Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Take the freaking points
How many times has this bitten teams in the @$$ in the past?

Take the points on the road. This could've easily been won. Terrible.

Mixon killed it tonight though.
Reply/Quote
Or...from the 2...maybe run it once or twice!

The Philly special was insane.
Reply/Quote
That is a very simple minded way to evaluate the the team. I dont hate the 4th down call the defense was playing great.

It starts with BRIAN CALLAHAN and the offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the offensive playcalling and scheme is bad.

We're terrible every 1st quarter.

Then, we turn it on just enough to lose a close game.

The players seem to have little enthusiasm. Makes me wonder...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:47 AM)Synric Wrote: That is a very simple minded way to evaluate the the team. I dont hate the 4th down call the defense was playing great.

It starts with BRIAN CALLAHAN and the offense.

The execution was just so bad.

In theory, going for it was ok.
Reply/Quote
That play sequence, 1st and goal from the 2..

If it was in doubt before, Zac officially became a Bungle tonight. Congratulations. Should have happened long ago.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Should have let Burrow read the field. That play call took away from what he does best.

Reply/Quote
I like the decision to go for it on 4th down. I just didn't like the play that was called. Should have run Mixon.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
In the three games they have lost on last second field goals the scripted plays in first quarter have been awful.

For Zack it seems the purpose of first quarter does not include trying to score.

Regarding op if you don’t think you can run on first and second from the 2 why in the world would you try a trick play instead of taking the field goal?
Could not agree more .
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:51 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like the decision to go for it on 4th down. I just didn't like the play that was called. Should have run Mixon.

How about running mixon on first and second downs ?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:51 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like the decision to go for it on 4th down. I just didn't like the play that was called. Should have run Mixon.

Nah, let Burrow scan the field. If they want to sell out to take away Chase hit Boyd, Hurst, or Mixon there.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:54 AM)bengals67 Wrote: How about running mixon on first and second downs ?

Especially in a game we're running well.

You know if we had like 20 rushes for 43 yards...Zac would have ran it 3 downs!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:49 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That play sequence, 1st and goal from the 2..

If it was in doubt before, Zac officially became a Bungle tonight. Congratulations. Should have happened long ago.

I've been saying since last year, dude is a "Bungle" -- people jump down my throat every time I say that. 

Yeah, yeah, I know... Super Bowl. The team has been upgraded and has regressed. 

Much of that, if not most of that, falls on the coaching. Maybe the dude got lazy. It happens. 

There was no reason to go for it. It's blown up in team's faces so many times at every level. Especially when the defense is playing so well, you knew this was going to come down to the wire. 

Not to mention the playcalling is total BS. What the hell was that reverse trick play. So unnecessary. That's the kind of thing you pull midfield when you need a spark. 

So, freaking, pissed right now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Or...from the 2...maybe run it once or twice!

The Philly special was insane.

This is another thing I just can't understand. Last week with Mixon averaging 2 yds a pop we keep trying to pound it in. Which I'm fine still trying it some then but this week Mixon is over 4yds a carry. To not run it there just makes no sense. Make them stop you. But I saw Goodberry said it was a good call to go for the TD. I'd agree if your playing the Bills or the Ravens had been scoring right and left. But it was 13-10 late in the 3rd. Just take the points or run it on 1st and probably score.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:51 AM)bengals67 Wrote: In the three games they have lost on last second field goals the scripted plays in first quarter have been awful.

For Zack it seems the purpose of first quarter does not include trying to score.

Regarding op if you don’t think you can run on first and second from the 2 why in the world would you try a trick play instead of taking the field goal?
Could not agree more .

Zac is this teams biggest weakness. He is so bad. As bad as he was tonight he was even worse against Pitt. If that's a silver lining. Zac is responsible for two losses so far this season and it's only week 5. Get rid of the guy he's a loser. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:56 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is another thing I just can't understand. Last week with Mixon averaging 2 yds a pop we keep trying to pound it in. Which I'm fine still trying it some then but this week Mixon is over 4yds a carry. To not run it there just makes no sense. Make them stop you. But I saw Goodberry said it was a good call to go for the TD. I'd agree if your playing the Bills or the Ravens had been scoring right and left. But it was 13-10 late in the 3rd. Just take the points or run it on 1st and probably score.

Boom. I hope they stop pulling that crap. Even if the playcalling is good. And I don't get the logic of going for it if the defense is playing well. To me it should be the exact opposite unless they're down 17 points or so. 

The defense was doing well enough to stop them to where, like I said before, this game was obviously going to come down to a field goal. And they have the best kicker in the NFL.

Thanks a lot Zac! Great job as always. 

/rant
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Should have let Burrow read the field. That play call took away from what he does best.

Did we succeed last year from Burrow making his own calls / improvising based on terrible line play or did we get lucky in spite of Taylor? Are they being more forced to Taylor’s calls with a “revamped line” or is this now just the product of more game Tape on Taylor?
Reply/Quote
The decision to go for it was fine, I have no criticism there. The execution was just poor, though. I’m also not a big fan of a shovel pass, either.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:56 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I've been saying since last year, dude is a "Bungle" -- people jump down my throat every time I say that. 

Yeah, yeah, I know... Super Bowl. The team has been upgraded and has regressed. 

Much of that, if not most of that, falls on the coaching. Maybe the dude got lazy. It happens. 

There was no reason to go for it. It's blown up in team's faces so many times at every level. Especially when the defense is playing so well, you knew this was going to come down to the wire. 

Not to mention the playcalling is total BS. What the hell was that reverse trick play. So unnecessary. That's the kind of thing you pull midfield when you need a spark. 

So, freaking, pissed right now. 

The big plays last year made the coaches appear better. But, the league figured out how to stop it.

Now Zac needs to adjust...and so far they've struggled unless they play a team like the Jets with bad coaches that don't go Tampa 2.
Reply/Quote
Burrow + Chase + Boyd + McPherson + Mixon + Hurst + Perine = 17 points? Really?

That’s too much talent on the field at one time to suck so badly.
Reply/Quote