Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Game thoughts
(08-25-2015, 12:44 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: 1.  Can we trade Dalton for the Buck's 2nd team quarterback?  AJMc has a noodle arm

2.  I hear that our oline is good, but cant see it on the field.  Reinforced

3.  Some second teamers look good

4.  Our offense relies on perfect timing throws, where everything goes right.  Why no seems or deep balls?  Perfect recipe for low 3rd down conversions

5.  Dline had flashes, but better get better or we will make more 3rd tiered QBs look all-pro

You answered #4 with #2......they can't protect that long.... ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Whit or Dalton "the new leader" should be getting up in these guys faces and letting them know they won't stand for this bullshit...  preseason or not.

If Dalton starts calling people out with the stat sheet he has going he's going to either get laughed at or laid out.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: You answered #4 with #2......they can't protect that long.... ThumbsUp
The friggin' back up O-line players subbing for injured starters gave more time for Winston against our starting D.

What an eye opener that was.

Alexander supporters please stand up.

Our starting O-line looked lost.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not much to write home about.
We came out flat and didn't really do much. AD needs to really bring the ball down. he's getting it right over everyone's heads including the intended target, hard to catch a ball when you're extended like that and then take a hit in the ribs.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: You answered #4 with #2......they can't protect that long.... ThumbsUp

Agree.  Oline looked pathetic, glad we drafted 2 OTs.  But is it me or does Andy get happy feet even before he feels the rush?  Marino was slow as a turtle, but he knew how to evade and throw the freaking ball faster.  Are our WRs that bad at getting separation?  Goes back to 1 WR perfect timing throws.  If that WR is covered, then what?
Reply/Quote
I need opinions on Mike Glennon

What's your opinions on Glennon?

Personally, I think he's just as good as Andy. Glennon = Dalton

(Glennon has a bit more upside though)
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If Dalton starts calling people out with the stat sheet he has going he's going to either get laughed at or laid out.

Then get laid out.  I played guard.....and if that was me out there, I'd chew my own ass out.....
(08-25-2015, 12:53 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: BengalsRocker

The friggin' back up O-line players subbing for injured starters gave more time for Winston against our starting D.

What an eye opener that was.

Alexander supporters please stand up.

Our starting O-line looked lost.

They were absolutely atrocious.  That sumbitch needs fired now.  Stats don't tell the tale.....even Jaws and Gruden pointed it out

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: uuhhmmm, OK

So then everyone last week played a primetime game? Only one Sunday game, and that was the only game that day.

Also, if it was a primetime game, how come when I put on the TV the Steelers-Jaguars were playing? I thought primetime meant everyone watches it.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:56 AM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: I need opinions on Mike Glennon

I'd trade straight up, even trade contracts.  And I have been a delusional Andy supporter.  Needs to start at the top though, need to replace giggles.  And I am not just responding to 1 practice game, the karma is not right
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:54 AM)U UDWhoDey Wrote: Agree.  Oline looked pathetic, glad we drafted 2 OTs.  But is it me or does Andy get happy feet even before he feels the rush?  Marino was slow as a turtle, but he knew how to evade and throw the freaking ball faster.  Are our WRs that bad at getting separation?  Goes back to 1 WR perfect timing throws.  If that WR is covered, then what?

I think Andy is becoming gunshy and looking to unload the ball too quickly.  We couldn't even protect McCarron against scrubs.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If Dalton starts calling people out with the stat sheet he has going he's going to either get laughed at or laid out.

I guarantee the analysts after watching tonight's game would have understood if Dalton would have been pissed.

They weren't the cause for everything that went wrong but they do have own most of it.

The RBs couldn't produce behind them either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:00 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I guarantee the analysts after watching tonight's game would have understood if Dalton would have been pissed.

They weren't the cause for everything that went wrong but they do have own most of it.

Maybe it gets back to oline.  Expected more from Hill and he is legit
Reply/Quote
I listened on the radio til I got to work, so maybe a slightly different spin.
The offensive line played poorly (obviously Lapham is going to notice).
No starters on offense played well enough.
It was nice to hear Geno's name. Also, sounds like Chris Carter is making the 53.
Coach seems to have improved his clock mangement.
I had been hearing that nobody could cover Eifert. Are our LBs/S just not good enough?
We suck at covering short routes. This has been true as long as I have been a fan.
Glad this one doesn't count...

Reply/Quote

Yup.....I'd say it's a wash....

Reply/Quote

Andy has better upside than Glennon. Glennon has a better chance of staying consistent game in and game out; mainly because we have a small sample size of Glennon.

But other than that, they're really not that comparable. Glennon had a good preseason game. Cool. But Glennon isn't all that great honestly. He has the ability to be a starter, but I don't see him being as good as Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 12:59 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: I'd trade straight up, even trade contracts
That would be terrific and would clear up some cap space.

Dont think Tampa would be willing to make that trade though
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:00 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I guarantee the analysts after watching tonight's game would have understood if Dalton would have been pissed.

That's fine, but then does the entire o-line turn around and start screaming at Dalton when he throws a bone-headed INT?  Ida know, I just think people really overestimate how effective screaming can be.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:04 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Andy has better upside than Glennon. Glennon has a better chance of staying consistent game in and game out; mainly because we have a small sample size of Glennon.

But other than that, they're really not that comparable. Glennon had a good preseason game. Cool. But Glennon isn't all that great honestly. He has the ability to be a starter, but I don't see him being as good as Dalton.

Meh....Glennon has played on some BAD teams....many coordinators, two HCs.......he's on that plane at least.

Reply/Quote

There was a thread around here that had a link called "Should your team trade for Glennon".

First question was: Did your QB make the pro bowl last year?

If you answered yes the next question was: Is your QB Andy Dalton?

If you answered yes, the questionnaire ended with yes. If you said no, it continued.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh....Glennon has played on some BAD teams....many coordinators, two HCs.......he's on that plane at least.

Glennon DID manage to beat the Steelers last year when Dalton went 0-2 against them, granted.
Reply/Quote