Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TJ on John Ross: 'They took his confidence'
It's not too late for John Ross to salvage a career. If used properly, he's as deadly as Brandin Cooks, they just need to utilize him in a similar fashion. Both success and confidence go hand in hand and build upon eachother.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not too late for John Ross to salvage a career.  If used properly, he's as deadly as Brandin Cooks, they just need to utilize him in a similar fashion.  Both success and confidence go hand in hand and build upon eachother.

John Ross has like 4 rushing attempts in his career 
Various OCs and HCs 3 years in still have no idea how to get the ball in his hands 
When you send a WR in motion , it gets the eyes of the defense 
To follow him. 
He's ideal for jet sweeps jet motion etc 
If Tyreek Hill was a Bengal he wouldn't be used proper here either 
Reply/Quote
Potential means you ain't done crap.. At this point in his career and where we drafted him.. Ross is a greater bust than Cedric Ob..
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 08:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Potential means you ain't done crap.. At this point in his career and where we drafted him.. Ross is a greater bust than Cedric Ob..

Completely ridiculous statement. Ross has scored 10 TD’s in 24 games. Ogbuehi was absolutely terrible the entire time he was here. He pretty much single handedly sunk 2 seasons he was so bad. Ross was a top 10 pick, but he’s at least had some positives here. Ogbuehi was 1st rd pick yet he had no positives during his time here. None. He didn’t improve one bit. In 4 years.

Price is also a much bigger bust than Ross at this point. For all the same reasons I mentioned above.

Reply/Quote
I somehow posted in the wrong thread. This was supposed to go in the Mixon thread. Whoops!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 09:38 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: You trade him for a second in a heartbeat. He’s going to get a huge contract and paying running backs are a waste of money. You don’t win championships with them as proven over the last decade. It’s not a position you invest Top 5 money in if you’re serious about winning.

Wrong thread, brother.  This is the John Ross thread, the Joe Mixon thread is three doors down..   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Completely ridiculous statement. Ross has scored 10 TD’s in 24 games. Ogbuehi was absolutely terrible the entire time he was here. He pretty much single handedly sunk 2 seasons he was so bad. Ross was a top 10 pick, but he’s at least had some positives here. Ogbuehi was 1st rd pick yet he had no positives during his time here. None. He didn’t improve one bit. In 4 years.

Price is also a much bigger bust than Ross at this point. For all the same reasons I mentioned above.

You just said it.. a top ten pick.. the other two were in 20s.. correct.. ok so we can debate which is the worst bust but you do agree Ross has been a bust at this point in his career correct?
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wrong thread, brother.  This is the John Ross thread, the Joe Mixon thread is three doors down..   Cool

Trade both of them for some hand sanitizer, a 1st, and a 5th next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
People saying its on Ross then will turn around and say the Bengals lost a good player after developing him.

What is a coach and a coaching staff?

This isn't baseball where they have a manager who puts the best nine players on the field and makes sure the batting order is right.

This is football where a coach makes a game plan, coaches players and turns them into his vision of what the team is going to be. The coach has assistant coach's and position coaches and training coaches.

The last coaching staff destroyed the confidence of Ross.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Well apparently Burrow has tons of confidence. So much so that it will spill out to the team around him. That could be huge for Ross.

Hopefully he has been watching Burrow’s work with Jamar Chase. I’m not sure how big Chase is but he and Ross are similar explosive fast guys. If he stays healthy and catches the damn ball I’m expecting big things.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: People saying its on Ross then will turn around and say the Bengals lost a good player after developing him.

What is a coach and a coaching staff?

This isn't baseball where they have a manager who puts the best nine players on the field and makes sure the batting order is right.

This is football where a coach makes a game plan, coaches players and turns them into his vision of what the team is going to be. The coach has assistant coach's and position coaches and training coaches.

The last coaching staff destroyed the confidence of Ross.

Well then he's mentally fragile... People get benched all the time. You think Marvin Lewis liked Chris Henry? He yanked him from games when he'd act out, benched him due to off field stuff, and didn't want him back after his release. Henry went out and produced to the point that he had to be played.

If they took his confidence, then they need to take his check after that. John Ross is a professional. He's one of the best at what he does in the world. They took his confidence? Get outta here... He was confident enough to make that Instagram video while he was riding the pine. I know these are TJ's words and not his, but get out there and produce. I'm not rooting for him to fail, but he's not my favorite. We need him to live up to the billing... Blaming Marvin Lewis (who is long gone, and TJ thrived under) is lame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:50 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The last coaching staff destroyed the confidence of Ross.

And my time in high school destroyed my confidence, but unlike me Ross should be man enough to get the hell over it!
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You just said it.. a top ten pick.. the other two were in 20s.. correct.. ok so we can debate which is the worst bust but you do agree Ross has been a bust at this point in his career correct?

No. He’s 24 years old and hasn’t played a ton of games yet. Disappointing so far? Yes. Total bust? No. There’s still some hope for him.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And my time in high school destroyed my confidence, but unlike me Ross should be man enough to get the hell over it!

What does “getting over it” entail? What’s he not doing that he should be doing? I’ve never heard anything about Ross being lazy, or having character issues. His problem has mostly been injuries, and a complete lack of chemistry with his QB. The whole “giving up on routes” thing is overblown from what I’ve seen when he plays. The main thing that he himself needs to improve on is the drops.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does “getting over it” entail? What’s he not doing that he should be doing? I’ve never heard anything about Ross being lazy, or having character issues. His problem has mostly been injuries, and a complete lack of chemistry with his QB. The whole “giving up on routes” thing is overblown from what I’ve seen when he plays. The main thing that he himself needs to improve on is the drops.

The context of this thread is that Ross is a man who was mentally broken by something that happened nearly 1,000 days ago.  If that is the case, then he does have to get over it.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea if Ross can turn it around or not, I'm just a fan. I do know I'll be rooting for the dude to have an amazing season and career catching balls from Burrow. I want to see Ross succeed.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is going going to be throwing those slant routes across the middle to Ross all day. No linebacker is going to be able to guard him.
Reply/Quote
I would compare him to qb without pocket awareness. Some qbs just have a knack for making that little twitch to avoid the sack. Ross takes a lot of big hits. Compare him to receiver like Golden Tate who seems to have a sixth sense to avoid the big hit. Unfortunately it is something that can’t be taught, expect Ross to never play a complete season. The Bengals should have taken his long list of injuries into consideration before drafting him.
Reply/Quote
I remember that play. The defender made a great play. Shit happens.

John Ross, Don't Trust Marvin.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.louderwithcrowder.c...f=1&nofb=1]
Marvin Asshoe
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 08:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: John Ross has like 4 rushing attempts in his career 
Various OCs and HCs 3 years in still have no idea how to get the ball in his hands 
When you send a WR in motion , it gets the eyes of the defense 
To follow him. 
He's ideal for jet sweeps jet motion etc 
If Tyreek Hill was a Bengal he wouldn't be used proper here either 

John Ross career rushing:
8 Carries
25 Yards
3.1 YPC
0 TD
1 Fumble

(04-18-2020, 10:36 PM)jason Wrote: Trade both of them for some hand sanitizer, a 1st, and a 5th next year.

Nice try, but you're never gonna get that.

(04-19-2020, 01:00 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Joe Burrow is going going to be throwing those slant routes across the middle to Ross all day. No linebacker is going to be able to guard him.

Don't need to guard him, just need to hit him after he catches (or drops) it. One big hit over the middle by a LB or S and Ross is done for the year.

The last thing a guy made of glass needs to do is go over the middle.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote