Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GAME... what should NOT happen.
Seems like no contest would be the easiest solution, though there isn't an easy one.
Reply/Quote
Bengals and Bills each have a game on Sunday (1/8) at 1:00 PM. That's five days from now.
First playoff games are on Saturday (1/14) at 4:30 PM and 8:15 PM. That's eleven days from now.
Next set of playoff games are on Sunday (1/15) at 1:00 PM, 4:30 PM and 8:15 PM. That's twelve days from now.

Either the Bengals or the Bills would be playing wildcard weekend. If the NFL tries to reschedule this game, one of these teams is going to have to play three games within twelve days. That's absurd, and dangerous.

Best thing to do is either declare a tie or a no-contest. This will affect seeding, and teams are simply going to have to grit their teeth and understand the extreme circumstances of this and adhere to the humanity side of it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: With all due respect to the official, he has absolutely no say in what will happen to the game going forward. He is speculating just like the rest of us. 

It's not really about the ref having no say, it's about he's just talking bullshit. 

It never happened. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Bengals and Bills each have a game on Sunday (1/8) at 1:00 PM.  That's five days from now.  
First playoff games are on Saturday (1/14) at 4:30 PM and 8:15 PM.  That's eleven days from now.
Next set of playoff games are on Sunday (1/15) at 1:00 PM, 4:30 PM and 8:15 PM.  That's twelve days from now.

Either the Bengals or the Bills would be playing wildcard weekend.  If the NFL tries to reschedule this game, one of these teams is going to have to play three games within twelve days.  That's absurd, and dangerous.

Best thing to do is either declare a tie or a no-contest.  This will affect seeding, and teams are simply going to have to grit their teeth and understand the extreme circumstances of this and adhere to the humanity side of it.

No, that's absurd.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:34 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Bengals and Bills each have a game on Sunday (1/8) at 1:00 PM.  That's five days from now.  
First playoff games are on Saturday (1/14) at 4:30 PM and 8:15 PM.  That's eleven days from now.
Next set of playoff games are on Sunday (1/15) at 1:00 PM, 4:30 PM and 8:15 PM.  That's twelve days from now.

Either the Bengals or the Bills would be playing wildcard weekend.  If the NFL tries to reschedule this game, one of these teams is going to have to play three games within twelve days.  That's absurd, and dangerous.

Best thing to do is either declare a tie or a no-contest.  This will affect seeding, and teams are simply going to have to grit their teeth and understand the extreme circumstances of this and adhere to the humanity side of it.

Yes 100%, it's not like we have a bye week.  It's too late in the season and puts both the Bills and Bengals at a disadvantage going forward. As far as the NO CONTEST determination, I was told that is exactly what is going to happen.  The NFL will look at team winning % to determine seeding, so the game will not count against either team.   

Now, if they go this route are the fans going to be reimbursed?

We have 5-day to prepare for the Ravens, and defend our "Kings of the North" crown.  On to the Ravens. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:05 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Yes 100%, it's not like we have a bye week.  It's too late in the season and puts both the Bills and Bengals at a disadvantage going forward. As far as the NO CONTEST determination, I was told that is exactly what is going to happen.  The NFL will look at team winning % to determine seeding, so the game will not count against either team.   

We have 5-day to prepare for the Ravens, and defend our "Kings of the North" crown.  On to the Ravens. 

Given your track record, we can all sleep easy knowing that this option will NOT happen.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:05 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Yes 100%, it's not like we have a bye week.  It's too late in the season and puts both the Bills and Bengals at a disadvantage going forward. As far as the NO CONTEST determination, I was told that is exactly what is going to happen.  The NFL will look at team winning % to determine seeding, so the game will not count against either team.   

No one with any decision-making power told you anything. If what you say occurred, that person is speculating like the rest of us.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Bills beat reporter is saying that Goodell will be solely responsible for this decision, and that if the game is played it will be within the next two days. Take it with a grain of salt, but it seems legit.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Given your track record, we can all sleep easy knowing that this option will NOT happen.
Hey there Francis, glad to hear from ya.  I guess we'll see, but I think the guy I spoke with knew what he was talking about.  

So do you mean the track record that most posters ended up agreeing with?  Or as you suggested we go out and sign Whitworth when he's been a talking head all season? 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:18 PM)samhain Wrote: Bills beat reporter is saying that Goodell will be solely responsible for this decision, and that if the game is played it will be within the next two days.  Take it with a grain of salt, but it seems legit.

And this was likely communicated to the Bills organization and they flew home anyway.  So the game's not happening then.    
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:19 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Hey there Francis, glad to hear from ya.  I guess we'll see, but I think the guy I spoke with knew what he was talking about.  

So do you mean the track record that most posters ended up agreeing with?  Or as you suggested we go out and sign Whitworth when he's been a talking head all season? 

1. My name is Christian, not Francis. FOH with that shitty name.
2. Posters agreeing =/= reality playing out.
3. I would LOVE to sign Whitworth (as he is my favourite player all-time), but not only did I NOT suggest that, it wouldn't work because he's not in football shape and he's still under contract with the Rams.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1610342115095056384
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. My name is Christian, not Francis. FOH with that shitty name.
3. I would LOVE to sign Whitworth (as he is my favourite player all-time), but not only did I NOT suggest that, it wouldn't work because he's not in football shape and he's still under contract with the Rams.

And, he's a left tackle when we need a right tackle.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. My name is Christian, not Francis. FOH with that shitty name.

Ok Francis, no need to get your pantaloons in a wad, eh!
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:

Hmmm…
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:24 AM)Tomkat Wrote: It should NOT be declared a "tie," nor a "win" for the Bengals, since they were leading.
I also think is should NOT be declared a "no contest" and started over at some later date.

IF resumed, it should be resumed at the exact point it was postponed.  Down, distance, position of field, time on clock... everything can be reset to that point... similar to how delayed baseball games are resumed after weather delay.  All that stuff is known, just re-start from there.

Have everyone kneel to honor Hamlin (regardless of ultimately what happens with his condition), let the Bengals take a delay of game penalty before the first snap (which the Bills decline, of course) then play on.

I don't think there's any way to just wipe the game off the schedule.  The NFL will go on playing, and there's 30 other teams that will do so, this weekend.

You have the right idea Tomkat. Almost looks like the NFL is going to just skip our game which pisses me off beyond imagination.

This game HAS to be played.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You have the right idea Tomkat. Almost looks like the NFL is going to just skip our game which pisses me off beyond imagination.

This game HAS to be played.

unless they delay the playoffs and make bills bengals play a solo game what would have been wild card weekend.   But that would be a nightmare to move back the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: unless they delay the playoffs and make bills bengals play a solo game what would have been wild card weekend.   But that would be a nightmare to move back the playoffs

Yeah, they gotta get this figured out without skipping the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:

KG:  Thanks for the update!  I was told last night this is exactly what was going to happen.  It will go down as a NO CONTEST as if the game never happened and playoff seeding will be determined by team's winning %.  So if we beat the Ravens, we will have a 75%. After that, tie-breaking rules will apply. 
Reply/Quote