Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRUTH article about Zac Taylor
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-must-be-honest-about-zac-taylor

Best Line: “This team is one Joe Mixon comment about flipping burgers away from being the Bengals of the 1990s“
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nail on head.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Sack the Zac, now!!!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
James Rapien is an optimist too. We need more talking heads to start circulating this, putting out negative press.
Reply/Quote
Excellent article. Those comments from Tee are particularly damning.

My only hope is they just don’t want to fire Taylor mid season (especially around the holidays), and he’ll be gone as soon as it’s over.

Reply/Quote
Everyone seems to be on the same page with this one. Now we only have to hope the FO is as well.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yeah I fully expected to read he’d been fired by now.

The only hope I have- since he’s still employed here- is that management has decided to really tank for a better draft position- then clean house entirely. Sorry Darrin Simmons fanboys, he has to go as well.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
#SackTaylor
#SackZac
#HackyZac
Reply/Quote
Do you think Zac puts raisins in the potato salad?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Tobin needs to be replaced as well. The front office desperately needs an experienced, competent person making the football related decisions. If they refuse to do so once again this time, after how bad the last 2 1/2 years have been, when the hell will it ever happen?

I guess I still have a small sliver of hope that it might happen after seeing them completely break character last year, going really big and spending a lot of money in free agency.

I know Tobin has been there for 22 years and he's basically part of the family, but hell...they eventually moved on from Alexander after 26 years, right?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
"Preparing for them, we saw a lot of zero [coverage], a lot of man [coverage], a lot of (cover) one. Towards the end of the game, they started playing cover two and we didn’t think they were going to ever do that. They showed it and I just think we weren’t ready for it." - Tee Higgins

Just read this shit out loud.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tobin needs to be replaced as well. The front office desperately needs an experienced, competent person making the football related decisions. If they refuse to do so once again this time, after how bad the last 2 1/2 years have been, when the hell will it ever happen?

I guess I still have a small sliver of hope that it might happen after seeing them completely break character last year, going really big and spending a lot of money in free agency.

I know Tobin has been there for 22 years and he's basically part of the family, but hell...they eventually moved on from Alexander after 26 years, right?  Mellow

Idk, Tobin will probably be even harder to get rid of than Alexander since he’s so ingrained in the FO. Alexander probably didn’t have nearly as much day to day interactions with the family.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Tobin needs to be replaced as well. The front office desperately needs an experienced, competent person making the football related decisions. If they refuse to do so once again this time, after how bad the last 2 1/2 years have been, when the hell will it ever happen?

I agree with this. Getting rid of Zac or a few other coaches isn't going to change the foundation. If Tobin is doing the hiring and drafting, we are going to continue to be weak in many areas. To clean house, they should start with Tobin. Then Lou. Not sure Zac needs to be replaced yet. Each week tho I'm kind of leaning towards yes but not 100% convinced he's the problem.

Reply/Quote
LAC may change their coach after the season.

I don’t know all of the rules involved interviewing current coaches- but The Bengals need to place themselves ahead of this;PRONTO!!!

Herbert is a nice carrot to dangle in front of a candidate. Being that the Chargers are a better operated organization- any coach in his right mind will choose them over us.

Fire zack now Gdammit and get ahead of things!!!

Even if you can’t hire an employed coach right now- you can gdamn make the position more enticing!!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree with this. Getting rid of Zac or a few other coaches isn't going to change the foundation. If Tobin is doing the hiring and drafting, we are going to continue to be weak in many areas. To clean house, they should start with Tobin. Then Lou. Not sure Zac needs to be replaced yet. Each week tho I'm kind of leaning towards yes but not 100% convinced he's the problem.

I agree with everything but Zac. Burrow was able to mask some of his ineptitude. The fact he left a hobbled Burrow in during the end of that Steelers game should have gotten him fired, IMO. I just think he's in way over his head.
Reply/Quote
Funny none of the Zac Fan.Club are responding to this article
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 05:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Funny none of the Zac Fan.Club are responding to this article

He got another keep vote in the poll though. Up to 15 now. Can’t confirm or deny if any are members of the Taylor family...

Reply/Quote
I agree with most of Rapien's article.
But I thought Taylor was brought in due to his ability to develop a QB, not due to his expertise on offense.
In fact, his resume for calling offensive plays was actually not good. He had only called offensive plays for less than two years, part of 2015 as interim OC with MIA and then 2016 with UC. All of which the offenses he commanded did not do well.
Any part of Taylor's resume that was deemed "good" was as QB coach for Ryan Tannehill and Jared Goff.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 04:54 PM)Big Boss Wrote: #SackTaylor
#SackZac
#HackyZac

#NutZac
Reply/Quote