Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
(09-06-2023, 05:55 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I’ve never understood this, especially in a state like Ohio. He literally has nothing to gain other than calling her his wife. What’s she going to do, leave him if he doesn’t tie the knot? C’mon. 

Maybe I’m the opposite of old-fashioned, maybe I’m too cynical for my own good, but there’s nothing stopping her from Tiger Woods-ing him the second something goes poorly. They’ve been together forever, and Burrow isn’t the scumbag Tiger is, but still. Why. Why why why.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 02:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: If Burrow and his agent are satisfied the NFLPA has no say - they can't veto a contract. Burrow's legal people must be the source of delay if it is legal wording.

^^^^^^^^ 100% This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 06:06 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Thanks for the kind words man! My buddy agrees with you, he’s been paying $1800/month in child support and lost his house to his cheating ex-wife. He loves it. Tiger Woods, Jeff Bezos, and Rupert Murdoch all agree… I’m sure they loved making their wives “self-made” billionaires. Considering the divorce rate is over 50%, it’s definitely a good investment for a rich guy.

But you’re right. I have issues.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 06:17 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Thanks for the kind words man! My buddy agrees with you, he’s been paying $1800/month in child support and lost his house to his cheating ex-wife. He loves it. Tiger Woods, Jeff Bezos, and Rupert Murdoch all agree… I’m sure they loved making their wives “self-made” billionaires. Considering the divorce rate is over 50%, it’s definitely a good investment for a rich guy.

But you’re right. I have issues.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It is interesting to note, with Joe and Bosa having the same agent, is that nothing was heard about the Bosa negotiations until Tuesday when media started to say that they were hearing things were close. Kind of similar to what we are hearing right now from local media about Joe's contract.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 08:37 AM)pally Wrote: It is interesting to note, with Joe and Bosa having the same agent, is that nothing was heard about the Bosa negotiations until Tuesday when media started to say that they were hearing things were close.  Kind of similar to what we are hearing right now from local media about Joe's contract.

I heard the delay was due to Burrow filing the paper work to get into section 8 housing because he's going to give the Bengals such an obscene discount. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 08:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I heard the delay was due to Burrow filing the paper work to get into section 8 housing because he's going to give the Bengals such an obscene discount. 

He's got too many cars to get approved.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 08:37 AM)pally Wrote: It is interesting to note, with Joe and Bosa having the same agent, is that nothing was heard about the Bosa negotiations until Tuesday when media started to say that they were hearing things were close.  Kind of similar to what we are hearing right now from local media about Joe's contract.

Maybe the agent is holding off on announcing both deals as content for episode 1 of his podcast... Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
NFLPA can throw a fit about a contract, but they can't cancel it. The league is the only entity that can veto a contract.

It looks like this won't get done this year afterall, and for whatever reason, that can only be seen as a significant setback in negotiations.

I will say they haven't closed the door on negotiations officially like they typically do days before the first game (see Bates). So who knows. But from the sounds of Burrow yesterday, the extension isn't even close and not likely in anyone's plans now that the season has started.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:55 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I’ve never understood this, especially in a state like Ohio. He literally has nothing to gain other than calling her his wife. What’s she going to do, leave him if he doesn’t tie the knot? C’mon. 

Maybe I’m the opposite of old-fashioned, maybe I’m too cynical for my own good, but there’s nothing stopping her from Tiger Woods-ing him the second something goes poorly. They’ve been together forever, and Burrow isn’t the scumbag Tiger is, but still. Why. Why why why.

Maybe because he loves her and wants to start a family with her and spend the rest of his life with her. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: NFLPA can throw a fit about a contract, but they can't cancel it. The league is the only entity that can veto a contract.

It looks like this won't get done this year afterall, and for whatever reason, that can only be seen as a significant setback in negotiations.

I will say they haven't closed the door on negotiations officially like they typically do days before the first game (see Bates). So who knows. But from the sounds of Burrow yesterday, the extension isn't even close and not likely in anyone's plans now that the season has started.

Where TF do you come up with this?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow's presser yesterday.

By all accounts and reactions the contract isn't even close or a thing being thought about as all focus is on the season.

Are you still believing his father being in town was a sign? Or the new behind the scenes show finale? Still believing Tee's contract is done and they are just waiting to announce both at same time for big offseason publicity? It's those thinking it's still about to happen that need to explain WTF they are coming up with their belief.

To everyone else it's pretty clear the moment has passed. We have a game in a couple days. Sure it may happen tomorrow. But yall have been saying that since February.

Reply/Quote
No one thinks the contract won't officially get done, so yall setting yourselves up for an I told you so when it gets done in January isn't going to get the praise from me.

In February, if anyone said the contract wouldn't be done by now, yall would have slammed and mocked folks. So that is that.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: BengalsLUFC is pointing out Nick Bosa and Joe Burrow share the same agent so they probably won't be signing on the same day.

The agent is usually just on the phone going over the contract with the player line by line, so he could do multiple in a day. Obviously, it didn't get done, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The agent is usually just on the phone going over the contract with the player line by line, so he could do multiple in a day. Obviously, it didn't get done, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Of course it did ffs LOL

Burrow and Bosa are friends Burrow isn’t going to steal his mates thunder announcing his record breaking deal and making Bosa an afterthought.

From everything that’s coming out it’s getting closer, it’s going to happen before Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe the agent is holding off on announcing both deals as content for episode 1 of his podcast... Ninja

Burrow is holding off on announcing the details on this contract for his HOF speech.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he's waiting for Arch Manning to sign his extension.

Reply/Quote
Seems like the Week after winning the AFCCG game this year and before the Superbowl would be the Best possible time to sign the deal. lol
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 10:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow's presser yesterday.

By all accounts and reactions the contract isn't even close or a thing being thought about as all focus is on the season.

Are you still believing his father being in town was a sign? Or the new behind the scenes show finale? Still believing Tee's contract is done and they are just waiting to announce both at same time for big offseason publicity? It's those thinking it's still about to happen that need to explain WTF they are coming up with their belief.

To everyone else it's pretty clear the moment has passed. We have a game in a couple days. Sure it may happen tomorrow. But yall have been saying that since February.

It has just as good of a chance of getting done today or tomorrow as it did a week ago...I'd say even better of a chance because there's urgancy. 

The moment hasn't passed at all. The moment will have passed as soon as that ball is kicked off at 1 pm on Sunday. Look at past Bengals extensions, a lot of them have gotten done 1 or 2 days before the season opener. 

Do I feel optimistic that Tee AND Burrow get done? No, no I do not. It's Burrow or bust at the moment.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 11:45 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It has just as good of a chance of getting done today or tomorrow as it did a week ago...I'd say even better of a chance because there's urgancy. 

The moment hasn't passed at all. The moment will have passed as soon as that ball is kicked off at 1 pm on Sunday. Look at past Bengals extensions, a lot of them have gotten done 1 or 2 days before the season opener.

Do I feel optimistic that Tee AND Burrow get done? No, no I do not. It's Burrow or bust at the moment.

Yep. AJ Green was a big one IIRC.

Reply/Quote