Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THAT Is A GREAT WIN
One point, I don't care.....You get out of New York with ANY win at all on 9/11, fans pumped up, against a very good Jets team that won 10 games last season.....You get out of New York with a WIN.....THAT is a GREAT WIN......Bengals start season 1-0 with a WIN.......WHO DEY, WHO DEY, WHO DEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........Announcers at Halftime said it was like a play-off game atmosphere.....Nice WIN Bengals .
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Andy had 368 yards. Other posters said he got sacked a lot but I guess his thumb is okay. And yeah -- I expected them to lose because of the whole in-New-York-on-911 thing.
Reply/Quote
Good teams win even when they don't play well.

However, Jets defense is truly going to be a top 5, IMHO.

Kudos for the Bengals hanging in and never giving up, and ...............

NICE FG MIKEY!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Sure it was on 9/11 but the greatness of this win was who we were playing on the road. Jets were 10-6 last year best record of any team not making the playoffs, they lost little on offense probably better with Forte and a unknown WR and TE really coming in...

So put all that together and what a win
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bodine/Zeitler must get their shit together; that was dreadful.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If the OL starts to play well this offense will be explosive. The defense just needs Burfict back. Once he's back the defense will be great again. The defense looked about how it did last year w/o Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Funny, some of you calling the Jets a good team. By the prediction thread, you would think we were playing the Browns. Nonetheless, a win.....

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bodine/Zeitler must get their shit together; that was dreadful.

I like Zeitler, but he's just terrible at picking up stunts and delayed blitzers.  He's just too slow to recognize it and doesn't give up his double team quickly enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Good teams win even when they don't play well.

However, Jets defense is truly going to be a top 5, IMHO.

Kudos for the Bengals hanging in and never giving up, and ...............

NICE FG MIKEY!!!!!

These dudes are nasty
Reply/Quote
Our first win there since 81. Another monkey off our back!

Reply/Quote
Correct, that is a big win.

Go on the road, against a team we always do badly against. Struggle almightily, and win. Good teams do that. I'm not convinced about us, have we really turned a corner, or was that just the same old bungling Bengals who won a close one? The Jets could and will argue they gave the game away themselves, with missed XP and a chip shot FG.

We are going to have to bring a MUCH better game next week, the Steelers will not let us off whatsoever if we play like that. O-Line.... what the heck was that? One of the worst OL performances I've seen by a Bengals team in a long time. Truly appalling game from that unit. D-Line, pretty ineffecitve... disappointing from a group we have so much money invested in. Run defence.... Really bad, probably a by-product of the poor game by the DL.

The positives? Andy had a rough start and rebounded to have a pretty strong day. 350+ yards, high completion rate.... we are hoping last year was not a fluke. Andy won us that game today, mostly on his own shoulders. He came to play after the 1st quarter. Sign of a good QB when they take a game that isn't going well, and make it go well. Other positives? The WR group. By WR group I mean Green and LaFell. AJ is just a monster, and LaFell was a very good compliment today. Tyler Boyd was anonymous, but it's his debut we'll let him get into it.

Always happy with a W, we're 1-0 rolling into Pitt in what will be a huge and highly charged game. We HAVE to bring it and bring it hard next week, we owe them a real beating. But we need to turn up, else they will pummel us, today's performance will easily see us move to 1-1. But we won a good one today, could prove to be a big W at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:21 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Funny,  some of you calling the Jets a good team. By  the  prediction thread, you would think we were playing the Browns. Nonetheless, a win.....

Bull....The Browns did not win 10 games last year.....The NY Jets are a darn good football team and will give the AFC East a rough time . .....Do NOT say Bengals did NOT just beat a good team on the road....and wins in New York are hard..
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Green & Lafell 17 targets. 16 catches.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:21 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Funny,  some of you calling the Jets a good team. By  the  prediction thread, you would think we were playing the Browns. Nonetheless, a win.....

They have a ton of talent and a great defense.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:27 PM)kevin Wrote: Bull....The Browns did not win 10 games last year.....The NY Jets are a darn good football team and will give the AFC East a rough time . 

Haha, reread some of the predictions. You'll get a good laugh.

Reply/Quote
Anyways, that was a statement game. Against the odds, we finished on the right side.

Reply/Quote
Somebody needs to break their foot off in the O lines ass this week and give Dalton the protection he deserves.
Reply/Quote

They were better than I thought.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:29 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Haha, reread some of the predictions. You'll get a good laugh.

Who cares about predictions. The game isn't played on paper, it is played on the field.....By predictions the Browns were predicted to be in the play-offs many times over the last 15 years.  Instead they always are in last. The predictions mean nothing.  Jets won 10 games last year, that's all we need to know.  Bengals just won a great game on the road to start season. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: They have a ton of talent and a great defense.  

Absolutely. I don't know if the Jets will make the playoffs, but they have a damn good Defence and a great Run D. If FitzPatrick can get something going, they'll win a good few games. Will be in the playoff mix late either way. It's not like we just crept past a trap game there, they're a good team.
Reply/Quote