Reply/Quote
So in two hours it went from: KC gives Hill permission to seek trade.
To: Hill to Miami for 5 picks and signing a huge extension.

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]]

I still hadn’t accepted that this was for sure going to happen lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:29 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: True..... But pretty sure the gigantic contract for mahomes is also part of this. You can't pay everyone. We will run into this soon is what I was getting at. So we need to take advantage now

Spot on. I knew the Mahomes contract would catch up with them but I didn't know it would be this fast.

Tyreek not on the Chiefs like you said is a huge change in the AFC if he no longer has an elite QB throwing to him.

Tua might do well now though with Hill, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on. I knew the Mahomes contract would catch up with them but I didn't know it would be this fast.

Tyreek not on the Chiefs like you said is a huge change in the AFC if he no longer has an elite QB throwing to him.

Tua might do well now though with Hill, we will see.

Tua might not even start Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:29 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Predicting now that KC somehow ends up with Jameson Williams.

Well, they may have to trade up to get one of the top 3 WR's. They have 2 first round picks, but picks are #29 and #30.

Look at the WR contracts, they are crazy, teams now place a higher value for rookie WR's they can lock up for 5 years.

I think many teams now are thinking WR in the first round after the Kirk, Adams and now Hill contracts. For whatever reason, it appears WR position has elevated above all positions now in FA.

Add a weak QB class where we may only see 2 QB's go in round 1 which is far below the norm, I see 5 to  1st round WR's taken.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Glad he left KC.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 12:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would prefer the Jets. Miami is closer to competitive than NY, but preference is NFC.

I'd prefer Miami, better weather, taxes, atmosphere.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:49 PM)pulses Wrote: Tua might not even start Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Crazy there were people who were arguing for Tua over Joe Brrr...
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I had a disagreement with Fred in another thread last recently, I said KC was in cap hell and he said they were not. This is a trade that shows KC is in cap hell, they went from one of the favorites in the AFC to a playoff team maybe. They are in a tough division as all 3 AFCW teams have improved wile KC so far has regressed on paper.

This is one crazy FA period, so many trades I never saw coming, 2 involve WR's with great QB's losing their studs.

I wouldn’t say they were in cap hell. But when you have a player that wants to be the highest paid at his position and you can get back 5 picks in return, it makes sense.

Do the dolphins really think they were 1 player away? What a silly move on their part.
Reply/Quote
I can't keep up with all these player moves and other team's draft needs in front of the Bengals.

Wow.
Reply/Quote
I dont think Tua has enough arm strength or velocity or durability to throw to these guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I wouldn’t say they were in cap hell.  But when you have a player that wants to be the highest paid at his position and you can get back 5 picks in return, it makes sense.

Do the dolphins really think they were 1 player away? What a silly move on their part.

Take a deep dive into contracts restructured to future years and then look at players gained and lost. They are down at least 3 starters right now, maybe more with 2 of them former all pro's. That did not happen because Hill was declining, it happened because Chiefs could not the man (cap hell).

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Take a deep dive into contracts restructured to future years and then look at players gained and lost. They are down at least 3 starters right now, maybe more with 2 of them former all pro's. That did not happen because Hill was declining, it happened because Chiefs could not the man (cap hell).

They were offering around around 20m/year, before the davante Adams trade. After the Adams trade, hill changed his contract demands.

I just think that, outside of a QB, it’s hard to justify paying over $25m to a position.

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
Talks between the Chiefs and Tyreek Hill broke off in part because Hill wanted to top Davante Adams' deal by every metric, and Kansas City balked at that. Hill wound up getting what he wanted, just had to go elsewhere to get it.
1:11 PM · Mar 23, 2022·Twitter Web App
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, they may have to trade up to get one of the top 3 WR's. They have 2 first round picks, but picks are #29 and #30.

Look at the WR contracts, they are crazy, teams now place a higher value for rookie WR's they can lock up for 5 years.

I think many teams now are thinking WR in the first round after the Kirk, Adams and now Hill contracts. For whatever reason, it appears WR position has elevated above all positions now in FA.

Add a weak QB class where we may only see 2 QB's go in round 1 which is far below the norm, I see 5 to  1st round WR's taken.

I hope you're right about about 5+ WRs going in the first. Let more defense slide to the Bengals. But no doubt these contracts will cause some kind of shift. Makes me think we'll have a hard time keeping both Higgins and Chase, but that's a problem for our future selves. Right now, we're in a sweet spot with both those guys on rookie deals. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/23/tyreek-hill-traded-do-not-post-this/

30M per year, turns out.

No WR is worth that much money.

Wrecking your cap for a QB I understand, but a WR...that's just a bad plan.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I wouldn’t say they were in cap hell.  But when you have a player that wants to be the highest paid at his position and you can get back 5 picks in return, it makes sense.

Yeah it was a good trade by the Chiefs getting all those picks that will be cheap.

If they can develop those guys into studs they might not fall off as bad as I thought they would.

They sure did a damn great job with their OL picks last season...

The Phins threw away their future for one freak of a player. Hill is great but what if he gets injured?
Reply/Quote