Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T. Hill of Chiefs traded tp Phins
(03-23-2022, 01:55 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What is the over/under on the underthrows to Hill?

they have Waddle too....
not sure Tua has the arm to get it to these guys consistently
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No WR is worth that much money.

Wrecking your cap for a QB I understand, but a WR...that's just a bad plan.

Yea...I can't help but feel like Chase is only here for 4 more seasons haha. This market has gone crazy.
Reply/Quote
This was a shock. Dolphins will be happy but I don’t expect Hill to be turning out the same production like he did at KC.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea...I can't help but feel like Chase is only here for 4 more seasons haha. This market has gone crazy.

And half the board will meltdown that the Bengals didn't wreck their cap situation to sign him to some silly 200 million dollar contract.

If you have an elite QB and give him time, he'll be fine. 

If the Chiefs return to the playoffs this season without Hill, it should set the blueprint for teams with elite QBs about over-paying skill guys.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy there were people who were arguing for Tua over Joe Brrr...

Tua isn't even a top 20 QB in the league and yeah those people were CRAZY indeed!!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And half the board will meltdown that the Bengals didn't wreck their cap situation to sign him to some silly 200 million dollar contract.

If you have an elite QB and give him time, he'll be fine. 

If the Chiefs return to the playoffs this season without Hill, it should set the blueprint for teams with elite QBs about over-paying skill guys.

This could be wishful thinking, but I don’t know if Chase will chase the money on his next contract. He will still only be 24/25, and with how invested he is to this game and emotional he was this first year when winning, making it to the big game and ultimately losing, along with his relationship with Burrow, I think he will sign here his next contract. After that, though, he may be gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 07:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This could be wishful thinking, but I don’t know if Chase will chase the money on his next contract. He will still only be 24/25, and with how invested he is to this game and emotional he was this first year when winning, making it to the big game and ultimately losing, along with his relationship with Burrow, I think he will sign here his next contract. After that, though, he may be gone.

Our FO has changed a lot, but I would say they still love them a big play WR. I would imagine we have Chase for at least his next contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 07:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This could be wishful thinking, but I don’t know if Chase will chase the money on his next contract. He will still only be 24/25, and with how invested he is to this game and emotional he was this first year when winning, making it to the big game and ultimately losing, along with his relationship with Burrow, I think he will sign here his next contract. After that, though, he may be gone.

Dude literally bought a house right next to his QB. I have to hope they’re both going to do whatever they can to stay together.

(03-23-2022, 08:40 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Our FO has changed a lot, but I would say they still love them a big play WR. I would imagine we have Chase for at least his next contract.

This. Plus the cap will continue to go up. The number might give you sticker shock at first, but you can’t think about it in terms of yesterday’s money.

Reply/Quote
You’re sleeping on Miami.

They have added Terron Armstead, Connor Williams, Tyreek Hill, Cedric Wilson ( 45 rec. 602 yrd. 6 TD’s), a new RB-by-committee with additions Chase Edmonds, Raheem Mostert.

They already have Mike Gesicki and Jaylen Waddle.

They have drafted 4 young OL who haven’t shown much yet, the talent is there.

I get it, they have Tua (and Bridgewater). They don’t need Pat Mahomes or JB. They need an OC who installs Sean Payton-like passing offense with a bunch of slants, digs and stick-options. Tua needs to be Brees not Herbert.

And they have a coach who is a Ivy- league, data analytics-friendly offensive genius running this out. If the FO stays out of the way. They should be a playoff contender for years.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
Miami is now one of those teams that is a QB away from being really scary. Tua is ok, but will hold them back.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

I would really like to see Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes struggle without their elite receivers and maybe burrow and or the team will realize they need to keep him and chase together and maybe they can work out some kind of team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:18 PM)kalibengal Wrote: they have Waddle too....
not sure Tua has the arm to get it to these guys consistently

I don't think Tyreek Hill isn't actually a super deep route type guy. He is very much a different type of big play threat than say a DeSean Jackson. Hill uses his speed and motion to get open early and then is dangerous because of YAC.

Last 2 years Average Depth of Target...
Tyreek Hill 2020: 12.9
Tyreek Hill 2021: 10.4

Tee Higgins 2020: 11.5
Tee Higgins 2021: 12.1

Meanwhile the numbers on PFR only go back to 2018 for this, but DeSean Jackson in 2018 had 19.2 ADOT. It's more about if Tua can get the ball to the right position and timing to allow Hill/Waddle to catch it in full stride and not ruin their momentum for YAC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's like teams saw that the Bengals pretty much went from among the worst to a Super Bowl, and now everyone thinks they're just a few pieces from just as dramatic a reversal of fortune as the Bengals. What a crazy off season.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy there were people who were arguing for Tua over Joe Brrr...

I don't think many people outside of Alabama were arguing that by early October of 2019... But I was still arguing Chase Young til Burrow left the Bengals and myself no choice in the College Football Playoff.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Here's an under the radar aspect of this trade - For those who are (still) team Linderbaum, I think this increases the chance he falls to us. I know we've boosted the OL, but if he is there, I like the idea of taking him and then sliding Karras to LG. All credible mock drafts had him going to Miami at 29 if he fell that far. Now, if he falls to 29, I think he makes it to 31 since KC has both 29 and 30. They won't take him, since they have Humphrey, and if someone trades up to either pick it's likely to nab a falling QB so they get the 5th year option. I still have a hard time passing up Elam/Booth if either is there, but Linderbaum is a blue chip talent who could fall for a variety of reasons. Still won't know what happens until Draft Day is here but just my thoughts.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy there were people who were arguing for Tua over Joe Brrr...

Shh....we don't need to rub the salt into that wound for Jpoore...
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 09:32 PM)jason Wrote: I don't think many people outside of Alabama were arguing that by early October of 2019... But I was still arguing Chase Young til Burrow left the Bengals and myself no choice in the College Football Playoff.

Well yeah, Chase Young was a great prospect and you are a big time Buckeye fan. I get that.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 10:35 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Shh....we don't need to rub the salt into that wound for Jpoore...

Got to hurt, that one lol
Reply/Quote
They gave up a lot and signed him 4years $120 million. Good Lord

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33578433/sources-miami-dolphins-acquire-kansas-city-chiefs-wr-tyreek-hill-five-draft-picks?platform=amp
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 10:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Got to hurt, that one lol

Jpoore is hurting from a lot of things he has predicted Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote