Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THIS IS THE WEEK
(09-01-2023, 03:07 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Do you think there's a reasonable chance we can't sign Joe?

Having Burrow increases the franchise value and brings more revenue in too.

They'll sign him.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2023, 03:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: If they can't get a deal with Burrow this season tho, it's only going to get worse. Much worse when he see's what next year's qb's get that haven't accomplished half of what he has.

I'd argue if the Brown family can't find the money to pay him this offseason, they never will be able to as the price only rises. It's pretty cut and dry.

Can't escrow 180 million this offseason for the guaranteed portion which they have to do, and is a challenge for the cash strapped family owned business. They won't be able to escrow 225m next, and definitely won't be able to escrow 300m after 2025.

We have to remember this is the business for the Browns. This team isn't their tax write-off for their multi billion dollar company they really make their money from.

This money is coming from lil grandbaby Brown's college fund and Katie's inheritance.

I'm sure they can get a loan for the needed amount IF they don't have it, but i'd bet they have it already.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dehner brought up a good point that they'd probably push to get a deal done by Wednesday when Burrow has his weekly press conference. If it's not done, I'd expect the entire press conference to be centered around the new deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
TODAY IS THE DAY BOYS!

September 5th...9/5 - BOTH TEE AND JOE EXTENDED...

IM WORKING 9 TO 5 LETS GOOOO
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 09:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: TODAY IS THE DAY BOYS!

9/5 - BOTH TEE AND JOE EXTENDED...

would be a good day to sign 9 & 5
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 09:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: TODAY IS THE DAY BOYS!

September 5th...9/5 - BOTH TEE AND JOE EXTENDED...

Can't get the annoying nail tapping out of my head, not just my own but the song. Hopefully the wait is over today. 
Reply/Quote
I am getting increasingly pessimistic that these deals get done this season.

Not that they do not get done, but just that it happens next year. IF that happens, it is a big organizational failure because we have $20 mil in cap space on the table while chasing a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 10:48 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am getting increasingly pessimistic that these deals get done this season.  

Not that they do not get done, but just that it happens next year. IF that happens, it is a big organizational failure because we have $20 mil in cap space on the table while chasing a Super Bowl.

It rolls over to be used against next year's salary cap. Just because the Bengals don't use it this year doesn't mean they won't use it eventually when those players do get signed. It's a big reason the Browns are going into the season with almost 40 million cap space. They need to roll that over because their cap hits go up next year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 10:48 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am getting increasingly pessimistic that these deals get done this season.  

The Burrow extension is 100% getting done before Sunday

I don't know how they get Higgins done though.  I doubt their budget includes 2 top dollar WR contracts going forward.
Reply/Quote

I mean, I don't see why people are so obsessed with it. There's no chance we don't extend Burrow and very little chance we don't extend Higgins. This year, next year, who cares, does it really matter? It's not like they're free agents.
Reply/Quote
They can happen late in the process

Geno Atkins signed his first extension on September 2, 2013 (Monday of Week 1).

AJ Green signed his on Friday of Week 1 in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 11:32 AM)BengalBob Wrote: They can happen late in the process

Geno Atkins signed his first extension on September 2, 2013 (Monday of Week 1).

AJ Green signed his on Friday of Week 1 in 2015.

It blows my mind how the FO and agent have literally MONTHS to get these deals done and they wait until the last day/week of the offseason lol. I guess one side just eventually caves in negotiations in order to get it done before the season starts. 
Reply/Quote
Twitter (X) is blowing up. Apparently, in addition to Burrow, Justin Jefferson, Bosa and Chris jones all have record setting deals on the table.

They all get done before the season starts Thursday, IMO.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
We have football this week and there are 4 contract extensions on the table for players that are generational talents.
Joe Burrow, Nick Bosa, Chris Jones and Justin Jefferson.
These are all future Hall-of-Famers that could respectively sign record deals.
Last edited
9:56 AM · Sep 5, 2023
·
Views
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 11:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Twitter (X) is blowing up.  Apparently, in addition to Burrow, Justin Jefferson, Bosa and Chris jones all have record setting deals on the table.  

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
We have football this week and there are 4 contract extensions on the table for players that are generational talents.
Last edited
·
Views

I can see Bosa and Jefferson getting deals. KC is going to have a hard time paying Jones what he wants.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can see Bosa and Jefferson getting deals. KC is going to have a hard time paying Jones what he wants.

They will figure it out. Extensions often allow better cap flexibility. He is arguably the second most important player on the team behind mahomes.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 11:34 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Twitter (X) is blowing up.  Apparently, in addition to Burrow, Justin Jefferson, Bosa and Chris jones all have record setting deals on the table.  

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
Last edited
·
Views

Meh - this isn't really anything new. 
Reply/Quote
Sounds like it's happening tomorrow... Burrow parents are in town and a couple rumors floating on Twitter.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 11:50 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sounds like it's happening tomorrow... Burrow parents are in town and a couple rumors floating on Twitter.

Let's hope.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Said last week I thought it would be yesterday or today just made too much sense.

Great news to wake up to the fact it’s been kept quiet all summer and now it’s leaking that it’s near as dammit done apart from a couple of small things if you believe the rumours.

Hopefully should know soon enough either way and will give a clearer picture if we have a cat in hells chance of keeping Tee too.
Reply/Quote