Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
(09-06-2023, 10:52 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I don't know how much truth there is to this, but they were saying on WLW yesterday afternoon that NFLPA lawyers didn't like the "language" of the contract. Maybe Joe actually is trying to structure a deal that helps the team keep players. Otherwise, I don't see how the NFLPA would have a problem with it.

If it’s the same money, they shouldn’t give a crap about the structure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 01:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is there a link or anything referencing the NFLPA? I tried a quick Google search and turned up nothing.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/bill-cunningham-20785499/

About 58:30 mark of that 9/5/23 segment. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/bill-cunningham-20785499/

About 58:30 mark of that segment.

Thanks!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Thanks!

No prob. I edited my post.... it's the 9/5/23 segment.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 01:17 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I just hope the contract doesn't cripple the Bengals for years to come.  The player's union needs to stay the f**k out of contract negotiations... if Joey B wants to take a "team friendly" deal, he has every right to.

(09-06-2023, 01:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If it’s the same money, they shouldn’t give a crap about the structure.

Agree. IDK what the union and lawyers could be sideways with.....I don't even understand why the NFLPA would be involved.

Reply/Quote
If Burrow and his agent are satisfied the NFLPA has no say - they can't veto a contract. Burrow's legal people must be the source of delay if it is legal wording.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: If Burrow and his agent are satisfied the NFLPA has no say - they can't veto a contract. Burrow's legal people must be the source of delay if it is legal wording.

I could see if he takes below market that they would have a problem, but even then that means more money for other people on the team. That being said, I doubt he’s taking less.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree. IDK what the union and lawyers could be sideways with.....I don't even understand why the NFLPA would be involved.

Im not sure I believe the whole NFLPA talk.  Aaron Rodgers just took a 33.7 million dollar pay cut.  Brady took under marked value contracts.  We just signed Orlando Brown Jr. below market.   Players taking less than what they could get has been happening for years so if Burrow took less that wouldnt be any different.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 03:09 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im not sure I believe the whole NFLPA talk.  Aaron Rodgers just took a 33.7 million dollar pay cut.  Brady took under marked value contracts.  We just signed Orlando Brown Jr. below market.   Players taking less than what they could get has been happening for years so if Burrow took less that wouldnt be any different.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Maybe not, but it was local radio, so I passed it along. 

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Issue with all this is if Tee and Burrow aren't both done this off-season then Tee does become too expensive with Chase deal next year. They need these extra years as extensions to spread out the cap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bosa’s deal is done…

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bosa’s deal is done…

W O O F. $34MM per year. That is nuts. 
Reply/Quote
Well there goes any hope of it being done tonight.

Won’t want to steal his mates thunder along with his agent.

Tomorrow maybe LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Well there goes any hope of it being done tonight.

Tomorrow maybe LOL

This is the week. Relax.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Well there goes any hope of it being done tonight.

Tomorrow maybe LOL

Sounds like it's very close. Joe
Reply/Quote

Tomorrow maybe :lol:

(09-06-2023, 05:09 PM)Bengalion Wrote: This is the week. Relax.

(09-06-2023, 05:10 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Sounds like it's very close. :joe:

BengalsLUFC is pointing out Nick Bosa and Joe Burrow share the same agent so they probably won't be signing on the same day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: BengalsLUFC is pointing out Nick Bosa and Joe Burrow share the same agent so they probably won't be signing on the same day.

Well duh. He guessed maybe tomorrow. That would be very close,, right? Rolleyes
Reply/Quote

I wasn't exactly sure what to make of Burrow saying this. I guess there's no real sense in trying to figure where the hold up has been. Let's just get this thing done here in the next few days.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 12:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why would a rich player marry, and risk losing half of everything he/she's worked their entire life to achieve? Stay engaged forever Joe. Don't fall for it. Ninja

I’ve never understood this, especially in a state like Ohio. He literally has nothing to gain other than calling her his wife. What’s she going to do, leave him if he doesn’t tie the knot? C’mon. 

Maybe I’m the opposite of old-fashioned, maybe I’m too cynical for my own good, but there’s nothing stopping her from Tiger Woods-ing him the second something goes poorly. They’ve been together forever, and Burrow isn’t the scumbag Tiger is, but still. Why. Why why why.
Reply/Quote