Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Take the freaking points
(10-10-2022, 01:34 AM)Tony Wrote: I'm really starting to believe most of us have overrated Burrow.. He's not elite..

In the offseason Zac said he wanted to play musical chairs and move Boyd outside and Chase into the slot more. This is after Chase got 1400 yards Tee had 1000 yards and Boyd had 800. Why not just try to improve on what you had going only a fool would switch it up.

Burrow is a good QB but he is being drug down by coaching. As well as coaches either having him force the ball to Chase or not stopping him from forcing the ball to Chase. Find the open man ffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:40 AM)phil413 Wrote: Same, Zac changed the culture but those 2 are your future and only chance at a SB.  Zac has to show accountability by firing Callahan without dramatic change next week so they have the bye to prep for a move.    

Zac can call the plays and save his job or maybe use Walter's in the same role.  The defense believes in Lou, promote him next year and buy a respectable OC if Zac can't turn this around.

Zac is calling the plays and it will cost him his job one day.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The players seem to have little enthusiasm. Makes me wonder...

Agree. They don’t seem to be having fun anymore. Outside of Hurst, these guys look like they can’t wait to clock-out and go home. Thinking something must be going on behind the scenes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. They don’t seem to be having fun anymore. Outside of Hurst, these guys look like they can’t wait to clock-out and go home. Thinking something must be going on behind the scenes.

I think we have to remember also this is the NFL, so not a ton separates players in their ablility but what does is the ability to play at a high level consistently, adjust to changes in the game and yes overcome not great coaching at times.  Maybe last year success came a bit too quick for Burrow, Chase and Taylor..  Look at how Hurt has progressed, he now has entered as a top 10 QB...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:45 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: How many times has this bitten teams in the @$$ in the past?

Take the points on the road. This could've easily been won. Terrible.

Mixon killed it tonight though.

Well Smart Coaches learn from their Mistakes...  We dont have one
Reply/Quote
I didn’t have a problem with going for it. It was the play calling
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:22 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I didn’t have a problem with going for it. It was the play calling

I don;t have the problem with the play call, something they were not expecting at all, i have problem with execution and personal.. i rather have Taylor in there and was obvious that Collins missed assignment 
Reply/Quote
Random info: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10050581-why-is-scoring-down-in-the-nfl-in-2022#:~:text=NFL%20games%20are%20averaging%20just,full%2Dseason%20average%20since%202006.

Scoring is down in the NFL this season. I wonder if the analytic staff account for this when making a recommendation?

Hindsight is everything, I wish they had taken the points.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. They don’t seem to be having fun anymore. Outside of Hurst, these guys look like they can’t wait to clock-out and go home. Thinking something must be going on behind the scenes.

When they showed Chase on the sideline after what the 2nd series ? He looked like he was already checked totally out. It's sad our offense is this bad.
Reply/Quote
I don’t even mind that he rolled the dice and went for it on 4th & goal. Would have preferred the FG, but there is a rational thought process that explains it.

One of those calls no one complains about if it works; gets eviscerated if it doesn’t.

What makes me lose my mind is watching him call a double philly cheesesteak reverse-twisting double- tuck, The Scottish Porcupine, Green Eggs 22 left hold the mayo and the Chinese Fire Drill on 1st & goal from the 2.

He’s wrecked this offense. The league did what the league does. It adjusted. Lac Attac did not.

This team has Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, Mixon, an improved OL and looks utterly dysfunctional 80% of the time.

Let’s talk about Chase for a minute. Truly an elite talent. He’s been a non-factor for most of the season. Look at some of the other elite WRs in the league. Jefferson? Diggs? Kupp? Hill? They’re all huge contributors to their team’s success. Zac can’t find a way to keep Chase involved other than to throw quick outs or completely sell out to laziness and have him run “lol here yo go JC lol” WR sweeps and handoffs.

We don’t get windows of opportunity like this often in Cincinnati. Brown/Blackburn put the money in to do what was needed to improve the team.

Now we need them to have the wherewithal to demand Taylor bring in a competent OC and surrender play calling duties.

If that doesn’t happen, we’re an 8-8 team.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:47 AM)Synric Wrote: That is a very simple minded way to evaluate the the team. I dont hate the 4th down call the defense was playing great.

It starts with BRIAN CALLAHAN and the offense.

when the OFFENSE isnt playing great you take the points...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:30 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I don’t even mind that he rolled the dice and went for it on 4th & goal. Would have preferred the FG, but there is a rational thought process that explains it.

One of those calls no one complains about if it works; gets eviscerated if it doesn’t.

