Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut
(09-12-2020, 12:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm under the impression that there is this notion that this forum is ruled by a mob of liberal bullies who gang up on and berate conservative posters.  

A mob, no.  A clique who berate those they disagree with, absolutely.  You're certainly not part of it either way.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 12:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A mob, no.  A clique who berate those they disagree with, absolutely.  You're certainly not part of it either way.

Oh, well in that case let me say as a non-member that I don't see this thread as one of the better ones to call out the clique.  This thread was a bit over the top from the start, so ehh...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 08:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im Pretty sure they were all praying to Satan. God isn't allowed in an NFL stadium. 

(09-12-2020, 12:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, well in that case let me say as a non-member that I don't see this thread as one of the better ones to call out the clique.  This thread was a bit over the top from the start, so ehh...

SSF gives you more credit than I. You're always ready to help light the torches. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: SSF gives you more credit than I. You're always ready to help light the torches. 

Meh, I admit over the past 30 or so years of attempting to understand the world around me people have taken the initiative to blow some of my more half-assed arguments away and I feel like I've grown a bit for it.  I pretty much went from an ultra-conservative kid to a typical liberal college/grad student to the cynical genius I am now...and each step was fraught with argument, I tells ya.

Good times.

EDIT - Actually, when I was in college I did have some of those "ARGH, no one cares about us straight white guys!" feelings creeping in. Oh well...maybe I was right then and I'm wrong now?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: SSF gives you more credit than I. You're always ready to help light the torches. 

[Image: army-pathfinder-badge-b221.jpg]

The man is a Pathfinder lightin’ the way to the circle jerk.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 11:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Using the phrase butt hurt is more childish than calling others children engaged in a circle jerk?

I’ve come to expect that sort of piss poor judgment from a guy who doesn’t know his synapses from a synopsis.

Ironically the synapses are involved in telling the fingers to type "synapses".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Stay on topic please. If your only participation in the thread is to complain that others are participating in the thread... You're not participating in the thread.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wasn't not expecting a euphemism 

First it was "all seriousness aside". Now it's "wasn't not". You're not really Joe Biden or George Bush are you?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
TELEVISION viewership has been dropping for years for all sports. I think it has a lot to do with streaming services.

All the people who swore they were going to quit over kneeling did that years ago, remember?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: TELEVISION viewership has been dropping for years for all sports.  I think it has a lot to do with streaming services.

All the people who swore they were going to quit over kneeling did that years ago, remember?

This is true, but the current environment should more than cancel that out.  People can't go out for entertainment much, if at all.  People are literally starved for entertainment, sports viewership should be significantly higher than last year.  The fact that it isn't across the board, is definitely cause for concern for the respective leagues.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: TELEVISION viewership has been dropping for years for all sports.  I think it has a lot to do with streaming services.

ONE person knelt Thursday Night. My issue had to do with the constant social messages by the NFL during the broadcast. I didn't make it until halftime because a football game kept interrupting the NFL's social media telethon. 

I'm on record as saying players kneeling wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the game but the constant messaging just might. 

FWIW, I think they'll cancel playing the Black National Anthem before the season ends.

Reply/Quote

There was a huge jump in online viewership. Most streamed NFL game besides the last Super Bowl.

Not enough to make up for the lost in broadcast viewership, but it was still the most viewed sports program on Thursday. They were competing with a Lakers playoff game, which they weren't competing with the NBA or any post season MLB games in 2019. The kickoff game in 2019 was a bigger deal too because it was the Bears and Packers commemorating 100 years. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ONE person knelt Thursday Night. My issue had to do with the constant social messages by the NFL during the broadcast. I didn't make it until halftime because a football game kept interrupting the NFL's social media telethon. 

Wow.  Talk about hyper sensitive. 

All of the messages were positive and not really controversial.  And they did not interfere with the game in any way.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 02:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ONE person knelt Thursday Night. My issue had to do with the constant social messages by the NFL during the broadcast. I didn't make it until halftime because a football game kept interrupting the NFL's social media telethon. 

I'm on record as saying players kneeling wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the game but the constant messaging just might. 

FWIW, I think they'll cancel playing the Black National Anthem before the season ends.

Wow, you’re a regular Miss Cleo with your psychic abilities.

The NFL’s plan is to play it before every Week 1 game. Thanks for your attention.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  Talk about hyper sensitive. 

All of the messages were positive and not really controversial.  And they did not interfere with the game in any way.

True.

I’ve never seen so many people upset at others for trying to do the right thing. It’s almost like the people protesting being treated differently are being treated differently.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  Talk about hyper sensitive. 

Call me hypersensitive then.

Reply/Quote
I would quote post #58, but there’s nothing to quote. Just more complaints about others bfine has already been warned to stop doing. As is someone whose first contribution to this thread was to call others children engaged in a sex act has a leg to stand on complaining about others calling him sensitive.
Reply/Quote
I mean I’m going to watch what I want. I get enough politics through the week. I’ll just roll my eyes at the social justice/political junk and watch the game. Or start muting them if the commentary wants to keep it on political subjects.

Interestingly the Clemson/Wake Forest game didn’t delve too much into the political spectrum while the UNC/Syracuse game went on for like 20 mins.
Reply/Quote
In all fairness, aren't we going to see a zillion political ads about how candidate A and/or candidate B are both going to wreck everything? I never tune my TV to a news channel, but I've seen plenty of this stuff.

At any rate, whichever side of the spectrum you're on you're going to watch football and then be nodding along with a number of political commercials today...that's just the way it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 10:54 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I mean I’m going to watch what I want. I get enough politics through the week. I’ll just roll my eyes at the social justice/political junk and watch the game. Or start muting them if the commentary wants to keep it on political subjects.

Interestingly the Clemson/Wake Forest game didn’t delve too much into the political spectrum while the UNC/Syracuse game went on for like 20 mins.

I wonder if it had to do with the network the games were on. For instance the Thursday Night game was on NFL Network and they answer only to the NFL who have pledged to share their voice. I'd be curious to see how it compares to games on FOX. 

Reply/Quote