Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GAME.....Ohio State/ Michigan
If you don't follow Ohio State or Michigan, if you are maybe an SEC fan, then you don't get it......but, if you are an Ohio State or a Michigan fan, this always has and still is, THE GAME.....add in Meyer vs Harbaugh Game # 1 with more years of this war to follow.....Shades of Woody vs Bo Game #1 in 1969......

So it is Thanksgiving night now, I watched no football today. my games this Thanksgiving weekend are The Bengals Sunday but before that on Saturday, THE GAME.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 09:04 PM)kevin Wrote: If you don't follow Ohio State or Michigan, if you are maybe an SEC fan, then you don't get it......but, if you are an Ohio State or a Michigan fan, this always has and still is, THE GAME.....add in Meyer vs Harbaugh Game # 1 with more years of this war to follow.....Shades of Woody vs Bo Game #1 in 1969......

So it is Thanksgiving night now, I watched no football today. my games this Thanksgiving weekend are The Bengals Sunday but before that on Saturday, THE GAME.

maybe 3 more years.  Harbaugh has never stayed on a job for more than four years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the same Ohio St. team I've been watching all season shows up, they'll probably lose. Michigan's defensive line can whip an offensive line and Ohio state's offensive line is the whipping type.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 10:18 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: maybe 3 more years.  Harbaugh has never stayed on a job for more than four years.

except....he went to high school in Ann Arbor....He went to college in Ann Arbor.....His dad coached for Michigan and Stanford. Jim has coached for Stanford and close by 49ers. ...Now he is HOME.....and Michigan has made him one of the highest paid coaches in the USA. ....He isn't trying to get to the NFL, he has been in the NFL......He has taken his family home and he has more money than any other football job could offer him.  He can buy a mansion type house and put down roots and his wife and kids can go to the same church and schools and stores. They can have a life.....The kid from Ann Arbor is HOME as one of the highest paid coaches in the USA.  It is his dream job. ....They will give him the keys to the entire state of Michigan if he asks for it....With all this money and the family in the same church and schools, his wife will clobber him if he leaves for no good reason....

No, both Harbaugh and Meyer are where they want to be, and getting huge giant money. Two coaches who have a chance to stop living out of a suitcase and make a home for their families, which is priceless. .....Look for this to be the first of many games against each other. ....He was born in Toledo near Michigan, his dad coached in Toledo and at Michigan. Jim played football in Toledo and Ann Arbor and has both played and coached at Michigan. His son has been a coach at Michigan. HE IS HOME, making the BIG BUCKS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 11:05 AM)kevin Wrote: except....he went to high school in Ann Arbor....He went to college in Ann Arbor.....His dad coached for Michigan and Stanford. Jim has coached for Stanford and close by 49ers. ...Now he is HOME.....and Michigan has made him one of the highest paid coaches in the USA. ....He isn't trying to get to the NFL, he has been in the NFL......He has taken his family home and he has more money than any other football job could offer him.  He can buy a mansion type house and put down roots and his wife and kids can go to the same church and schools and stores. They can have a life.....The kid from Ann Arbor is HOME as one of the highest paid coaches in the USA.  It is his dream job. ....They will give him the keys to the entire state of Michigan if he asks for it....With all this money and the family in the same church and schools, his wife will clobber him if he leaves for no good reason....

No, both Harbaugh and Meyer are where they want to be, and getting huge giant money. Two coaches who have a chance to stop living out of a suitcase and make a home for their families, which is priceless. .....Look for this to be the first of many games against each other. ....He was born in Toledo near Michigan, his dad coached in Toledo and at Michigan. Jim played football in Toledo and Ann Arbor and has both played and coached at Michigan. His son has been a coach at Michigan. HE IS HOME, making the BIG BUCKS. 
It's not about the money or location.  HE has tired of the programs in those periods and, more importantly, those programs were tired of him.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 11:28 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's not about the money or location.  HE has tired of the programs in those periods and, more importantly, those programs were tired of him.

only program that tired of him was San Fran's ownership and the politics of dealing with million dollar owners/players in the NFL.

some coaches are built for college ball and some for pro ball.  he is the former and like Kevin said, he's home. 

He isn't leaving anytime soon.

Ohio State and Michigan fans (me) should hope this turns into another 10 year war.
Reply/Quote
Time of game?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 07:53 AM)Whacked Wrote: Time of game?

Noon EST on ABC
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It's less than an hour from kick-off.....No, this game probably doesn't factor into the National Championship, but many an Ohio State vs Michigan wasn't about National Championship. ......It is a great rival game that my grandparents were into back in the 1940's. Hopalong Cassidy. In the early years of these games it was all Michigan with players such as Tom Harmon.  Coaches such as Paul Brown, Woody Hayes, Bo, Tressel, now Meyer vs Harbaugh....players such as Archie Griffin and Woodson. .....It's a great RIVAL GAME, and Woody Hayes said this game was more important than the Rose Bowl or any other game, this is THE GAME....and the loser has to live with it 365 days.....I saw Ohio State have a great year and win the Rose Bowl in the 1990's, but nobody cared because they didn't beat Michigan. That is what this game means. .....If Ohio State wins today, Urban Meyer stays unbeaten against Michigan, plus Ohio State as 2014 National Champions and only 1 loss in 2015 will go to a major Bowl Game on New Years.  That ain't bad. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 12:40 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote:
only program that tired of him was San Fran's ownership
and the politics of dealing with million dollar owners/players in the NFL.

some coaches are built for college ball and some for pro ball.  he is the former and like Kevin said, he's home. 

He isn't leaving anytime soon.

Ohio State and Michigan fans (me) should hope this turns into another 10 year war.

As the two sides were airing their dirty laundry to the media last year, I stumbled upon an article stating that he didn't play well with the brass at San Diego or Stanford either.  Both programs apparently were happy that he moved on when he did as it prevented what was being expected to be an ugly ending.

In other words the San Fran ending was close to happening at his two prior stops, but he was recruited by others before it came to a head.

I'll do a little homework and see if I can find the article...
Reply/Quote
Go Bucks! Hopefuully offensive coaching is better today!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Hey Harbaugh you can't hit the punters leg. They call that every time.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 11:21 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Noon EST on ABC

Thanks !
Reply/Quote
Zeke makes his presence felt!
Reply/Quote
TD BUCKS!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Bucks are running wild! 14-3!!!
Reply/Quote
scUM just got a huge break on a bad PI call. Receiver fell on his own and got the call.
Reply/Quote
scUM gets away with a hold on Marshall but he still catches it for a TD. 21-10 good guys!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
JT Barrett puts the dagger in scum's heart with that TD! 28-10 good guys!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
The Harbaugh's parents definitely used the appeasement method. They got every single candy bar they cried and threw tantrums for in the grocery store. That's the only explanation as to why they both CONSTANTLY cry to the refs.
Reply/Quote