Poll: What will happen going forward with TEE ?
The Bengals will NOT tag TEE – making him a Free Agent
TEE will get Franchise Tagged & then Traded in 2024
Bengals Tag TEE & make him play for them in 2024 under the Tag
Bengals Tag TEE & then sign him to a Long Term Deal for 2024 & beyond
Bengals Tag TEE & TEE will hold out the entire 2024 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tag decision on TEE coming soon – Crystal Ball - POLL
(02-07-2024, 10:32 AM)Stewy Wrote: The question was what do we think WILL happen, not WANT to happen.  So what does emotion have to do with it.  We were asked to predict what the FO will do, not what we'd do.

I think they will tag him.  What happens after, I have no clue.

What I WANT, is a transition TAG, and let him go while reaping the rewards.   Regardless of his injury plagued season ,he is still a top tier WR.  TAG and trade is much trickier.

What I DO NOT think will happen is Tag and sign long term.  The team can't afford to have 40mil+ invented in WR.  I believe Burrow is one of the top 3 QBs in the league, and with a true #1 (Chase) and young  talent, a FA or high draft pick TE/WR should be enough weapons for him.

You may be voting from a logical point of view, I'm suspecting that many others are voting with their fan voices and emotional investment into the team.

Why the transition tag?  All that does is give the Bengals the opportunity to match any offers that Higgins may receive. If the team chooses not to match, Higgins goes to another team, the Bengals receive nothing. No "rewards" to be reaped.

The only tag option that has any guarantees to it is the non-exclusive franchise tag.  In that situation the team wanting to sign Higgins would sacrifice two first round draft picks to the Bengals.  That is something that I cannot logically envision playing out. What team is going to dish two 1st round picks for a borderline top 10 at his position player?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 03:34 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think they tagged Rudi. I know he was coming off of his RFA year, but I think they re-signed him right as free agency started.

I guess Nugent counts. They did re-sign him the season after, but I remember it being they put out a low offer to him and Josh Brown and see which one bit first, naturally it was Nugent.

Nugent is the only Bengal i ever remember coming back after getting a Tag...
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 09:59 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I still believe the outcome is the Bengals tag Tee. If not, I predict he signs with the Jets or Panthers.

I think it’s us or Titans. Tee is from Oak Ridge a couple hours from Nashville. Plus of course Brian Callahan. They have the cap room and need a WR. Mgt/Ownership will want to be all in with Brian and accommodating. They want to prove they’ve got the recipe not Vrabel.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You may be voting from a logical point of view, I'm suspecting that many others are voting with their fan voices and emotional investment into the team.

Why the transition tag?  All that does is give the Bengals the opportunity to match any offers that Higgins may receive. If the team chooses not to match, Higgins goes to another team, the Bengals receive nothing. No "rewards" to be reaped.

The only tag option that has any guarantees to it is the non-exclusive franchise tag.  In that situation the team wanting to sign Higgins would sacrifice two first round draft picks to the Bengals.  That is something that I cannot logically envision playing out. What team is going to dish two 1st round picks for a borderline top 10 at his position player?

Yeah - that's what I meant.  Why did I think that was the transition tag?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You may be voting from a logical point of view, I'm suspecting that many others are voting with their fan voices and emotional investment into the team.

But the Bengals can choose to take less than the 2 first round picks - correct ?   (in draft picks and/or players)
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 01:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think it’s us or Titans. Tee is from Oak Ridge a couple hours from Nashville. Plus of course Brian Callahan. They have the cap room and need a WR. Mgt/Ownership will want to be all in with Brian and accommodating. They want to prove they’ve got the recipe not Vrabel.

Whooosh... I totally forgot about the obvious possibility with the Titans because of the Callahan factor.
Reply/Quote
I think he'll play under the tag this year.

Good poll, tho. The other options make me think. Specifically 2 and 4. While other teams would probably be more likely to do 2 (i.e., tag and trade) I think we're more likely to do 4 (long-term deal). I'm not even sure which one I prefer. I just think it's interesting that, holding all other variables constant, different teams would handle it differently. Or at least that I think they would handle it differently. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 04:27 PM)depthchart Wrote: But the Bengals can choose to take less than the 2 first round picks - correct ?   (in draft picks and/or players)

I don't know that it is negotiable, everything that I've read simply states that the team losing the player is rewarded with two 1st round picks as compensation.

That is where the traditional tag comes into play. If a team reaches out to the Bengals with an offer that they like, they could tag him with the regular tag and then trade him for the negotiated deal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know that it is negotiable, everything that I've read simply states that the team losing the player is rewarded with two 1st round picks as compensation.

That is where the traditional tag comes into play.  If a team reaches out to the Bengals with an offer that they like, they could tag him with the regular tag and then trade him for the negotiated deal.

I am seeing that Davante Adams was Non-Exclusive Franchise tagged by the Packers per;

"Packers place franchise tag on WR Davante Adams"NFL.comMarch 08, 2022.

