Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take Anthony Schwartz!
Anthony Schwartz ran a $.26 40 yard dash at the Auburn pro day!

That's LIGHTNING FAST!

He does have some weaknesses, like he gets jammed at the line, doesn't have the best route running abilities outside of just a go route, skinny, and is kind of an all or nothing guy, but he's only 20 and those things can be coached-up at the next level! I'm actually liking our coaching staff to help players transition to the next level!  He's so young that he's not even fully developed in his game and will still develop into what I think will be an explosive player.

Put him in the slot and I think it helps ease the loss of AJ because it will keep safeties honest and off our receivers on the outside.

He can also excel in the run game on reverses and other gadget plays.

Here's 3 minutes of highlights from 2019:

Here's more: 

We attended his pro day and met with him, so it sounds like we're interested.

Projected to be taken early in the fourth which I think would be a PERFECT place for us to take him!
Reply/Quote
Bengals should be interested in any receiver that adds speed to the group
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 04:19 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bengals should be interested in any receiver that adds speed to the group

and....

can catch

is durable

run routes

not a head case
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry pass on him.
Auburn isnt a school that produces NFL quality WRs.
Rather have Kadarious Toney or Tylan Wallace.
Plus Zac Taylor hasnt shown me in 2 years he knows
How to use WRs that are lightning fast.
ZT is clueless when it comes to being creative
With WRs.
Reply/Quote
I think if they go WR, they have to go Chase for Burrow.

Edit: sorry, missed where you said the 4th.

Reply/Quote
I like the idea of drafting him in the 4th or 5th round. If he doesn't last that long, I wouldn't take him at the top of the third. He's got some warts and sprinters don't have a great track record (heh) in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 04:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sorry pass on him.
Auburn isnt a school that produces NFL quality WRs.
Rather have Kadarious Toney or Tylan Wallace.
Plus Zac Taylor hasnt shown me in 2 years he knows
How to use WRs that are lightning fast.
ZT is clueless when it comes to being creative
With WRs.

Toney may go in rounds 1-2. Wallace may go in 2-3. Schwartz may go in the 4-6th rounds. With the Bengals need for Oline help early, I think Schwartz is a more realistic target even though Toney and Wallace are more highly rated.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 04:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I like the idea of drafting him in the 4th or 5th round. If he doesn't last that long, I wouldn't take him at the top of the third. He's got some warts and sprinters don't have a great track record (heh) in the NFL.

Reminds me of Mercole Hardman.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Reminds me of Mercole Hardman.

Hardman is probably his best case scenario. And I'm not touching Schwartz in the 2nd round, like Hardman was. If he is taken in the 2nd round, then I say good luck to him but I wouldn't spend my draft capital that way.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Hardman is probably his best case scenario. And I'm not touching Schwartz in the 2nd round, like Hardman was. If he is taken in the 2nd round, then I say good luck to him but I wouldn't spend my draft capital that way.

Totally agree.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Toney may go in rounds 1-2. Wallace may go in 2-3. Schwartz may go in the 4-6th rounds. With the Bengals need for Oline help early, I think Schwartz is a more realistic target even though Toney and Wallace are more highly rated.

Schwartz is purely a speed WR. His route tree is very limited. We need a better well rounded WR to be our 3rd WR than him. I'm all for taking him. We just need someone drafted before him like Wallace or others.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 04:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I like the idea of drafting him in the 4th or 5th round. If he doesn't last that long, I wouldn't take him at the top of the third. He's got some warts and sprinters don't have a great track record (heh) in the NFL.

If Al Davis was still around, you could bet your house that he'd be a Raider..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Schwartz running a 4.26 means nothing for how good of a prospect he is. We just got rid of Ross, who holds the NFL record for the 40. He stunk, and added very little to the offense. If they can get him late, then that’s fine but people put a lot of weight into speed when it doesn’t have a huge impact on how good a player is.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Schwartz is purely a speed WR. His route tree is very limited. We need a better well rounded WR to be our 3rd WR than him. I'm all for taking him. We just need someone drafted before him like Wallace or others.

I agree. I see Schwartz as a WR4 to stretch the field who can also be used on occasional jet sweeps, quick slants, or tunnel screens to try to take advantage of his speed. I think he is a Day 3 draft prospect, but I’d still like to see him as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Schwartz running a 4.26 means nothing for how good of a prospect he is. We just got rid of Ross, who holds the NFL record for the 40. He stunk, and added very little to the offense. If they can get him late, then that’s fine but people put a lot of weight into speed when it doesn’t have a huge impact on how good a player is.

Agreed. Jerry Rice was a 4.5 guy, not a 4.3 guy.

And that’s why I would target Schwartz in the 5th round or later.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Agreed. Jerry Rice was a 4.5 guy, not a 4.3 guy.

And that’s why I would target Schwartz in the 5th round or later.

Im still tryig to figure out the name....I see Schwartz I and think think Jewish attorney..not a 4.26 40 WR...LOL
All kidding aside, he looks more durable than Ross and seems to have decent hands too....if they grabbed him in 4th to create the new law firm of
Boyd, Higgins and Schwartz....im all in and lets do it!
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

I think of this when I hear he has trouble when jammed at the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree. I see Schwartz as a WR4 to stretch the field who can also be used on occasional jet sweeps, quick slants, or tunnel screens to try to take advantage of his speed. I think he is a Day 3 draft prospect, but I’d still like to see him as a Bengal.

Would be a nice dynamic to add back into the Bengals offense, kind of the way Jay Gruden would get splash plays from underrated receivers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What if we get Chase in round 1. Would we go after a guy in later rounds, like a Jaleon Darden type? Schwartz may not be a bad guy to get in later rounds if he lasts but I'm sure some team will reach for him now that he ran so fast. Just hope its not us. No need to reach for a speed WR in the draft. That usually doesnt workout for teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would be a nice dynamic to add back into the Bengals offense, kind of the way Jay Gruden would get splash plays from underrated receivers.
Yeah we definitely need that dynamic back in the offense.
Reply/Quote