What makes me lose my mind is watching him call a double philly cheesesteak reverse-twisting double- tuck, The Scottish Porcupine, Green Eggs 22 left hold the mayo and the Chinese Fire Drill on 4th & goal from the 2.

He’s wrecked this offense. The league did what the league does. It adjusted. Lac Attac did not.

This team has Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, Mixon, an improved OL and looks utterly dysfunctional 80% of the time.

Let’s talk about Chase for a minute. Truly an elite talent. He’s been a non-factor for most of the season. Look at some of the other elite WRs in the league. Jefferson? Diggs? Kupp? Hill? They’re all huge contributors to their team’s success. Zac can’t find a way to keep Chase involved other than to throw quick outs or completely sell out to laziness and have him run “lol here yo go JC lol” WR sweeps and handoffs.

We don’t get windows of opportunity like this often in Cincinnati. Brown/Blackburn put the money in to do what was needed to improve the team.

Now we need them to have the wherewithal to demand Taylor bring in a competent OC and surrender play calling duties.

If that doesn’t happen, we’re an 8-8 team.

Good post. It’s so frustrating seeing guys like Jefferson go off for 150 yards every damn week. With an improved OL (on paper) Taylor has absolutely no excuse to be this bad. He has two top 5 picks, and 2/3 of that historic LSU offense ffs.

Does anyone think this team is 2-3 with Sean Payton?

Reply/Quote
I don't mind the call. What frustrates me is that we can't get 2 yards when we need it.

And all of that is beside the fact. The rest of the game was infuriating. Unblocked guys were rushing Burrow. Who is missing their assignment that allowed that to happen? Also the whole first quarter was abysmal. You had 10 days to prep plays. There should be more timing throws (quick screens and the like) where Joe is basically throwing as soon as the ball is hiked. Help the line be better by giving them some plays where they don't have to protect as long. But also coach and prepare them better because they aren't very good and there also is no depth. What if Jonah was seriously injured? Adeniji was holding for his life and was lucky it didn't get called.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: When they showed Chase on the sideline after what the 2nd series ? He looked like he was already checked totally out. It's sad our offense is this bad.

Your right about Chase. Yet that look was on several players faces. Specifically Burrow's. Based on what I seen last night, Taylor is handcuffing the offense to try and keep Burrow upright. Not saying getting the ball out quick is a bad thing, but when your run game looks like shit and you barely take any shots down field, your offense is too freakin predictable. Ain't nobody fearful of this offensive game-plan. These guys are not motivated and definitely are not having fun. Somethings going on in that locker room and a few more losses may bring the issues to surface publicly. 

I'm not seeing the leadership on this team either. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I don;t have the problem with the play call, something they were not expecting at all, i have problem with execution and personal.. i rather have Taylor in there and was obvious that Collins missed assignment 

Terrible play call because alot simply has to go right on that play in a very small area and they never ever run that play. Chiefs know how to run that play and everybody in that scheme knows exactly what to do.

Running game and OL physicality was as good as it's been all year and you have to ride with that. The irony is when the running game is piss-poor as it's been the past year and a half, every time they get inside the 10 they force it to Mixon. So last night they have the Ravens on their heels and are bashing them in the run game and getting forward yards and they don't give it to him. It's no doubt 4 down territory but Mixon simply has to at least touch the ball twice.
Reply/Quote
There’s a time and a place to go for it on 4th down. I’d be fine with the decision if we were going against a high-octane offense in a shootout. It’s not such a great decision when you’re in a low scoring game where both offenses are struggling. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and take the points like Harbaugh did. We lost because Zac Taylor was out-coached.
Reply/Quote
And did anyone see the shot of the Ravens’ analytics team sitting in the booth last night? Do you really want dorks like that deciding the game with their mathematical formulas?
Reply/Quote
I have zero issue going for it on the two-yard line. The bigger issue by far is the weird ass plays we called from that spot. Just so bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:58 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: There’s a time and a place to go for it on 4th down. I’d be fine with the decision if we were going against a high-octane offense in a shootout. It’s not such a great decision when you’re in a low scoring game where both offenses are struggling. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and take the points like Harbaugh did. We lost because Zac Taylor was out-coached.

Like Harbaugh did? Did you see him last week amongst many other times the past few seasons? He's probably the last guy you want to discuss in the same sentence as logic. The only reason he went for it in the 4th last night was they had just gotten a penalty, it was 4th and 5 and he simply got abused by the media and his entire team by NOT taking the points the week before.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 10:02 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: And did anyone see the shot of the Ravens’ analytics team sitting in the booth last night? Do you really want dorks like that deciding the game with their mathematical formulas?

Ugh...yes? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote