Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GAME... what should NOT happen.
(01-03-2023, 09:37 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That is what really sucks.  KC lost to both the Bills and the Bengals and will most likely be gifted the #1 seed..... not surprised at all.

Disagree they earned where they are 13-3 , what happens happens but I take nothing away from KC has accomplished.  The good thing about bengals bills game is it had zero impact on any team making playoffs which is most important in the end vs seeding.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Disagree they earned where they are 13-3 , what happens happens but I take nothing away from KC has accomplished.  The good thing about bengals bills game is it had zero impact on any team making playoffs which is most important in the end vs seeding.

The Bills had the opportunity to "earn" that exact same record with also the tie breaker as they beat KC, they deserve it just as much.  If KC loses to LV and the Bengals win out we would have "earned" the #1 seed as well.

This seems so disingenuous.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Bills had the opportunity to "earn" that exact same record with also the tie breaker as they beat KC, they deserve it just as much.  If KC loses to LV and the Bengals win out we would have "earned" the #1 seed as well.

I swear Essex really isn't a Bengals fan.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:05 AM)Tony Wrote: I swear Essex really isn't a Bengals fan.. 

Might not be, he has some terrible takes and really doesn't know the facts about anything.  

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:51 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: At my hotel last night, one of the game officials was also staying the night and I had a chance to speak with him in the lobby and elevator.  He said the game will be declared a NO Contest event and the NFL will look at winning percentage to determine seeding. So Cincinnati and Buffalo will have 16-games under their belts to finish the season, the rest of the NFL will have a divisor of 17-games. 

I also asked him if he’s ever experienced anything like this, he said, No, I’ve never seen anything like this in regards to not finishing the game.

(01-03-2023, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have been told by someone who is part of an NFL organization in player personnel that many within the league are assuming it will be a straight no contest at this point. This person is in the NFC so their indifference to playoff implications and such may create a bias not sure. Take it for what it's worth.

It seems that these two knew exactly what they were talking about on Tuesday morning.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 12:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Bills had the opportunity to "earn" that exact same record with also the tie breaker as they beat KC, they deserve it just as much.  If KC loses to LV and the Bengals win out we would have "earned" the #1 seed as well.

1. KC wins, Bills win - KC gets #1 spot (14-3 > 13-3) - (Unfair to Bills)
2. KC loses, Bills win, Bengals lose - Bills get #1 spot (13-3 > 13-4 and 11-5) - LEGIT
3. KC loses, Bills win, Bengals win - Bills get #1 spot (13-3 > 13-4 and 12-4) - (Unfair to Bengals)
4. KC loses, Bills lose, Bengals win - KC gets #1 spot (13-4 > 12-4 and 12-4) - (Unfair to Bills and Bengals)

There really should be a lottery/coin-toss/etc if any but the #2 option happens. The Bills would have legitimately earned #1 if scenario #2 happens.

In case 1, Buffalo might have won and would have had #1. Flip a coin.
In case 3, Bengals might have won and would have had #1. Flip a coin.

The most horrible result is #4: only if the Bills/Bengals game ended in a TIE would KC have gotten #1 in case 4.
If the Bills won, the Bills would get #1
If the Bengals won, the Bengals would get #1

They should draw lottery balls. Give KC 2 balls, Buffalo 49 balls, Cincinnati 49 balls.  Whichever they pick is #1
Reply/Quote