Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TE position
Dear lord, please let the Bengals draft a tight end named Butt. He's got the best TE name since the Browns drafted a tight end named Smelley. He really stunk, though...no pun intended.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely sunset. The beat writer for the Cincinnati Bengals quoted some statistics that most starting tight ends are injured and it's part of the position. It is valuable and Tyler eifert has been to the team especially in the red zone he can't be too valuable if he's injured and does not play. I hope the team signs a good tight end in the first four rounds of the next year's draft. I don't know if they should resign Tyler eifert but they probably will because the team seems to be loyal to players but it is a great risk given his injury history. Early in the draft the team will either focus on a speedy wide receiver or linebacker I do not see them taken a tight end in the first two rounds.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 03:31 PM)milksheikh Wrote: The thing is without Eifert we don't have a viable option in the red zone other then running it 3 times with Hill and getting nothing.

Sad

Actually there are three TEs that could be utilized in various combinations, but these dumbass coaches don't have a clue how to do it. Cry So why get another TE? Unless he is way better than the last two drafted. Geez
Reply/Quote
Jermaine Gresham might be available.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jermaine Gresham might be available.

Oddly enough, I'd welcome him back.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Eifert is a difference maker (when he is available.)
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Eifert is a difference maker (when he is available.)

Well you know what they say a NFL player's greatest ability is.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We need to consider keeping 4 tight ends on the active roster because they are injured so often. Plus, it allows more flexibility in 2&3 tight end sets, and most tight ends can play special teams. Otherwise, if we continue to only keep 3 on n the roster, I would not use a draft pick on one.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jermaine Gresham might be available.

Might he be?  It seems like the Cardinals have been leaning on him inordinately as of late (if fantasy football tells me anything).
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:33 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: We need to consider keeping 4 tight ends on the active roster because they are injured so often. Plus, it allows more flexibility in 2&3 tight end sets, and most tight ends can play special teams. Otherwise, if we continue to only keep 3 on n the roster, I would not use a draft pick on one.

Uh, we kept 4 this year...  That is the entire premise of this thread, all the rest pretty much suck at playing TE.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We need to, unless the plan is to drastically change the offense. If we go with what we've been doing, we lean a lot on redzone passing. If we're going to shift to an old Broncos grind out the redzone or find a way to utilize more receivers, then no.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: We need to, unless the plan is to drastically change the offense. If we go with what we've been doing, we lean a lot on redzone passing. If we're going to shift to an old Broncos grind out the redzone or find a way to utilize more receivers, then no.

Benton, I respect your opinion a lot.  However, that is a ton of ifs to contend with, if the Bengals don't seek another bonafide TE.  I'd just prefer that they just draft one in the 3-5 rounds.  There are plenty to choose from..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would like to see a RE who can consistently rush the passer, a three down LBer, an upgrade anywhere along the O-line. But, I would understand taking a TE depending upon who was left on the board. (I can also see a scenario a CB might be the best player when the Bengals in the first round.)

Did you see NC State's Jaylen Samuels during their bowl game?  They have him listed as a TE. Probably more of an H back. But, the lined him up all over the place. Somebody I will keep my eye on during the draft process. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Benton, I respect your opinion a lot.  However, that is a ton of ifs to contend with, if the Bengals don't seek another bonafide TE.  I'd just prefer that they just draft one in the 3-5 rounds.  There are plenty to choose from..
I probably should have phrased that better.

I dont expect any changes to how we approach the offense, so id say we need to draft a solid Te prospect.
Reply/Quote
Personally I believe we need to invest in the trenches. LT and a pass rushing DE are probably the biggest needs.

Near the top of the 2nd round, or even trading back into the 1st round from the 8th spot in the second, could be a good spot to snag a LT leaving the top 10 pick for a pass rusher.

After those two spots we can use a LB or two and a Center.

If we trade McCarron we'll need a backup QB unless Driskel is working out.

Don't really see a need for a WR or TE or CB.

Reply/Quote
Personally, I've had my fill of Eifert. Its become painfully obvious he cannot handle the physicality of the NFL game. Combine that with Dalton routinely putting him in situation to take big hits in the passing game and he's never going to survive.

And given he just had surgery again, this time on his back, my money is you won't see him in 2017 at all. Frankly I think I'll welcome not having to hold my breath every time he gets the ball thrown his way for fear of his next injury. Guy is absolutely the definition of 'made of glass' and we should really just move on before we offer him a gigantic contract to spend the rest of his career on IR.
Reply/Quote
Welp. Tyler did in fact have back surgery on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:09 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Personally, I've had my fill of Eifert. Its become painfully obvious he cannot handle the physicality of the NFL game. Combine that with Dalton routinely putting him in situation to take big hits in the passing game and he's never going to survive.

And given he just had surgery again, this time on his back, my money is you won't see him in 2017 at all. Frankly I think I'll welcome not having to hold my breath every time he gets the ball thrown his way for fear of his next injury. Guy is absolutely the definition of 'made of glass' and we should really just move on before we offer him a gigantic contract to spend the rest of his career on IR.

Exploiting the middle of the field is sort of the nature of the TE position.  The injuries aren't limited just to Eifert, a lot of TEs get banged up for similar reasons as Eifert.  I guess that we just notice it more in today's NFL, because the style has come to use TEs like "big WRs" rather than the athletic lineman body style of TEs of yesteryear.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exploiting the middle of the field is sort of the nature of the TE position.  The injuries aren't limited just to Eifert, a lot of TEs get banged up for similar reasons as Eifert.  I guess that we just notice it more in today's NFL, because the style has come to use TEs like "big WRs" rather than the athletic lineman body style of TEs of yesteryear.

Yes, but lets be honest, I'm not a Dalton hater but when he's off, its very frequently high and forcing guys to go high as they're going across the middle is not the best idea. 

Eifert has also had most of his injuries on plays not involving going across the middle. The elbow injury he was just going to the ground, the ankle injury in the pro bowl was trying to catch a pass out of the back of the end zone and I don't think he was even touched by another player. The guy is just fragile and unreliable from a health perspective. 
Reply/Quote
Tyler has reached gronk-ish level type of injuries. He won't ever make it through a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote