Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE position
(12-31-2016, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: TEs that can't block get about as much favor by the Bengals, as a fart in Church..

Yet, they tried to force the ball to Fisher in the end zone multiple times. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimb Wrote: Yet, they tried to force the ball to Fisher in the end zone multiple times. 

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals have shown a willingness to spend a high draft pick on a TE on the past.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hilarious

Every time I see Fisher drop the ball in the end zone or the O-line split out wide I want to donkey punch Zampese for doing that shit and Marvin for not putting and end to it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Should the Bengals be placing a high priority on drafting a TE from near the top of this year's class?

With Eifert's latest injury being recommended for back surgery, there is a chance that he may never be fully right again.  I did a little reading on NFL players that have had disc surgery.  Stats show that 2/3 return to the field of play, for an average of around 3 years.  Average recovery time listed as approximately 9 months.  However, the majority of the stats they posted were related to disc surgery in the cervical region. (closer to the neck) I also tried to find greater details of Eifert's latest injury, and all articles simply stated back injury, surgery recommended, no additional specifics.

So, with Eifert's lengthy injury history, and no guarantee that he'll ever be 100% again, what should they do?  We have CJ Uzomah, who has shown himself to be serviceable.  Personally, I see Uzomah as a bit of a disappointment.  Given his size and athleticism, I would have expected him to emerge as a serious mismatch to opposing LBs and Safeties.  Tyler Kroft seemed to look like a nifty addition his rookie year, but he has seemed to settle into his role as the 3rd TE.  And then we have Ryan Hewitt.  Hewitt looked like pure gold his rookie year.  He was delivering crushing blocks from the FB and HB positions, as well as making some nice catches underneath the defense.  Since then, his role has decreased immensely.

Bottom line is that the Bengals have no one on the roster to fill the void that the absence of a healthy Tyler Eifert creates.  I don't feel like the Bengals should panic and reach for one of the top 2 or 3 of the TE class, but some of the mid round TEs are looking pretty good this year.

For example, I like Jordan Leggett from Clemson.  6'5" 258, hands like a WR, fluid route movement, and physicality to match his frame.

What do you think?  Should the Bengals be looking TE?

There is a reason that guys who have neck surgery rarely return to form - they have their necks fused when they a disc issue.  I've sold spine implants for over 10 years and I can't remember ever seeing a surgeon go in and do disc work on a neck without fusing it.

Now, if you look at lower back issues, there are several things that can be done before a fusion.  If Eifert just needed to have a piece of disc clipped off since it was pressing on his spinal cord, then he will be back good as new.  It's very common procedure and most people are back to work within a week.  If it's anything more than that, we better start looking for a new tight end. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: TEs that can't block get about as much favor by the Bengals, as a fart in Church..

Amen!
Reply/Quote