Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
(09-05-2023, 11:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Twitter (X) is blowing up.  Apparently, in addition to Burrow, Justin Jefferson, Bosa and Chris jones all have record setting deals on the table.  

They all get done before the season starts Thursday, IMO.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
We have football this week and there are 4 contract extensions on the table for players that are generational talents.
Joe Burrow, Nick Bosa, Chris Jones and Justin Jefferson.
These are all future Hall-of-Famers that could respectively sign record deals.
Last edited
9:56 AM · Sep 5, 2023
·
Views

Joe and Bosa have the same agent.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
A LOT of buzz going around that today is the day...we will see. This morning could be fun...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Today pretty much has to be the day.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 09:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: Today pretty much has to be the day.....

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but they were saying on WLW yesterday afternoon that NFLPA lawyers didn't like the "language" of the contract. Maybe Joe actually is trying to structure a deal that helps the team keep players. Otherwise, I don't see how the NFLPA would have a problem with it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 10:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't know how much truth there is to this, but they were saying on WLW yesterday afternoon that NFLPA lawyers didn't like the "language" of the contract. Maybe Joe actually is trying to structure a deal that helps the team keep players. Otherwise, I don't see how the NFLPA would have a problem with it.

if Joe and the Bengals were happy    id be interested in why the NFLPA gets a say
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 11:05 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if Joe and the Bengals were happy    id be interested in why the NFLPA gets a say

Me too, they hinted that the union would be upset if he took a friendly deal regarding the market for future QB deals. Like I said though, that could all be rumor. It was Bill Cunningham, Rocky Boiman, and Seg Dennison discussing it.

Reply/Quote
Joey B. about to get paid!

Who Dey & glad he's our QB.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952d6p0f551koe67alclgv...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
This is the big one to get done. The others won't be easy but this one had to go 1st.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 11:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me too, they hinted that the union would be upset if he took a friendly deal regarding the market for future QB deals. Like I said though, that could all be rumor. It was Bill Cunningham, Rocky Boiman, and Seg Dennison discussing it.

Ahhhh.... Union Dues  thats what its about lol
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 11:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ahhhh.... Union Dues  thats what its about lol

Haha, yeah, pretty much. 

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 11:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me too, they hinted that the union would be upset if he took a friendly deal regarding the market for future QB deals. Like I said though, that could all be rumor. It was Bill Cunningham, Rocky Boiman, and Seg Dennison discussing it.

Wild, must be unconventional and/or highly creative then. Otherwise they'd have no issues.

Sound like Pumpkin might be out smarting the League
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 10:55 AM)Synric Wrote: It rolls over to be used against next year's salary cap. Just because the Bengals don't use it this year doesn't mean they won't use it eventually when those players do get signed. It's a big reason the Browns are going into the season with almost 40 million cap space. They need to roll that over because their cap hits go up next year.

The concern isn't so much the Burrow/Higgins get away. We have organizational control of each for 4/3 more years. It's that that money was set aside for their contracts THIS year. Rolling it over to next year means leaving money on the table this year that could have helped us win games.  

Winning the Super Bowl is the goal. Not using all our assets to achieve it would be a failure. Duke said we were gonna spend to the cap. We are currently $20 mil below it. 

Now, this isn't over yet, and I am not panicking or anything, justctrying to explain my issue to you, since you seem to have missed the point the first time. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 08:57 AM)pally Wrote: Joe and Bosa have the same agent.

Someone want to point out to Petraglia the parents are always iin town for games and only live a couple of hours away?
Reply/Quote
There's no doubt in my mind that Burrow will sign his contract extension this week.

Unless he doesn't. Then I will retroactively add doubt to my mind.
Reply/Quote
It appears the contract has been agreed upon with Joe and the team. I never heard of the NFLPA stopping a contract so that is interesting to see if they have that type of power.

Let's hope Bengals get Joe locked up for next 10 years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Someone want to point out to Petraglia the parents are always iin town for games and only live a couple of hours away?

The game this weekend is in Cleveland though. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I just hope the contract doesn't cripple the Bengals for years to come. The player's union needs to stay the f**k out of contract negotiations... if Joey B wants to take a "team friendly" deal, he has every right to.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears the contract has been agreed upon with Joe and the team. I never heard of the NFLPA stopping a contract so that is interesting to see if they have that type of power.

Let's hope Bengals get Joe locked up for next 10 years.

Is there a link or anything referencing the NFLPA? I tried a quick Google search and turned up nothing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Someone want to point out to Petraglia the parents are always iin town for games and only live a couple of hours away?

not only is the game in Cleveland...its not game day either

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It would be nice to get Burrow extended so I hope this happens.  Burrow's parents are in town for the 'Dine for 9' initiative so Im not so sure this means a contract signing is imminent.
Reply/Quote