Adams refused to play under the Tag then was traded to the Raiders for a 1st and 2nd round pick per;

"Raiders acquire Pro Bowl WR Davante Adams"Las Vegas Raiders. March 18, 2022

* It looks like less than two first round picks but they got close to it because it was Adams.
   Davante Adams is Elite #1 and TEE isn't but it may be that the Bengals can take less than two firsts for TEE
   and possibly even less than what was given for Adams.

**Maybe others on the Message Board can weigh in with more and deeper research on this since this was just a quick look by me.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 06:17 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am seeing that Davante Adams was Non-Exclusive Franchise tagged by the Packers per;

"Packers place franchise tag on WR Davante Adams"NFL.comMarch 08, 2022.

Adams refused to play under the Tag then was traded to the Raiders for a 1st and 2nd round pick per;

"Raiders acquire Pro Bowl WR Davante Adams"Las Vegas Raiders. March 18, 2022

* It looks like less than two first round picks but they got close to it because it was Adams.
   Davante Adams is Elite #1 and TEE isn't but it may be that the Bengals can take less than two firsts for TEE
   and possibly even less than what was given for Adams.

**Maybe others on the Message Board can weigh in with more and deeper research on this since this was just a quick look by me.

A player can be traded while on the tag. 

However, if a player simply decides to sign with another team for more money than the tag, that team must give up two 1st rounders.

Adams was traded.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nugent is the only Bengal i ever remember coming back after getting a Tag...

He is. The Bengals simply don't work out deals with players on the tag. Nugent also stunk in 2012 before getting injured, which made him take a cheap deal. Plus, Marvin and Simmons loved him. The closest after that was Michael Johnson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Orlando BJ was in Vegas today and was interviewed by PK and Millz. He couldn't say enough good things about the Team's culture and one of the first people he mentioned was Tee. I'd be quite surprised if he's not in stripes this year.

Sadly, he also spoke glowingly of Pollack
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 03:04 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Was'nt Green injured early? Bates was a f!cking b!tch. Bates never played a full season up to his abilities. He did'nt deserve what he wanted from the Bengals.

Well, in his first season with ATL, Bates did earn All-Pro 1st team from Pro Football Writers, Sporting News, NFLPA, and PFF. He also got All-Pro 2nd team from Associated Press.
So he has lived up to his new contract so far.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:59 PM)depthchart Wrote: It's February and a Franchise Tag decision on TEE Higgins will have to be made soon.

Predict the outcome.

Take the POLL as to what you think will actually happen with TEE

Voted they will Tag Tee and he will leave after this season.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well, in his first season with ATL, Bates did earn All-Pro 1st team from Pro Football Writers, Sporting News, NFLPA, and PFF. He also got All-Pro 2nd team from Associated Press.
So he has lived up to his new contract so far.

Yep, but we didn't know that Bates would play that well after getting that big contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Voted they will Tag Tee and he will leave after this season.

Without a doubt the most likely scenario.

Hopefully this helps deliver a Lombardi.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 03:52 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Without a doubt the most likely scenario.

Hopefully this helps deliver a Lombardi.

Hopefully...

That would be perfect while a lot of our favorite players are here and Tee could say he got a Super Bowl win with his fave team before he goes.

The Super Bowl going to be in New Orleans along with Burrow, Chase and our LSU ties etc.

Just seems like the perfect year for the Bengals to finally win a Super Bowl. Sure hope so.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, but we didn't know that Bates would play that well after getting that big contract.

Didn't we?
Bates also made the 2nd team All Pro by Associated Press back in 2020.
He was pretty consistent to average around 3 INTs, 9 PBUs, and around 100 tackles in a season while in Cincy.
He did even better in ATL this past year with 6 INTs, 11 PBUs, and 132 tackles, but he also was playing in a division with the best QB being Baker Mayfield and not great running games in CAR, NO, and TB.

Personally, I'm not surprised he played well.
I just didn't think it would make sense to pay that much for a DB given all the money the Bengals had tied up in other positions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 05:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The fact most here seems to think we need 2 #1 type receivers  makes me think you all dont trust burrow so much

Exactly... Chiefs just won with Kelce and a bunch of random guys! For some reason Bengals fan's believe we need 3 number one recievers and a dynamic College tight end to win it all. SMH
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Didn't we?
Bates also made the 2nd team All Pro by Associated Press back in 2020.
He was pretty consistent to average around 3 INTs, 9 PBUs, and around 100 tackles in a season while in Cincy.
He did even better in ATL this past year with 6 INTs, 11 PBUs, and 132 tackles, but he also was playing in a division with the best QB being Baker Mayfield and not great running games in CAR, NO, and TB.

Personally, I'm not surprised he played well.
I just didn't think it would make sense to pay that much for a DB given all the money the Bengals had tied up in other positions.

Bengals defense is heavy single high coverage and Jessie Bates is the best post safety in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote